Concept Thread Think Tank

raysox

2 hours ago, NoE38 said:

That looks like a great start! What about field markings?

Here are some rough diagrams.

First, outdoor...

DMnjk35VwAAuhTO.jpg:large

And indoor...

DMnjp45V4AAgnLX.jpg:large

Once we agree on the markings, then we can figure out where logos and advertising can go.

2 hours ago, Darknes said:

If I can chime in, I like the look of the Indoor more than the outdoor. Just seems like it'd fit better.

Maybe for outdoor we can nix the rebound nets and just have one big net between the stands and the field. Whaddaya say?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Atomic pinned this topic

I feel like someone has done something similar before, but what about an NFL series where no helmets, jerseys, pants, or socks can be black or navy?

Also, I have several ideas for teams and people from a fictional football league.

Also-also, what about a fictional football league where design is stuck in 1995?

I'm up for collaboration on any of these.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have a few ideas. First, the one I'm leaning to, and a forum I started before I revamped the jerseys recently, a U.S Cricket League dating back to the 1850's. Second, a mix of International Football (Gaelic and Australian) and Rugby

Big Baller Brand is successful

Guest darkpiranha

(posting this here to remind me to do it later if no one else has already done it)

Two "What If" design series.

1) What if all NFL helmets had to follow the Eagles and Vikings templates where something to do with the logo or brand has to look like it's attached to the sides of the helmet?

2) What if the Vancouver Canucks' V-Jersey in early 80's was a huge hit and every other team followed suit?

• 2 weeks later...

I have this idea for some time and would love some opinions about it:

It's an alternate universe type of series about "soccer" in the US. In this universe, "soccer" is the english word for Futsal. The NASL was founded in the early 60's (in real life it was 1968) as a futsal league, with similar rules as the ones we have today. The league would evolve over the years, and the sport would be as popular as today's NBA. It would be cool to test some rules concepts like, for example, a hockey style offside line.

Design-wise the uniforms would be more "american" style in the sense of wordmarks over actual badges and stuff like that. Also, courts would evolve in the same sense as basketball courts have, with use of colors and patterns (even ads on the sidelines in the more recent ones). For the teams, I would probably use some of the original NASL and MLS identities, with some tweaks of course. 

If I end up doing it (I have some stuff sketched out already) I'm not even sure if it would be a "fan fiction" type of series (not really planning on simulating results and stuff like that) or just do the uniforms and teams from each era.

• Like 1

Has anyone thought of the idea of an "Inhabitable Antarctica" league? The idea is that you imagine that by some physical difference, Antarctica is inhabitable. Either create cities or make the modern research stations the cities. The thing I'm concerned about is that one might need a full alternate history for this. If someone wants to take this on, I can even provide you with that. I can even provide the cities and the names. I can provide everything but the logos and jerseys. I don't know what sport, but probably hockey because I think Antarctica would be inhabitable, but still somewhat cold. (I imagine most of it would be like Canada, with cold winters and temperate summers.) I'm envisioning a unified former British colony, like USA, Canada, and Australia (because the British conquered everything). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, gwl144 said:

Has anyone thought of the idea of an "Inhabitable Antarctica" league? The idea is that you imagine that by some physical difference, Antarctica is inhabitable. Either create cities or make the modern research stations the cities. The thing I'm concerned about is that one might need a full alternate history for this. If someone wants to take this on, I can even provide you with that. I can even provide the cities and the names. I can provide everything but the logos and jerseys. I don't know what sport, but probably hockey because I think Antarctica would be inhabitable, but still somewhat cold. (I imagine most of it would be like Canada, with cold winters and temperate summers.) I'm envisioning a unified former British colony, like USA, Canada, and Australia (because the British conquered everything). 

Funny that you posted that because I was trying to think of a league idea for PES 2019 and this is one of the ideas I had since they added snow into the game. Obviously it would be fictional or could be like a week long tournament only like they play in Greenland. Other semi realistic idea I had thought of so far is a U.S country club league or cup. Since it involves the richest of the rich they start paying former players to be ringers for their teams. I also thought of a futuristic Mars or Moon league but I like to keep it somewhat realistic usually. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking of a semi-pro football league to be a streamed league through both YouTube and a streaming service. 

The story I've crafted in my head is that of a young entrepreneur fed up with the rules in the NFL, the lack of proper safety concerns for players, and a strong feeling that the entire league has lost any sense of sportsmanship. This young man is named Bryce Ganett, fresh out of Kelly School of Business grad school at IU and former football player for the Hoosiers. He, like many former players, loves the game and wanted to continue to play, however he knew his playing days were behind him. While in school he had worked towards a sports management degree with an intent to help fix the broken professional leagues in the USA. However, he soon realized that this task was impossible. So a vision began to form in his mind, and it was a footbal league that competes in the spring with semi-pro talent, at first. Bryce understands that a league isn't created overnight, nor could a start up league ever compete with the NFL. So it wouldn't.

So, the United Associations of Football (UAF) was born.

If anyone is interested, I'm looking for an artist to work with for the project. I'm good at crafting a story, but I can't create art to save my life. I have a timeline in place and cities/team name ideas ready. If anyone would like to work together, you can dm for info. I'd really like to work on this, so please, consider working me.

• Like 2

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

• 4 months later...

Alien Baseball or Football League. 

We have the Solar League, but this would be more different types of aliens from other worlds, like in sci-fi movies.  Wild colors mixed with silvers and blacks, example black and neon green or slate and tech/light blue.  Fonts for logos and uniforms would somehow be like alien languages but still be readable in English. 

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Alien Baseball or Football League. 

We have the Solar League, but this would be more different types of aliens from other worlds, like in sci-fi movies.  Wild colors mixed with silvers and blacks, example black and neon green or slate and tech/light blue.  Fonts for logos and uniforms would somehow be like alien languages but still be readable in English. 

A Mass Effect League with all sorts of teams by the various Races/Factions in the series?

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg