New realistic football template - based on Michigan State 2015

MChrome

Gentlemen,

For the past couple months i have been studying & learning from the brilliant & skilled contributors on this forum on how to create and use templates. I feel i am ready now to take the training wheels off and try to make contributions of my own, so i present to you my first ever completed template made from scratch.

This template is on gimp which is what i use, i dont have photoshop. If this doesnt work on photoshop, please let me know how i could convert it to being photoshop-friendly.

C&C is greatly welcomed and encouraged, both good & bad.

download here: http://gridiron00.deviantart.com/art/MSU-2-0-template-by-MChrome-536147530

sample of template:

msu_2_0_template_by_mchrome_by_gridiron0

it still have the spartan logo and the aztec stripes on the pants

Thanks, i missed that. Ive updated the link with this fixed, sample here: http://orig01.deviantart.net/9ef2/f/2015/149/9/4/msu_2_0_template_by_mchrome_by_gridiron00-d8v7i2y.png

That should be a layering issue. I'm not sure how that works in GIMP but if it's similar to Photoshop you just deselect a layer.

Not sure what you mean here.

Which layer edits the helmet color, the helmet layer isn't working for me? Other than that this is amazing!

The helmet layers are inside the folder named "helmet" located at the very top.

If you're not able to access it, i could pull them out of the folder for you.

It's great to see a template made specifically for GIMP. I downloaded the template, and it seems to work well. The only problem I've come across is that coloring something black makes the part solid black. Maybe you need to add another layer on top with a different blend mode. (I think you have to do something like use Screen rather than Multiply.) Other than that, it's a solid template.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

It's great to see a template made specifically for GIMP. I downloaded the template, and it seems to work well. The only problem I've come across is that coloring something black makes the part solid black. Maybe you need to add another layer on top with a different blend mode. (I think you have to do something like use Screen rather than Multiply.) Other than that, it's a solid template.

I have found that its best to not use the 100% black shade of black, not just for this template but for most templates. I always use a shade of black that is around 10%-15% lighter, that way it allows the creases and shadows to become darker and still show. Its also how you would view uniforms in real life i believe.

Thats a shame i would LOVE this in Photoshop.

Okay friends, for those of you on photoshop who cant use this template, i have saved and uploaded every layer from the template to my photobucket.

So all you would have to do is save all these layers, and import them into your file in the correct order.

The only issue is there are 2 layers which on GIMP are set to multiply, but hopefully your photoshop has a multiply layer setting or something similar.

Album here: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/clevecavs6/library/michigan%20state%20template?sort=3&page=1

The order of the layers should be as follows:
top pieces
base multiply 50% (set layer to multiply at 50%)
base multiply 100% (set layer to multiply at 100%)
facemask color
shell color
collar color
jersey color
arms color
gloves color
pants color
socks color
shoes color
background

Good luck! Let me know how it goes and C&C please.

• 2 weeks later...

I went ahead and created these layers and created a photoshop document.. i've temporarily uploaded it here... the edges looked a tad rough but i havent had a ton of time to really play with it. if anyone wants to take a shot at maybe touching it up? Also, if you want to add this to the template post as well?

download the psd here: http://dolhalloffame.com/msu_template.psd

I went ahead and created these layers and created a photoshop document.. i've temporarily uploaded it here... the edges looked a tad rough but i havent had a ton of time to really play with it. if anyone wants to take a shot at maybe touching it up? Also, if you want to add this to the template post as well?

download the psd here: http://dolhalloffame.com/msu_template.psd

I'll take a look at it. I wasn't happy with my first build attempt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived