New Mexico Uniform Concept (Away)

Jabel777

This is my first concept on here and is for my UNM Lobos...

So far I have made 4 different uniforms in this concept. The main colors are cherry, silver, white, and dark gray. C&C is definitely welcome! I found this template on the boards made by Scott Springer.

Current Version of Home Uniform Concept:

dkiLX9R.png

Current Version of Away Uniform Concept:

eHeyIwg.png

Current Version of Alternate 1 Uniform Concept:

tIE7Juo.png

Current Version of Alternate 2 Uniform Concept:

QucIaZ0.png

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, Jabel777! It might be common that first concepts are not really that good, but I'm not saying that first concepts are bad. In your case, your concept needs more design and more logos but not too many logos. If this was a design during the 80's, this might be very futuristic for that time. Another thing, you've earned 50 points on using the Lobos font (courtesy of Conrad), but the wordmark and NOB should have correct character spacing, especially on the letters L, A, and Y. Also, the numbers are not that center-aligned. Overall, it's a good concept that needs improvement. Please don't force yourself to design your concept quickly. Take your time. Thanks and I hope to see more of your concepts!

Thanks for the help. I made a second version with two logos added on. I also added outlines on the team name and NOB. The part I'm not sure about is the stripe of silver behind the numbers, so I would like some feedback on this. This stripe on the back might look a bit sloppy now on the edges but I'll fix that later. Here is V2:

imqtLHj.png

Also, the number on the back may look uncentered, but it is centered and hard to see with the font so italicized. Hopefully the outline helped with spacing issues on the names.

no stripe, thicker outlines, smaller NOBs, outline on NOBs, and do something with the collars and stuff. Good start though

Isn't this his concept, and not yours?

Not really fair to say how thick to make outlines or to remove stripes.

It's okay. I was looking for feedback on the outline, and it is kind of unnecessary. I'll make a new version later tonight. There actually is a small outline on the NOB but I'll see how it looks is it is thicker.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way!

The second is way better than the first. I like the silver and the added designs. It isn't as generic as the first, and I like that.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

With this, I tried to add more silver, but not use the stripes. I found a new way to use the silver and I hope you like it! I also thickened outlines and added them to numbers. I also added another of the horizontal lobo logos. Here is V3:

Y48cJME.png

Edit: I had to make the numbers and NOB smaller after testing out real player names and numbers, and this will be posted in the next post.

And also, I think that the side panel logo should be omitted, because you already had a logo at the other side. This is to avoid cluttering and redundancy. Thanks for taking my word about the logos, though.

This is V4. I made the grey on the shoulders smaller and removed the front facing Lobo logo from the side panel. I'm not sure if this looks better or not but the number and NOB definitely look better. I would like to find a spot for the front facing logo, but I don't know where to put it. Please post your thoughts on this version. Thanks!

TTPBZLs.png

Here is the final version of the home uniform. All that I changed was the color of the NOB.

TTPBZLs.png

This is the away uniform. It is red and very similar to the home uniform. C&C is greatly appreciated!

IL7o299.png

Archived