Changes that were GOOD

hockey week

Sharks:

220px-ChristianEhrhoff.jpg

f968f5d81141e56426edba1331a6873b.jpg?ito

Disagree with this one. While the new logo is definitely an improvement, the decision to drop silver accents for orange was a big mistake. So was changing and then, not using the "Fin" logo.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Islanders25.pngIslanders27.png

I've long felt this was a downgrade. The current uniforms are totally garish on the ice. The previous look is far superior in-game.

Professional:X2XXTRp.jpg

Eye-Searing:BlLJCx9.jpg

How are the current Islanders uniforms eye-searing?

How are the first edge professional? They look like a 4 year old designed them... They have the awful faux piping, completely odd striping on the arm, front numbers, no tail stripe, and didn't even look like anything the islanders have worn before! So there was no tradition element there.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I would say one of the biggest and best changes in sports logo history:

az_zps6wxqdwcz.jpg

Way too subtle to be one of the biggest changes.

that's why I like it. Design was executed perfectly to retain team history.

this:

wayne_chrebet_1997_10_19.jpg

to this:

keyshawn-johnson.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

I was excited for it at the time, but now I disagree with that. Even aside from how Reebok and Nike have mangled the jerseys on modern templates, I'd much rather see the Jets in Kelly green. Those jerseys were so simple, but I think they were great and they'd translate well to modern templates. I could take or leave the logo, but the rest of the set was great. Plus, it gave them a reason to use black merchandise and actually made it look pretty good, rather than the dreary forest green and black crap they've put out the last decade plus despite black not being a team color.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

From the uniform that perfectly represents the dismal ten(ish) years from 95-06:

bergeron_action1.jpg

To the current uniforms:

bergeron.jpg

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

From this...

To this...

Actually, there was one in between:

I'd call both moves improvements. The top uniform is just plain awful. This middle uniform (chronologically, bottom of my post) is nice enough but really does not say "White Sox" (OK, it literally says "White Sox" but is a departure from their history of using "SOX"). So the change to the black, while I thought it was trend-hopping at the time, ended up having staying power and is working.

Of course the top uniform followed the big collar uniforms, so the White Sox have made three consecutive positive changes.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If you will allow me to introduce an obvious homer example...

Pat+Williams+Minnesota+Vikings+v+Chicago

Thankfully became...

1027%20s%20BarrD1.jpg?itok=VsYeYCri

yeah, this was a HUGE upgrade and it is largely overlooked. imo, the vikes have one of the best uni sets in the league now. before they were, um, near the bottom.

the look is clean, the matte helmets look perfect and the darkened purple is about the only shade of purple you can wear without looking awful.

Sharks:

220px-ChristianEhrhoff.jpg

f968f5d81141e56426edba1331a6873b.jpg?ito

Disagree with this one. While the new logo is definitely an improvement, the decision to drop silver accents for orange was a big mistake. So was changing and then, not using the "Fin" logo.

I also completely disagree partially for the same reason. Never liked the light orange addition in place of silver. And additionally I've never liked the cartoon shark they switched to in the process. The top one was and still is the best the Sharks have worn IMO.

From the uniform that perfectly represents the dismal ten(ish) years from 95-06:

bergeron_action1.jpg

To the current uniforms:

bergeron.jpg

The current uniforms are pretty good, but for some reason I really like that pre-Edge set better.

I thought he meant Bergeron looks better with beard..

Archived