The Late Show with Stephen Colbert logo

Waffles

Anyone else feeling a 90's vibe with that?

That was my first thought. I get a 90s daytime vibe off it. Despite the fact that it says "Late Show", design-wise it looks like the logo for a show that would come on between Maury and Ricki Lake circa 1998.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The temporary Ed Sullivan Theater marquee lol

CJPEj9jWwAAkvxI.jpg

Yes, don't miss Angelo's. I went there with my family back in November and it was goooood.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005Â Â đŸ™ƒ

• 5 weeks later...

At this moment this is Late Night hierarchy is this.

Conan O'Brien

Jimmy Kimmel

Carson Daly

Jimmy Fallon

Seth Meyers

James Courdon

Stephen Colbert

Carson Daly actually predates Jimmy Kimmel in late night. Last Call with Carson Daly debuted in January of 2002. Jimmy Kimmel Live! has been on the air since January of 2003.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who designs in the signage industry, that marquee has one hell of an illumination. I can't imagine the number of LEDs and bulbs required to light the thing the way they have.

The "Colbert" blade is pretty amazing as well. All around fantastic work.

Damn, I just lost a post that was going to be good!

So instead I will just say this....

At this moment this is Late Night hierarchy is this.

Conan O'Brien

Jimmy Kimmel

Carson Daly

Jimmy Fallon

Seth Meyers

James Courdon

Stephen Colbert

Ratings wise.. Fallon is king

Jay Leno was 'king' when it came to ratings, too. Now he's an feint apparition while Letterman is talked about as the legend. Colbert doesn't have to win in ratings against Fallon to be successful anyway - just get decent numbers.

And now... this...

11890403_10155888936485562_6320158182249

The desk position is at the LEFT of the stage, where Paul Shaffer and the CBS Orchestra played, while Jon Batiste and his band will play stage right. This the result of a meeting between Letterman and Colbert in which Dave suggested it to Stephen as a way of "making the show his own."

nav-logo.png

Yeah, that front marquee has to be incomplete as it reads 'The Late Show With'.

Love that desk & backdrop. It has some flavour of The Colbert Report, & the lighting effects add a night time feel.

Another pic of the set, taken from a 'test show' taping that just concluded...

11923625_10206900756024645_4707231395158

The "with" in the marquee is intentional, and the marquee is complete. It's a bit of an inside gag as to why it's there, but it's deliberate.

nav-logo.png

Yeah, that front marquee has to be incomplete as it reads 'The Late Show With'.

Love that desk & backdrop. It has some flavour of The Colbert Report, & the lighting effects add a night time feel.

The "with" in the marquee is intentional, and the marquee is complete. It's a bit of an inside gag as to why it's there, but it's deliberate.

Alrighty sir/ma'am.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived