Fifty shades of Grey Cup–Cinquante nuances de Coupe Grey

buzzcut

Yes, it's time to talk 3 downs and the smell of burnt rubber. The 2015 CFL Season is almost here. Can Calgary repeat? Will Ottawa improve? Is Michael Sam better suited to the CFL than the NFL? Find out these, and many other questions, in the 2015 CFL season thread.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the year I hope they finally announce expansion to, at least, Quebec City & Halifax.

- me, the past 15 years.

I just can't get as excited as I'd like about a 9 team league, divided into 2 divisions no less, playing from June until November.

The game is great, the summer games are great (esp late western ones); it's the league's setup if you will which keeps me from diving full on.

I also don't love the 'CFL season really starts on Labour Day wkend' chatter... which throws the summer games under the bus a little.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

#ISITJUNEYET? Why, yes it is. I'm not excited about Toronto not having a real home game until August, but I'll cheer for them extra hard playing a road game in Tar Sand Central (Fort Mac).

This is the year I hope they finally announce expansion to, at least, Quebec City & Halifax.

With the Als having territorial rights to the entire province, that ain't happening.

Anyhoo, if the Argos can avoid being slaughtered by injuries again this year, I think they can be a legitimate contender. Their core is aging, so they've really gotta make the most of the next few seasons.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm waiting to see how ex AZ Cardinal Big John Skelton's gonna do in the Als training camp this year. Not sure why but have always rooted for the guy. Should have a decent chance at doing something for a Montreal team in need of a QB.

Would choosing to follow the BC Lions make me a bad American fan, as Vancouver's the only city in Canada I've been to? The CFL is just awesome to watch, and I feel odd without a team to follow/root for.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Would choosing to follow the BC Lions make me a bad American fan, as Vancouver's the only city in Canada I've been to? The CFL is just awesome to watch, and I feel odd without a team to follow/root for.

Welcome to the club. I've been rooting for BC for years from afar in large part because Vancouver is one of the few Canadian cities I've ever been to, and if I'm honest one of my favorite cities in the world. I now look forward to the CFL season almost as much as I do MLB and the NFL. Most of my friends in San Diego think I'm a nutjob.

I've never been to Foxborough & I'm a Patriots fan... ride with it.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Not at all, and welcome to the south of the border CFL family.

I cheer for the Argos, because Toronto is my default sports city for sports that Buffalo doesn't have(exception, baseball where I cheer for the Pirates(NL so doesn't matter) and Orioles, but do have a soft spot for the jays).

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

#ISITJUNEYET? Why, yes it is. I'm not excited about Toronto not having a real home game until August, but I'll cheer for them extra hard playing a road game in Tar Sand Central (Fort Mac).

Or another way to look at it, they're not going to have a real home game until next year...

For me, I'm going THF for the first time in September to take in a game against the Eskimos. Looking at Ticketmaster seat availability, it's almost a certainty Hamilton will be going 9 for 9 in the sell out category...

Correction, make that 10 for 10, there are only 26 tickets left for the freakin' pre-season game on the 8th...

tigercatssignature-1.png

My fandom was limited to following the adventures of the 1994-95 Baltimore Colts/CFL Colts/Football Club/Stallions. It probably helped that baseball had a strike.

I'd watch it if I could find it on TV, though. What's the U.S. broadcast situation this year?

I'd watch it if I could find it on TV, though. What's the U.S. broadcast situation this year?

IIRC, the US broadcast schedule usually isn't released until mid/late June.

Also: As part of the Argos' sale to David Braley, Toronto gets to host the Grey Cup in one of 2016/2017/2018. They'll probably exercise their option next year, though I wouldn't mind if they waited a bit. Ideally, Hamilton would host is next year (since they haven't held it since 1996 and because they got their new stadium earlier) and Ottawa would be the host in 2017 (Canada's capital for our sesquicentennial).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I have a history of liking more than one team in the same league so it's not a suprise to be that I've been kinda drawn to Calgary and Hamilton. Really excited for the season! Hopefully Brandon Banks can shake off the punt return that never was and have a great year.

Archived