The Late Show with Stephen Colbert logo

Waffles

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if there's a reason for the red, white, and blue. And overall, it just seems a bit bland and put together too fast.

Not terrible, but I think something else would have been a lot better.

Because Stephen Colbert is a great American.

tumblr_n86gglrnzD1tebm96o5_500.gif

tumblr_n81eoxPiqM1qek1seo1_500.gif

tumblr_n86gglrnzD1tebm96o1_400.png

tv-stephen-colbert.jpg

1365749752999.gif

stephen.colbert.eagle_.jpg

9.jpg

colbert1.jpg

10COMEDY2-blog427.jpg

usa_pants_16.jpg

Wouldn't distancing him from the character he played on Comedy Central be a reason to stay away from red, white, and blue, though? Or would it not really matter all that much?

IUe6Hvh.png

Is that Bodoni? CBS used to use a lot of Bodoni.

I think it's modified Didot. Didot is very similar to Bodoni, and was the CBS font of choice in the 50s, but the capital W is definitely Didot.

The lowercase t's have been changed, the indentations in the tops of their ascenders aren't usually that angled.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Wouldn't distancing him from the character he played on Comedy Central be a reason to stay away from red, white, and blue, though? Or would it not really matter all that much?

why would they distance themselves from a huge success?

Because Stephen himself is really nothing like his character and I have to imagine the show will be nothing like the Report. I'm not sure it matters either, but people who watched Letterman regularly are, in regards to age and probably political affiliation, quite different from what Colbert's last show attracted.

IUe6Hvh.png

Because Stephen himself is really nothing like his character and I have to imagine the show will be nothing like the Report. I'm not sure it matters either, but people who watched Letterman regularly are, in regards to age and probably political affiliation, quite different from what Colbert's last show attracted.

hence why CBS picked Colbert. They needed someone who could compete against Fallon/NBC for the attention of Millennials in late night. I've got a feeling the Baby Boomer generation will be in a bit of shock over their late night options.

It's at least possible (though perhaps unlikely) that this won't be the "debut" logo. With "The Late Late Show with James Corden," up until about a week before the show debuted they had used a red, white and black color scheme and logo, but switched it to the "neon" scheme they ultimately employed. That could be the case here as well, given that part of the renovation of the Ed Sullivan Theater includes a complete rebuilding of its marquee to accommodate what a CBS staffer described as "bells, whistles, and digital gadgets."

nav-logo.png

hence why CBS picked Colbert. They needed someone who could compete against Fallon/NBC for the attention of Millennials in late night. I've got a feeling the Baby Boomer generation will be in a bit of shock over their late night options.

Exactly. Late night show now-a-days seems to be just as much about drawing people to watch clips of the show on YouTube as it is about getting them to actually tune in and watch live -- I'm not sure how well Letterman's show really delivered there (I liked Dave, but never watched any clips of his).

I'm hoping you're right Mac. I hope they go with something else.

IUe6Hvh.png

Damn, I just lost a post that was going to be good!

So instead I will just say this....

At this moment this is Late Night hierarchy is this.

Conan O'Brien

Jimmy Kimmel

Carson Daly

Jimmy Fallon

Seth Meyers

James Courdon

Stephen Colbert

packchampionslfroh.png

Conan O'Brien

Jimmy Kimmel

Carson Daly

Jimmy Fallon

Seth Meyers

James Courdon

Stephen Colbert

Carson Daly doesn't even qualify at this point. Since he went to the Today Show, he basically does an opening and closing segment on his show and the rest is just prerecorded interviews of various musicians or people in the entertainment industry.

I prefer Courdon's show to Seth Meyes -- Courdon's format, interviewing all of the guests at the same time, is different and I like it.

As far as Conan/Kimmel/Fallon -- I like all three of them about equally. I probably watch Fallon's show most, though. Fallon gets the best ratings, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Conan O'Brien

Jimmy Kimmel

Carson Daly

Jimmy Fallon

Seth Meyers

James Courdon

Stephen Colbert

Carson Daly doesn't even qualify at this point. Since he went to the Today Show, he basically does an opening and closing segment on his show and the rest is just prerecorded interviews of various musicians or people in the entertainment industry.

I prefer Courdon's show to Seth Meyes -- Courdon's format, interviewing all of the guests at the same time, is different and I like it.

As far as Conan/Kimmel/Fallon -- I like all three of them about equally. I probably watch Fallon's show most, though. Fallon gets the best ratings, though.

Yeah I know, I was hesitant to put Daly on the list in the first place. I did it chronology, and since his "show" is still on the air he's in by default.

As far as the rest, I'm in the same boat. Thanks to DVR and the Net I can enjoy all three! Conan will always be my number 1, Jimmy is a very close second though. And yeah I like Courdons interview style too, he musta picked that up from Graham Norton.

packchampionslfroh.png

Conan O'Brien

Jimmy Kimmel

Carson Daly

Jimmy Fallon

Seth Meyers

James Courdon

Stephen Colbert

Ratings wise.. Fallon is king

Archived