iamdaviinci

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/06/2015 at 8:25 PM, Hoopladawg87 said:

Both 10s

Thanks, timberwolf!

The Chicago Bulls ones are cool, but I doubt they'd change to these.

I definitely agree with you, especially given how unique and iconic their current design is. 

Like the uniform except the spears down the side. I'd add the cable cars around the back numbers like the San Francisco Warriors used to have. I don't think any Native American themed designs would be allowed by the NBA.

Those are what the Hornets should wear.

Your comment regarding the Native American pattern brings up an interesting point....with all the sensitivity surrounding the Washington Redskins situation, I'd be inclined to believe the NBA would err on the side of caution and avoid it altogether. As for the cable cars, I definitely wouldn't mind incorporating them into an alternate!

I'm excited to see the cavs, every one of these looks great.

Thanks! I wanted to have the Cavs drafted in time to post while The Finals were still going on, but I'm too late. Eventually they'll be completed, though!

For the Bulls you could fill up more space on the shorts by making the stars larger and stacking them on top of each other vertically.  I really like the hardwood pattern for Boston (especially the green one), but I sense that there are too many patterns filling side panels.

Thanks for the comments! The city of Chicago's flag contains the four stars horizontally, so I'd be hesitant to rearrange that element in a vertical fashion. I'm also bothered by lack of continuity between the side panels on jerseys and shorts, but I'm not sure stars up and down the entire side paneling is a look I'd consider appropriate for the Bulls.

As for the several sublimated side patterns on these concepts, I have a trio of reasons: 1) certain patterns and designs tie into a team's and/or a city's identity much more effectively than does generic striping; 2) Using a Nike template with the speculation and now recent confirmation of Nike taking over as the NBA's new apparel outfitter starting with the 2017/18 season, I want to incorporate a new, almost signature feel to these concepts - many of Nike's college basketball uniforms contain subtle graphics on jerseys and/or shorts, so the side panels allow for similar implementation within the somewhat limited confines of the basketball uniform as a canvas; 3) In an effort to create unique and original concepts, I've worked primarily with teams for which I've been able to identify patterns and designs unique to their team's and/or city's identity - I have almost two dozen teams remaining, for most of which I have relatively few unique design elements in comparison to the teams that have already been posted.

I feel like the parquet has it's place on an alternate uniform, but I think it feels forced on the mains. Just a heads up, I would stray from the gray on the home, Celtics fans as a whole were extremely disappointed with the alternate that was rolled out this year. If you're dead set against a sleeve trim, I would suggest making the stripes going down the sides wider and removing the parquet all together. 

I think a St. Patty's day alternate with the same layout as the away, but replacing the green inside the white collar and stripes with gold, as well as rplacing the parquet pattern's color with gold.

Just my $0.02, otherwise, I really appreciate attempting to keep the integrity of the history.

You make a very good point regarding the parquet pattern being more appropriately placed on an alternate uniform, and that's exactly how I originally envisioned it....several months ago I worked on a green and gold St. Patty's Day alternate for them with parquet patterned side panels, and within the current norm for uniforms it's certainly more fitting on there as opposed to on primary uniforms. The parquet pattern on the home uniform is intended to be more of a white sublimated pattern, so I'll be adjusting that to make it appear less gray - those gray "City Pride" alternates are absolutely abysmal.

I feel like the parquet has it's place on an alternate uniform, but I think it feels forced on the mains. Just a heads up, I would stray from the gray on the home, Celtics fans as a whole were extremely disappointed with the alternate that was rolled out this year. If you're dead set against a sleeve trim, I would suggest making the stripes going down the sides wider and removing the parquet all together. 

Or how about making the gray parquet element on the home white jersey green instead, and make the green stripe white (or gray). Since there's no front view of the shorts, I'm wondering if you are keeping the shamrock logo in the middle of the waistband or not.

Also, I wonder how a white Team Jordan logo would look on the Bulls uniform.  And I actually preferred the Hornets jersey before you changed the colors of the stripes.  It's not the colors that's bugging me, it's the fact that it's more symmetrical (the two purple lines down the middle).  The fact that the stripes are asymmetrical have become more endearing.  It doesn't have to be green, but less color symmetry looks odd but right.  (All of this is just my opinion.)

Oh, and the Pacers.  The word "PACERS" seems too spread out for me.  I know if you tighten the space between the letters it will create too much blank space on both sides of the word, but I think it might look better.  Or not.  Won't know until I see it :)

Thick green stripes on the Celtics' home uniform may be a little too radical of a change to their traditional look for my tastes, but I'll have to reserve final judgment until I can create and evaluate a visual. I also really like your suggestion regarding the Hornets' pinstripes, as the asymmetrical color balance with the updated color palette may provide the perfect balance of nostalgia and modernity....another look I'll have to create and evaluate before making a decision. I originally had the 'PACERS' more spaced out, but later edited the post with a version with reduced spacing to reflect that of the 'INDIANA' wordmark on the away uniform. I'm not sure which version(s) you've seen, but below are the original and revised versions....please let me know your thoughts!

Original

Fckpg7F.jpg

Revised

Om8BeQ4.jpg

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions, everybody! I've been out of town the past few days, but I've finished drafting uniform concepts for the reborn Seattle Supersonics. They return to the Gary Payton & Shawn Kemp-era color palette, with the jersey arches being leveled out and a sublimated sonic wave pattern outlining the Space Needle being applied to the side panels of the shorts. 

Seattle Supersonics Home Uniform

KRvOTpF.jpg

Seattle Supersonics Away Uniform

bIfr3Ic.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Amazing Sonics Jerseys. Anyway you could share the stuff required to use them on 2k16 and create them?

