what i think clippers new logo should've been like

QThaGAWD

Hey guys :welcome: as you all know the clippers are going with a new logo and overall redesign of the team.

i decided to take what they had and just add one thing to it, and that one thing was a tie in to the teams name of Clippers.

i like roundel logos and i hope the entire NBA goes to or in some cases back to them that for all teams.

the clippers new logo was missing the identity of the team so i i darkened the blue and lightened the red, removed the "LAC" and added an anchor to the center of the basketball logo and for a secondary logo i turned the ball on its and add a clipper and "LA" logo to the center and i really want to know what everyone thinks so without further ado...

LA%20ClIPS_zpsmbakg5nv.png

C&C always welcomed.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Too realistic. Remove the rope around the anchor and simplify the boat.

i was thinking the same with the boat but the rope on the anchor gives it more of a great look and not just like flat clip art like the real logo

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

i was thinking the same with the boat but the rope on the anchor gives it more of a great look and not just like flat clip art like the real logo

Then maybe cut the detail down a bit with the rope

2lx6s6o.jpg

Then maybe cut the detail down a bit with the rope

ill see if i can without it looking too under done. thank you for your suggestion when i finished the edits ill post asap

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I would echo everything said C&C wise. Lessen detail on the boat, maybe remove the "LA" on the secondary or try to condense the team name and city into a roundel. Great start. It's always good to throw everything on the canvas and then simplify and smooth out. I like the direction of the navy. Maybe throw a tertiary color in?

I would echo everything said C&C wise. Lessen detail on the boat, maybe remove the "LA" on the secondary or try to condense the team name and city into a roundel. Great start. It's always good to throw everything on the canvas and then simplify and smooth out. I like the direction of the navy. Maybe throw a tertiary color in?

well, actually there are 3 colors already, black counts as a color in this instance but i was thinking of adding a bright orange along with the red i have to signify the sunny skies and weather in LA and as for the little 'LA' inside the secondary logo was starting to look a little crammed to me so i was going to move or just completely remove it but im not sure yet...

thank you for your inputs.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I think this looks great but I agree, maybe cut down on the detail a bit. It looks great though :D

thanks, i have cut down the detail and completely replaced both the anchor and ship although im not very found of the ship i used its more simple but it works for now. look for an update in the next few minutes :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

ok so i took what you guys said and tried to make those changes. i changed out the anchor and ship i also added orange and yellow around the original design to represent the sunny weather in LA . and i also made a design with the anchor cut in half and put in on either ends of the primary to give it an ocean buoy look.

more feedback would be great! :D

clips3_zps13wba7fc.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I think you should create your own logos, opposed to just getting clip art and putting them in the new basketball. These designs have potential, and if you created your own logos from scratch, I feel like this could work better. The logos don't seem to flow right now.

spacer.png

I'm just going to guess here, you got the anchor and clipper logos from the Internet. They look too clip art-like

you are correct, im only fleshing out ideas but im settled on the design and im going to try and come up with something unique or at least something that hasnt been done much with either design (anchor and clipper)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

The clip art is very easy to spot and will always bring down the level of your concept no matter how good the idea is. I suggest staying with red, white, and navy. The yellow is not working. Also I am getting a 1970s vibe from the logo which doesn't match the modern font.

I would stop using "ship silhouettes" and "anchor logo" off of Google images and try making your own. It'll be worth it!

Pretty much this. Though every concept you've come up with is still better than the logo they're using.

I would stop using "ship silhouettes" and "anchor logo" off of Google images and try making your own. It'll be worth it!

Pretty much this. Though every concept you've come up with is still better than the logo they're using.

thanks for the complement i appreciate it, but as for the clipart its hard to draw the shapes i need to make an anchor when im using a track pad and laptop and not a mouse or a professional drawing tool for a pc. so i dont like to put my own particular shape of an anchor because then it just starts looking like bad clipart as apposed to good ones in my designs.

im sorry that not everyone likes the clipart i am working on my own as i type this and its gonna be a while before i post an 'update' to this , thank you for all your C&C.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I do all my graphic work with a touchpad on a laptop, I don't have a mouse. I do this by choice, it feels more organic, and as my training is as an artist, not a designer, it works for me.

But I think I do okay with that. And the reason is years of practice. Take your time to learn your program, not as a means to figuring out how to make a particular logo, but as an end in itself. Then you'll unlock the ability to create a lot more than just one logo.

rATMcmK.png

hello i have come up with a design for the anchor (it still needs work) but i slapped it onto a logo and wanted to get opinions on it. and as for the logo i changed the font slightly and i moved the clippers from above the logo to underneath 'los angeles' at the bottom and added an underline i just hope it doesnt look cluttered so please tell me what you think.

sketch 1&2 of the anchor:

anchor%20sketch_zpso240vfnw.png

anchor%20sketch2_zps3jla85uv.png

first draft of the logo fleshed out:

clipper%20test2_zpszskeuvle.png

thank you for looking! :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Archived