Ramsjetsthunder's 2015 NFL Redesign (3/32) *Saints Added*

ramsjetsthunder

Happy Memorial Day everyone! Ok, so a little background on this.

I've done many NFL Redesigns in the past, I believe this is my 4th attempt. I had one going pretty strong in the late summer of last year, but the start of school interfered and I never got back to it.

This year, I have many already pre-done to prevent me falling behind and now that summer is just beginning, I will have much more free time on my hands. I believe my series will be the best I've had yet and hope everyone enjoys this. I will be doing logo sets first and probably going back to uniforms after that. So for now, just be ready for logos.

First up, The Arizona Cardinals.

ARIZONA CARDINALS

I've seen many different approaches done with the Cardinals uniform-wise, but logo-wise, not so much. This was the first one I did in this series, and did so many months ago, so it might need improvement. There's some stuff I need to fix, but I can't quite figure out what. I haven't added a wordmark, but I might soon.

11295719_10207440710682826_1608294487236

Suggestions Appreciated, Hope you enjoy this series that I hope and plan to finally complete. There's been a lot of NFL Redesigns on the board lately so I hope this starting with logos makes it stand out.

fiowXOD.png

I can't really see this as a NFL logo. Something about the style isn't quite fitting.

I'd get rid of the A for sure, makes it look like a high school logo.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I can't really see this as a NFL logo. Something about the style isn't quite fitting.

I'd get rid of the A for sure, makes it look like a high school logo.

I agree with Evil G. Don't get me wrong, I like this logo. However, I see this as more of a minor league baseball team rather than an NFL team logo.

I can see that, I'll see what I can do to improve it to an NFL-caliber logo.

fiowXOD.png

That A is what ruins this. It doesn't look like it represents anything other than the letter a. A different font would make it stand out. If you keep the star in there, possibly have it radiate out similar to the star on the state flag.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Thanks for the feedback! I've made some changes, including a slight update to the alt. logo, which is now the primary logo, and a new alt. logo "AZ" which feels very Arizona-like to me somehow. I went ahead and scratched the full-body logo to stand out from the St. Louis Baseball Cardinals and to stick with the head-style logo the Cardinals have gone with for many years. I think it turned out rather well. Again, suggestions are appreciated.

ARIZONA CARDINALS (UPDATE 1)

11110459_10207460711022822_1609794249665

I'll unveil the Falcons logo next, but until then, here's a sneak peek of it.11329954_10207453214715419_5171719242307

By the way, I wil try to figure out a way to get these pictures higher-quality, as I can see they are rather blurry right now.

fiowXOD.png

It's looking a lot better, and I really like the AZ alternate. If I were you, I'd add a bit of shading to the cardinal to make it pop a bit more. Excited for Atlanta, the teaser looks pretty cool.

spacer.png

Judging by our peek at the Flacobs logo, there will be 3 teams with some form of a red/gold color scheme (assuming you're keeping the 49ers the same). I feel like this should be revised.

To be honest, I did think about that with the Cards and Falcons. I would fix it, but the Falcons look is promising so far. I'll already tell you this about the Falcons, gold is a minor accent color and silver grey is more prominently used. I'll fix it if it ends up looking repetitive.

fiowXOD.png

The original set lokked like an old high school logo package, but the second was modern and it would fit in the NFL.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The logo looks good, but I'm not sure about the gold in the beak. I think an orange or yellow would be better. Everything else I like though. Will you be doing uniforms?

Yes, like I said in the original post, I will likely be doing uniforms once all the logos are done.

fiowXOD.png

Judging by our peek at the Flacobs logo, there will be 3 teams with some form of a red/gold color scheme (assuming you're keeping the 49ers the same). I feel like this should be revised.

4 actually; KC, Zona, ATL, 49ers

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I really like the direction this is headed. You have a great start, however, it just does not look like an NFL logo right now.

Your first improvement was with Update 1. To use a full-bodied bird as a logo is really tough and not many teams can pull it off without making the logo look A ) too complex for a primary logo, or B ) simplifying the logo so much that it becomes too abstract (see Atlanta Falcons). The St. Louis Cardinals are one of the only teams I know that have produced an adequate full-bodied bird logo. Hell, it's so good that when they try to use only the head of the bird it just looks awkward.

As for your logo, like I have said: it's a decent start. There are just a few things that I see problematic:

1) jmoe pointed it out and I can't look past it now--the eye needs some work. It does look like the cardinal is wearing some sort of mask.

2) You have differing line widths that are really jarring to the eye. You can especially see this in your black & white variant, which leads me to my next point...

3) Unless you have a really good reason to use accents, like the darker shade of red you're using in there, they aren't necessary. Especially when used so conservatively, they're not really adding much and they really don't belong. The only one that I see actually making sense is the one near the eye, but if you keep that, you've even used them so seldom that they're not worth using in the first place.

and this last one is just for future reference.

4) Never save as .jpg, that's where you're getting the pixelated areas. Save as .png if you want your work to look crisp and clean all the way around.

I look forward to the rest of your project.

and this last one is just for future reference.

4) Never save as .jpg, that's where you're getting the pixelated areas. Save as .png if you want your work to look crisp and clean all the way around.

I look forward to the rest of your project.

Yes, I figured that was the problem. I will try to save .png for future logos.

fiowXOD.png

I think tis logo set would work well for the STL Cards baseball team if they ever moved, but as someone else mentioned, it doesn't have a pro "football feel".

I just think it would look better on a cap than helmet.

87Redskins.png

Ok, based off suggestions, I've decided my only change (for now) will be concerning the eye. I've created 3 options for the eye. 1. the original. 2. A circular look. 3. The original with a pupil circle. I understand comments about the eye looking like a mask, but that as well could be a cool idea as a marketing strategy. They could have a nickname like the "SuperCards" or something.

10409293_10207483460511545_7761978341873

fiowXOD.png

Archived