Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

I am gonna be working on a soccer league made up of the best players in the world, with teams being based on their zodiac signs. A friend of mine gave me the idea today and I figured I'd go for it!

They had a Zodiac League in PES 6, with teams like Scorpio FC Unknown.png

I play FIFA so I wouldn't know hahah

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Much like the Toronto Raptors are going to have a "Drake" alternate, I think someone should give the Blue Jays the same treatment. Hell, they could even do one for the Argonauts & Maple Leafs

NOT THE LEAFS!!
  • Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'v actually already made a leafs "drake night" jersey but i couldn't post it on HJC because of there logo policy. I was planning to make a whole Music/NHL crossover series but it didn't pan out. My plan was to have popular music groups have a hockey jersey that was on the template of the team that's in the same city the band was from, like drake/leafs or Metallica/Kings (even though they like SJ better) but if someone else wanted to do this i'd love to see it work

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post fantasy/concept football uniforms and logos for your opinion. If it isn't please point me in the right direction. What do you think of this?

Crusaders-UniformCC.jpg

Yea this isn't the right place. This should be in its own thread. Not bad though.

I'v actually already made a leafs "drake night" jersey but i couldn't post it on HJC because of there logo policy. I was planning to make a whole Music/NHL crossover series but it didn't pan out. My plan was to have popular music groups have a hockey jersey that was on the template of the team that's in the same city the band was from, like drake/leafs or Metallica/Kings (even though they like SJ better) but if someone else wanted to do this i'd love to see it work

On HJC you can use whichever image as long as you cite the creator/source

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I can't believe I just found this out, because I'm a fan of Kerouac, especially his haiku, but apparently he was big into fantasy sports all the way back in the 50s-60s. And the Kerouac archive at the Berg Collection of the New York Public Library held an exhibit of a bunch of documents from his archive in 2007-08, including some of his work for a fantasy baseball league he created as well as a fantasy horse racing circuit.

I'd love to see someone take a swing (sorry) at a concept series for his fantasy baseball league. From what I gathered from that slideshow I linked to, it seems like there were 8 teams in a given season (o, the pre-expansion era), including the 6 pictured here:

keroslide8.jpg

keroslide9.jpg

the Buicks, La Salles, and Nashes:

keroslide3.jpg

as well as the unpictured (but mentioned) Boston Grays and Cincinnati Blacks.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I know I'm never gonna finish this league so I might as well post it here so if anyone is interested they can use it. I started to fabricate an island league of whichever sport. Each team is from an island (one per country, exception: USA) and they are named after history of the island while making sure that no professional league name carries over. 2 conferences (East and West) of 30 teams each will battle it out for the championships in London, England. 32 teams make the playoffs (top 16 from each conference). Here are the teams with the host cities ranked in order of population:

East:

Honshu Cranes - Tokyo, Japan

Salsette Elepahnts - Mumbai, India

Java Dragons/Komodos - Jakarta, Indonesia

Taiwan Typhoons - Taipei, Taiwan

Singapore Bats - Singapore, Singapore

Luzon Vampires - Quezon City, Philippines

Hainan Catfish - Haikou, China

Madagascar Lemurs - Anatananarivo, Madagascar

North Island Emus - Auckland, New Zealand

Mombasa Cheetahs - Mombasa, Kenya

Borneo Orangutans - Kuching, Malaysia

Abu Dhabi Circuit - Abu Dhabi, UAE

Sri Lanka Falls - Colombo, Sri Lanka

Jeju (Wood)Peckers - Jeju City, South Korea

New Guinea Cassowaries - Port Morseby, Papua New Guinea

Tasmania Devils (as in Tasmanian devils) - Hobart, Australia

Unguja Giraffes - Zanzibar City, Tanzania

Vasilyevsky Island Ursas - Saint Petersburg, Russia

Timor Crocs - Dili, East Timor

Bahrain Bees - Manama, Bahrain

Mauritius Dodos - Port Louis, Mauritius

Réunion Imperials - Saint-Denis, France

Tahiti Fletchers - Papeete, Tahiti

Malé Tuna - Malé, Maldives

Bhola Emperors - Bhola, Bangladesh

Grande Terre Caledonians - Nouméa, New Caledonia

Viti Levu Beetles - Nasinu, Fiji

Phuket Flutters (butterflies) - Phuket, Thailand

West:

Long Island Moneymakers - New York City, NY, USA

Great Britain Smog - London, England

Cuba Hummingbirds - Havana, Cuba

Ilha de Sao Luis Macaws - Sao Luis, Brazil

Hispaniola Trogons - Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Jamaica Tide - Kingston, Jamaica

Sicily Eruption - Palermo, Italy

IJsselmonde Ships - Rotterdam, Netherlands

Zealand Atomics - Copenhagen, Denmark

Ireland Clovers - Dublin, Ireland

Majorca Spiders - Palma, Spain

Puerto Rico Conquistadors - San Juan, Puerto Rico

Oahu Tikis - Honolulu, HI, USA

Barbados Tridents - Bridgetown, Barbados

New Providence Explorers - Nassau, Bahamas

Lagos Island Drillers - Lagos, Nigeria

Bioko Apes - Malabo, Equitorial Guinea

Crete Ice Gods - Heraklion, Greece

Carmen Fishermen - Ciudad del Carmen, Mexico

Curacao Cacti - Willemstad, Curacao

Hisingen Flock (as in "of Ravens") - Gothenburg, Sweden

Santiago Corsairs - Praia, Cape Verde

Iceland Elves - Reykjavik, Iceland

Madeira, Roosters (as in "of Barcelos) - Funchal, Portugal

Newfoundland Hounds - St. John's, NL, Canada

Cyprus Lionhearts - Limassol, Cyprus

Isla Margarita Rabbits - Porlamar, Venezuela

Trinidad Ibis - Chaguanas, Trinidad and Tobago

Saint Lucia Pitons - Castries, Saint Lucia

Djerba Lotus - Houmt-Souk, Tunisia

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

What about Rebooting the NFL Europe League and a NFL Canada League with the same exact rules as the NFL and the 2 champions of those leagues go on to play in the NFL for a year Instead of expanding the NFL it would be 2 new cities and teams in the NFL every year. Its just an idea in progress that i haven't finished yet but thought maybe someone else might be interested and could help me finish or give me some more ideas.

• Like 1

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

Someone please consider redoing NY Cosmos. Classic club, tacky logo, but has a ton of potential. I'll do it once I finish my current projects if no one else does but that could be a while.

There are some different logos of NY Cosmos made by others already

Alamo%2BBowl_sig.png

Liberty Bowl_sig.png

FEAR THE FROG! LET'S GO TCU!!

What about Rebooting the NFL Europe League and a NFL Canada League with the same exact rules as the NFL and the 2 champions of those leagues go on to play in the NFL for a year Instead of expanding the NFL it would be 2 new cities and teams in the NFL every year. Its just an idea in progress that i haven't finished yet but thought maybe someone else might be interested and could help me finish or give me some more ideas.

I have an idea for this, the two worst NFL teams of the year go to this league so it's like a cycle

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One I thought of, not sure if it's been mentioned....

Someone could do a soccer-Nascar crossover, or vice versa. That'd be an interesting series.

I actually have a couple as just a personal Motorsports to soccer deal. After I'm through with the xfl (plus a side project) I might post those
I will be makin soccer players on race cars, with team kits inspiring the cars, to be "driven" by the soccer players

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png