Thanks for the responses, all! I've been busy with some things all fall and winter, but I'm looking forward to getting back into this series come spring....I'll be adding teams I have yet to complete as well as redoing all of the previously completed teams to include logos on uniforms. Updates will be posted in this thread!

KostasLiopetas - Not sure what is required to upload to 2K, but please feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll do my best to help!

• 11 months later...

This thread is a year or two old, but I finally had some time and ideas to work with and develop a new uniform concept for the Oklahoma City Thunder. This has been a rough idea I've had in mind for quite a while - well before Kevin Durant left to sign with the Golden State Warriors - which makes this ironic, if unlikely, to ever happen because it's essentially a repurposing of the Warriors' late '90s/early '00s identity. Regardless, the Thunder have needed new uniforms and branding since they moved to Oklahoma City, and with (one of) their franchise cornerstone(s) having left, this is an perfect time for a fresh visual identity.

The Warriors' old identity never really made much sense for their organization, but the color scheme is vibrant and the lightning bolt imagery fits well with the Thunder. Additionally, the Thunder's uniforms have always had a similar, if not the exact same, neckline design as those old Warriors' uniforms. As a result, that element was retained, the lightning bolt imagery was updated, and the traditional OKC color scheme was tweaked while the font, logos, etc. were overhauled.

I've been working on a new template for the new Nike Vapor basketball uniforms, and while it's not exact, it's at least a detailed start. I have it in .PSD format and am willing to share it, but all I ask is that if you request it you share some of your concepts -- we need more NBA activity on the concepts boards especially considering the upcoming switch to Nike, and if we can criticize Adidas on the sports logos boards then we can get to work and create something better!

Anyways, the results of my repurposing experiment are below....any and all comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated!

Oklahoma City Thunder Home Uniform

yrWqXUL.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder Away Uniform

1UuTDPn.jpg

Thanks for looking!

On 1/11/2017 at 1:39 AM, Berlin Wall said:

I'd make the numbers and the Thunder script on the away uniform white. Other than that it's perfect. I would love to see the old Warriors identity back for OKC!

I apreciate the input -- I'll have to give that a try and see how it looks! I originally made the wordmarks and numbers gold with navy blue and orange outlines a la the Warriors' uniforms, but it wasn't conducive to incorporating the light blue. We'll see what the white, or maybe light blue now that I think about it, looks like.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:44 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Nicely done.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, terminatahx said:

Oustanding work!  Do you have a psd?

Please message me your e-mail address and I will send it over.

17 hours ago, lbj273 said:

I love the idea with the Thunder uniforms.  How would the away look in orange rather than navy?

Thanks for this! I followed your suggestion with the orange alternate, and did a light blue alternate as well. I kind of like how both of then turned out.

Oklahoma City Thunder Alternate Uniform 1

Cpn6P3i.jpg

Okahoma City Thunder Alternate Uniform 2

MIMQO7h.jpg

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

This is some really stunning work, although one suggestion I would make is to adjust the lighter blue color to be a little more subdued because as of now it's a little too bright IMO in comparison with the other colors. Otherwise, I think you've nailed this. I too would greatly appreciate a .psd of this template if you are willing to share it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Thanks for this! I followed your suggestion with the orange alternate, and did a light blue alternate as well. I kind of like how both of then turned out.

Cpn6P3i.jpg

MIMQO7h.jpg

You don't need feedback..you need a Job in the rebrand department for OKC!! These uniforms are GORGEOUS!! 

shado_logo.gif

On 1/13/2017 at 4:18 PM, lbj273 said:

Those both turned out fantastic.  All 4 uniforms are a huge improvement on the OKC identity

Thanks a lot!

On 1/13/2017 at 4:51 PM, upperV03 said:

This is some really stunning work, although one suggestion I would make is to adjust the lighter blue color to be a little more subdued because as of now it's a little too bright IMO in comparison with the other colors. Otherwise, I think you've nailed this. I too would greatly appreciate a .psd of this template if you are willing to share it.

That's a good suggestion -- every time I look at it now I flip back and forth. I was using the light blue from the old Warriors identity, but now I'm curious as to how things would look if I replaced it with OKC's current shade of blue. Time to experiment!

On 1/13/2017 at 10:58 PM, Shadojoker said:

You don't need feedback..you need a Job in the rebrand department for OKC!! These uniforms are GORGEOUS!! 

I really appreciate it! Working with a team or the League on any sort of a rebranding project is definitely the dream!

On 1/13/2017 at 6:44 AM, Hoopladawg87 said:

Cpn6P3i.jpg

MIMQO7h.jpg

I'm in the camp that feels OKC should change its color scheme, but these are great - SO much better than what they have now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2017 at 9:00 AM, bucknut42 said:

WOW. That OKC set is perfect. Amazing work redoing what they have now. This series has been great to follow, and it's great to see that's it back up and running! 

Thanks! I'm trying to get this series back up and running more consistently, but for now progress is mostly on/off.

On 1/16/2017 at 9:44 PM, CLEstones said:

Great, clean work.  Any have this template for Photoshop?

I appreciate the comment! Please PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you my most up-to-date .PSD file of the blank template.

On 1/16/2017 at 10:52 PM, MCM0313 said:

I'm in the camp that feels OKC should change its color scheme, but these are great - SO much better than what they have now.

Thanks a lot! Their identity is definitely a disaster....I'm hoping with the upcoming switch to Nike they get a complete overhaul in terms of colors, uniforms, logos, etc. Not much worth keeping their in my opinion.

On 1/16/2017 at 11:19 PM, RALPH ELECO said:

Do you have a psd?

PM sent!

Archived