Changes that were GOOD

hockey week

The football Cardinals went from this:

BestPicksCardsMAIN.jpg

To this:

Anquan+Boldin+Arizona+Cardinals+v+Caroli

The Cardinals used to have the most crushingly boring uniforms in football after they got rid of the Cardinal on the road unis in the mid-90s.

The new look gave them a serious jolt.

I am definitely going to have to have to disagree on this one. The Cardinals might have needed a little updating, but the new uniforms are just a nightmare of aesthetics.

Boring (classic) >>> clownish panels and piping
I'm going to disagree here. Even though the Cardinals jerseys are pretty bad, that old one looks like a blank stock jersey you could get at walmart for $15

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BestPicksCardsMAIN.jpg

To this:

The Cardinals used to have the most crushingly boring uniforms in football after they got rid of the Cardinal on the road unis in the mid-90s.

I am definitely going to have to have to disagree on this one. The Cardinals might have needed a little updating, but the new uniforms are just a nightmare of aesthetics.

I'm going to disagree here. Even though the Cardinals jerseys are pretty bad, that old one looks like a blank stock jersey you could get at walmart for $15[/quog]

While I do think the new ones are horrible, piping filled disasters, I don't think the cardinals are a team that should use a really simple jersey like this. I think a really good nikified, modern rebrand would be the way to go (I'm thinking of something like the Vikings not the jags of course)

I have always been amazed at how much Nike is preferred. Aside from too much reliance on side panels and piping, I think reebok was fine. Both hit some and missed some on redesigns but Nike uniforms just look cheaper to me with the sweat boxes and mismatched colors. I think Nike has been a disaster. Also the Jags are awful below the neck too.

I am one that absolutely hated the RBK sheen materials. I much prefer the Nike matte finishes. My only real complaint about Nike so far is their problems with matching greens on the fabric.

BestPicksCardsMAIN.jpg

To this:

Classic? Just cause it's old and plain doesn't make it classic. They lost in those uniforms for years and those uniforms were hated back then...

I just don't get this thinking at all. Even if you agree that those old Cards uniforms were plain and/or boring, I'd still rather eat a dry white cracker than a spoonful of dog crap.

I feel like people are forgetting that the Cardinals are one of the charter members of the NFL. A team that has existed for nearly 100 years should not be wearing modern piping or a most likely terrible "nike-fied" uniform. Sure, they might not have the championships that the Bears or Packers have, but completely ignoring the team's history is kind of an insult.

Besides, looking nike-fied is MUCH worse than looking like Alabama.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

BestPicksCardsMAIN.jpg

To this:

SHOW ME THE MONEY

From this...

Atlanta+Thrashers+v+Anaheim+Ducks+AUPkh5

......to this...

481792551_slide.jpg

I'm glad Winnipeg got a team back, and I'm even more thrilled they brought back the name. But I'm not glad the Thrashers are out of the league. I actually liked the color scheme, especially the purple jerseys.

I feel the same way. Except the Thrashers never had purple jerseys. Purple was never a team color. But regardless, I'm glad Winnipeg is back but not at the expense of the Thrashers. They had a great identity (at least at first, it gradually got worse as time went by) and a beautiful arena.

The more trim cut of the Reebok Edge jerseys. Yes, some of the designs were atrocious, and the curved hemline is still dumb, but as a rule, players look a lot better in uniforms that actually fit them like clothing, and not like tents.

From this...

......to this...

481792551_slide.jpg

I'm glad Winnipeg got a team back, and I'm even more thrilled they brought back the name. But I'm not glad the Thrashers are out of the league. I actually liked the color scheme, especially the purple jerseys.

I must have missed the Thrasher's "purple era."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

From this...

......to this...

481792551_slide.jpg

Powder blue is what I am assuming...

Forum blue = Purple Purple = Powder Blue.

The more trim cut of the Reebok Edge jerseys. Yes, some of the designs were atrocious, and the curved hemline is still dumb, but as a rule, players look a lot better in uniforms that actually fit them like clothing, and not like tents.

The on-ice EDGE sweaters actually went back to the pre-EDGE CCM cut shortly after the EDGE sweaters were introduced.

no... the cut is just about the only thing that stayed the same since the introduction of the EDGE system, unless me and you have different definitions of "cut."

the way the fabric is cut and shaped and stitched together has remained the same. the fabric returned to CCM-style fabric, and a lot of the players started wearing much baggier sweaters to better mimic the original "cut," but the duck-tail, collar-triangle, side-panel seems, and "western style" yokes for teams like calgary and dallas... that's the cut, and none of those were around for CCM/KOHO.

but more on topic, when the washington capitals switched their socks "upside down" a few years into the new look, that was a huge upgrade. took away the capris pants look, and gave them a real hockey look.

I've heard before that the fabric was changed back to the old fabric when they figured out the sweat-wicking material deposited all the sweat in the players' gloves. However, you can see distinctively that there are a few different fabrics in use on the jerseys on the front, back, and shoulders. Were all of those fabrics used in the past?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

no... the cut is just about the only thing that stayed the same since the introduction of the EDGE system, unless me and you have different definitions of "cut."

the way the fabric is cut and shaped and stitched together has remained the same. the fabric returned to CCM-style fabric, and a lot of the players started wearing much baggier sweaters to better mimic the original "cut," but the duck-tail, collar-triangle, side-panel seems, and "western style" yokes for teams like calgary and dallas... that's the cut, and none of those were around for CCM/KOHO.

What I mean is that the slimmer fits have gone by the wayside. On-ice sweaters are, on the whole, just as baggy now as they were prior to the EDGE intro.

From this...

......to this...

481792551_slide.jpg

Powder blue is what I am assuming...

Forum blue = Purple Purple = Powder Blue.

For some odd reason I seemed to remember them having a purple jersey. But after checking yes light blue was the color which still looked good. I'm fairly new to watching the NHL. My bad.

Archived