I believe I have found the rock bottom of bad College Football designs. Meet the Belhaven Blazers away Unifrms

Davidellias

So this was originally going to be me complaining about two small midwestern schools called Trine and Alma and their terrible helmet designs, but as I did more google searching and looking at the Helmet Project, I came across another DIII school with quite possibly most likely some of the worst designs in modern college football.

0aWW3tY.jpg

Folks, bask in the awfulness that is Belhaven's "Away" uniform.

Thankfully most of the bad design trends have stayed away from D-II and FCS teams. But boy there are some other bad looking designs in D-III and NAIA.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

The white jersey when paired with gold pants actually looks kinda nice. As for the rest (except the green jersey) they can burn in a fire.

Here's what I like about Belhaven

The Tartan pattern on the Shoulders

They actually had the balls to due a vertically split helmet

Here's what I dislike about Belhaven

Chrome alt helmet

White numbers on (off) white uniforms

Yellow shoulders don't match the yellow jersey fade.

Yellow jersey fades to silver pants on alt.

GFGS Alt uniform

Unnecessary Pink alt helmet.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

At least the gradient they used is a good one. I hate when gradients are used for two completely different colors (see: Jags, Jacksonville). White/Yellow is an excellent choice for a gradient.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

So this was originally going to be me complaining about two small midwestern schools called Trine and Alma and their terrible helmet designs, but as I did more google searching and looking at the Helmet Project, I came across another DIII school with quite possibly most likely some of the worst designs in modern college football.

0aWW3tY.jpg

Folks, bask in the awfulness that is Belhaven's "Away" uniform.

Thankfully most of the bad design trends have stayed away from D-II and FCS teams. But boy there are some other bad looking designs in D-III and NAIA.

Extremely minor point, but Belhaven plays football in the NAIA's Mid-South Conference. But yes, those are...different...

Extremely minor point, but Belhaven plays football in the NAIA's Mid-South Conference. But yes, those are...different...

They're transitioning to D-III this upcoming season.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Oh, okay. I did not know that. Interesting. While that may look like a step up on the surface (NCAA vs NAIA), is D-III really better quality football than NAIA? They don't allow athletic scholarships.

We were 7-0 against NAIA and 3-0 against D-II schools as a D-III while I played. With the NAIA games we won by an average of 35 points and the D-II games by 10+. So you tell me. Some D-III schools are very bad. Some NAIA schools are very good. Same with every division.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Oh, okay. I did not know that. Interesting. While that may look like a step up on the surface (NCAA vs NAIA), is D-III really better quality football than NAIA? They don't allow athletic scholarships.

We were 7-0 against NAIA and 3-0 against D-II schools as a D-III while I played. With the NAIA games we won by an average of 35 points and the D-II games by 10+. So you tell me. Some D-III schools are very bad. Some NAIA schools are very good. Same with every division.

Who did you play for?

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Always wondered which NCAA division(s) NAIA was on par with.

Sidenote: Do NAIA school have scholarships? Not sure whether that school transitioning to D3 would be an upgrade, downgrade or lateral move. I've only known of NAIA schools that jumped to NCAA D2.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I read an Article in SBNation last year that stated NAIA allows college to pay their athletes. (Basically they give them a 15k allowance for the whole year to spend as they see fit.)

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Archived