World Cup Soccer Concept

It’s been awhile since I have posted anything on the concepts forum but I am back. So for those of you that don’t know, most of you, I am 17 and have been doing graphic design for almost 3 years. I did a quite successful rendition of what American football would look like in the Olympics.

I haven’t posted in awhile because of school and other commitments but besides that I have never really had the drive to fully finish a concept or project… they usually just fade away and I have no desire to go back… but not this time! I actually finished my first full concept, 24 teams and all.

Anyways its World Cup Soccer concept but all of the countries are made up. Its 24 countries that are separated into 6 groups of 4. There are group preliminaries before the standard playoff bracket, the preliminaries are held by one of the countries in the group. Each team in the group will play every other team in the group once. Then the best team out of every group is sent into a play down of 8. But what about the missing two teams? Well the committee of the World Cup Federation then decides which two teams showed the potential to compete in the 8 team play down, also known as the wild cards. The play down of 8 is randomly selected and they go from there till there is a winner. Pretty simple.

I tried to keep the crest pretty consistent and straight forward, I am kind of a minimalist when it comes to crests. Although this is seen as very poor and inexperience, I did use a decent amount of images and silhouettes from Google images… I know it’s the cardinal sin to graphic design but I really wanted to focus on the uniforms and less of the details in the crest which still look good. If there is the piece of crest that I didn’t pull off of Google or someone else’s work I will try to give you recognition for your work.

Each team has a home uniform that is some color other than white, usually a darker color. The home uniform is called the pride uniform since they don’t use the traditional crest on their jersey but instead use a symbol significant to their country or people to show their countries pride while at home. The away uniform uses the traditional crest on the jersey and is usually white, or some light color. The away uniform uses the traditional crest to show the countries legitimacy when playing away. Every uniform has a World Cup patch, which changes every world cup, on the left arm. The right arm doesn’t have this patch since this is the place for a captain’s band, if you are a captain.

The jerseys below are the jerseys for the All-Star Game, which is held after all of the games are over. The team on top in the black is the team that represents that World Cup and the white team is the team that represents the World Cup Federation. They split these teams randomly. The crest/logo on the bottom is the World Cup Federation logo, you’ll notice the Latin phrase wrapped on the bottom side of the “sphere”, it means “Through difficulties to greatness” and the “sphere” is supposed to represent the world… The crest/logo on the top is the World Cup logo for this year’s competition. Yes, I know it is boring but I didn’t want it to distract the viewer from the team’s uniforms when it is patched on the left arm.

To start off the concept below is the All-Star Game uniforms, which I explained above. I am going to start off with 3 of the uniforms to sort of “hook” the viewers but from there on I will post them by their group and will try to post one a day but may have miss a few days here and there. The 3 starting uniforms will be posted below.

Also HUGE thanks to Raysox for the template. Also I really enjoy your concepts so I hope you don't mind but I used your posting format since mine was pretty unattractive, sort of dedicating this one to you!

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20All%2

Enjoy!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still won't let me copy and paste the uniforms into the post so here are the links to the first three:

First off is Belper, they're in Group F. Belper has not been very successful of late, when they were in their peak they were consistently making it to the playoffs and competing. Unfortunately, they have never won a World Cup. They wear a classic maroonish and white striped puma pride uniform, and a clash off of AC Roma's uniform for their away uniform, which has a maroon and yellow/gold sash.

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Belpe

Next is The Dukes, they're in Group C. One of the smallest nations in the World Cup but that doesnt mean they arent one of the best. In the last 15 World Cups The Dukes have won 3 championships which have been transferred into the crest.

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Dukes

Finally for today is Milano, "the kings of the World Cup", they're in Group E. Milano is the biggest country and arguably the most powerful, this has been reflected over the years in their huge success in the World Cup. Not only have they won the most but they have dominated their Group. They have won their group 21 World cups in a row! Their pride symbol is the lion, I did not make the lion I totally forget where I found this... I made this logo actually 3 years ago and its what sparked this concept. Milano's pride/home uniform has been unchanged forever... however they change it up when it comes to the away uniform.

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Milan

Up Next is Xavi, they're in Group F. I compared this team to like Switzerland. Not very good but classic uniforms. The crest is symbolic because the blue with the white up and down cross is the naval code for X, which is what their abbreviation would be on score sheets and stuff. Here it is:

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Xavi-

BTW: if you guys have any comments or critiques put them below, so far I have heard basically nothing.

Here's some comments from a fellow fictional country concept creator!

All in all, they're really good designs! Certainly many of these kits would certainly qualify as classics. I can't really find any flaw to these other than why the home kits do not have the crest logo that the clash kits do. Other than that, great job so far and I can't wait to see more! :)

Today is Golden State, they're in Group E with Milano, which means they havent been able to win much haha, although they are a very good team. They are known as the "miners" and the dust and dirt that goes along with this job is represented by the modern "fractal-like" design on the uniform. Crest is a simple GS inside of a diamond which is what they mine for. The Golden State, however, is really just a state. Its a dominion within Milano after they took it over, but Milano allowed the Golden State to continue to dress their own team.

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Golde

Next is Egypt from Group E. They are also in the group with Milano so it has been a tough time for Egypt in the last years. However, their competitive and athletic nature has served them well in their one and only world cup. The crest triangle represents the pyramids that they have so successfully built and the lines in the pyramid represent their biggest export, wheat and straw. Tried to give them a modern look.

