FIFA officials arrested on corruption charges

Honestly, this actual news is good. Soccer, at the end of the day, will be around for centuries... it's really not going away nor can it be dragged down by a handful of bureaucratic clownshoes.

Ppl talk about American football as being bigger than its league, 'the shield', & that's true enough to a point. Soccer? Child please, this is a drop in the bucket.

Maybe they should ban them for 4 days' work, take away their parking spaces, & fine them a million dollars yes?

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now they just need to add tear gas mode.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

99% of my work is in Banking compliance (including limited AML and FCPA work)... This whole situation fascinates me. My business life and sports life rarely, if ever, intersect.

That being said - where was the Audit and Compliance committee in all of this? They have a presentation online talking about "self regulation" that was published last year. The main question was, is it still sustainable for FIFA to be a self-regulating body. I guess the answer is a loud "No". Reading the (probably) limited charter on FIFA's website for the A&C Committee, it looks like there was a tone at the top where compliance was not a priority to "upper management". Only making sure the final financial statements are right is mentioned in there, that should be the tip of the iceberg for a compliance committee - especially considering FIFA probably has limited users depending on their financials.

Please, pass the popcorn on this one!

/compliancegeekmode

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I don't think any multi-billion dollar business enterprise can be trusted to be self-regulating, so of course FIFA can't.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Any word on the FIFA officials, upon learning they were going to be arrested, if they fell to the ground in pain before the cuffs were placed on them?

govQb.gif

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I wonder if there is corruption in US sports ?

Uh... yeah

ncaa-logo.png

True, but the NCAA's corruption looks like amateur hour, pun intended, compared to FIFA (in fact pretty much everyone is an amateur compared to FIFA). I mean the NCAA has not been responsible for thousands of deaths, displacing thousands from their homes, creating kangaroo courts that convict men to prison for 15+ years in under two days, etc... etc...

This has been an interesting little scandal, but then I was just thinking, "hey, international financial conspiracy, by now shouldn't someone be blaming this all on the Jews somehow?"

PORT OF SPAIN (Reuters) - Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has blamed Zionism for the circumstances that led to him and former Asian Football Confederation chief Mohammed Bin Hammam being forced out of world football.

Warner, 68, resigned from FIFA after ethics investigations were begun into a meeting he held with Bin Hammam where FIFA say payments were made to Caribbean soccer officials ahead of the election for FIFA president in June.

Qatari Bin Hammam was handed a lifetime ban by FIFA for his role in the affair while a number of Caribbean officials were given suspensions last week.

Bin Hammam was not immediately available for comment.

Trinadadian Warner says in a letter to the Trinidad Guardian, which will be published in full on Tuesday, he intends to speak out on the affair and highlighted who he felt was to blame for his downfall.

"I will talk about the Zionism, which probably is the most important reason why this acrid attack on Bin Hammam and me was mounted," Warner told the newspaper.

The train's never late!

That article is also from 2011. So, not exactly relevant to this exact discussion.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

This has been an interesting little scandal, but then I was just thinking, "hey, international financial conspiracy, by now shouldn't someone be blaming this all on the Jews somehow?"

PORT OF SPAIN (Reuters) - Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has blamed Zionism for the circumstances that led to him and former Asian Football Confederation chief Mohammed Bin Hammam being forced out of world football.

Warner, 68, resigned from FIFA after ethics investigations were begun into a meeting he held with Bin Hammam where FIFA say payments were made to Caribbean soccer officials ahead of the election for FIFA president in June.

Qatari Bin Hammam was handed a lifetime ban by FIFA for his role in the affair while a number of Caribbean officials were given suspensions last week.

Bin Hammam was not immediately available for comment.

Trinadadian Warner says in a letter to the Trinidad Guardian, which will be published in full on Tuesday, he intends to speak out on the affair and highlighted who he felt was to blame for his downfall.

"I will talk about the Zionism, which probably is the most important reason why this acrid attack on Bin Hammam and me was mounted," Warner told the newspaper.

The train's never late!

That article is also from 2011. So, not exactly relevant to this exact discussion.

That's exactly what the Jews want you to think!

--------------

But really, this is big news and I really want some major things to come from this.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived