UPDATE: Orlando Magic Logo Concept

jshmiami96

The Orlando Magic have an incredibly stale uniform design where they've attempted to combine the past pinstriped 1990's look with a bold and modern font. It's a combination that just doesn't work. There is an insistence it seems by the team to keep that basketball with the trail as part of its identity. I attempted to clean up that element a bit and combine it in a new, perhaps more lasting way. All C&C is welcome and I'll update on any improvements worth pursuing. It's not great by any means but it's a start. Thanks guys.

screen_shot_2015-06-02_at_10.56.42_am.pnscreen_shot_2015-06-02_at_10.57.27_am.pn

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

I like where this is headed. This is a good start, however, I do agree with both comments that some cleanup of lines is needed first. The word Magic in the blue looks a little forced right now. I'm trying to think of how you can fix this, but at the moment I can't really give you a good suggestion. I'm thinking maybe align it to the right. Looking forward to see what this becomes though!

Took your guys' advice and cleaned up the basketball trail thing and changed the font. A simple blur cleaned up some of the jaggedness.

screen_shot_2015-06-02_at_7.32.41_pm.png

screen_shot_2015-06-02_at_7.25.29_pm.png

St. Joseph of Arimathea, Pray for Us

"Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God." Mt 27:54

Archived