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Egypt

I am a huge fan of these concepts, and I think that you've done a great job of combining classic designs, like stripes and sashes, and newer more modern designs like you have with Egypt. I don't know if that is your doing or Puma's, but it is a little odd to see the Puma logo on both shoulders for Xavi and Belpar, but I if that is just Puma's thing then I love the accuracy. Anyways, great job on these, they all look fantastic. Can't wait to see where you take this series.

bWdXRDv.jpg

ZgaIoh4.jpg

I believe in Auburn and love it!                                                 @RealTCutt                                                                            Colossians 3:23

Love this idea! And coming from a fellow 17 year old too haha.

All Star Game: No complaints here. Logos are good. The volt is totally something that I would expect to see in an All Star Game so you hit the nail on the head with this set.

Belper: I love the number font on this one. My only gripes with this one is the socks on the home and how the one stripe with the puma logo is wider than the rest. There may not be much that you can do about this and it's so small it doesn't really matter. Also, I feel like the away and home should have different colored shorts just to avoid matching with the opposing team. Otherwise, this is a really solid set.

The Dukes: Once again only small nitpicks. The thing about the shorts being the same for the home and road comes up again in this set. Also, maybe incorporate the star into the design? Although, that may make this less classy and more tacky. So never mind.

Milano: Perfect. I would buy one of those home jerseys in a heartbeat. The colors you chose are excellent. Great job.

Xavi: My least favorite of the bunch. Colors and simplicity a little too reminiscent of The Dukes. Not a fan of the sublimated + on the front of the home. I think this one needs to be spiced up more. The away would be a really good Finland kit though. :P

Golden State: Love the logo on this one. Love the sublimation. That home would definitely be in my closet. Once again the shorts matching again. However, they're a pretty unique color so I don't think it is necessary to have to different shorts since they won't match too many teams. Maybe add a tiny bit of trim or something to the collar just add a little bit more. Still, this is my second favorite of yours.

Egypt: I dig the modern, out-there design, for the home. The colors work really well together once again. That away kit though, you nailed it. One of your best, if not the best. Very sexy look. Another kit that I'd add to my wardrobe.

Overall, excellent job. You'd be hurting my wallet if this were real.

Love this idea! And coming from a fellow 17 year old too haha.

All Star Game: No complaints here. Logos are good. The volt is totally something that I would expect to see in an All Star Game so you hit the nail on the head with this set.

Belper: I love the number font on this one. My only gripes with this one is the socks on the home and how the one stripe with the puma logo is wider than the rest. There may not be much that you can do about this and it's so small it doesn't really matter. Also, I feel like the away and home should have different colored shorts just to avoid matching with the opposing team. Otherwise, this is a really solid set.

The Dukes: Once again only small nitpicks. The thing about the shorts being the same for the home and road comes up again in this set. Also, maybe incorporate the star into the design? Although, that may make this less classy and more tacky. So never mind.

Milano: Perfect. I would buy one of those home jerseys in a heartbeat. The colors you chose are excellent. Great job.

Xavi: My least favorite of the bunch. Colors and simplicity a little too reminiscent of The Dukes. Not a fan of the sublimated + on the front of the home. I think this one needs to be spiced up more. The away would be a really good Finland kit though. :P

Golden State: Love the logo on this one. Love the sublimation. That home would definitely be in my closet. Once again the shorts matching again. However, they're a pretty unique color so I don't think it is necessary to have to different shorts since they won't match too many teams. Maybe add a tiny bit of trim or something to the collar just add a little bit more. Still, this is my second favorite of yours.

Egypt: I dig the modern, out-there design, for the home. The colors work really well together once again. That away kit though, you nailed it. One of your best, if not the best. Very sexy look. Another kit that I'd add to my wardrobe.

Overall, excellent job. You'd be hurting my wallet if this were real.

Thanks for the comments and critques, very helpful. I changed The Dukes shorts matching problem but not for Belper. I really like the iconic look with the shorts and the "BFC" (btw the number font is my personal font I made but I have no idea how to publish that stuff haha). There arent many black shorted teams so I think the confusion will make sense later. Anyways thanks for the C&C!!

This is a very good, well thought out concept. I'm surprised at the lack of comments, come on guys! Everything looks awesome and the crests match the identity. I'd say my favourite is Golden State! Anything based on Canada of the sort?

And finally to wrap up Group E is Claire. Claire, similar to Golden State, is a dominion by Milano, however, they are still allowed a team. Claire, Golden State and Egypt all have their little ferris wheel to whos on top but no matter what, Milano will always be ahead of them. Claire's pride symbol is a trade ship, Claire's big economic revenue comes from their trading port. Classic yellow and Sky blue stripes for home and a large grey midstripe for the away.

World%20Cup%20Fed.%20Display%20-%20Clair

I am a huge fan of these concepts, and I think that you've done a great job of combining classic designs, like stripes and sashes, and newer more modern designs like you have with Egypt. I don't know if that is your doing or Puma's, but it is a little odd to see the Puma logo on both shoulders for Xavi and Belpar, but I if that is just Puma's thing then I love the accuracy. Anyways, great job on these, they all look fantastic. Can't wait to see where you take this series.

Ya for some reason the template that Raysox put out had the Puma logo on the shoulders but I didnt bother to change it.

Looking forward to the second in Group C, fourth in Group D, and second in Group E. Can't wait!

The second in Group E, Claire, is posted above!

This is a very good, well thought out concept. I'm surprised at the lack of comments, come on guys! Everything looks awesome and the crests match the identity. I'd say my favourite is Golden State! Anything based on Canada of the sort?

Unfortunately no Canada look alike :(

Archived