Logo Design Help!

WMUfootball

Hi guys!

I was hoping a few of you could come to my rescue and help me develop a better logo for a friend of mine. My friend recently created a company called Eye To Eye Lift, check out their website, www.eyetoeyewheelchairlift.com. They are a company that is creating a lift that will help wheelchair-bound/disabled Americans who cannot attain the adequate height for multiple eye examinations. This lift will be making the lives of examiners simpler and of patients as well. As a friend im going to help him revamp the entire site and logo, but im having a little of creative problem with coming up with a solid logo. I want to create a logo that will incorporate the current design ( The fish eye with the three stripes) and then add on from there and have a compelling logo. Any chance you guys can throw some ideas my way? I would really really appreciate it!

Here is his current logo.. :therock::suspect:

29eov2s.png

Cheers, fellas.

There is nothing here that I would incorporate into a new design.

Start from scratch, design something new.

Since this is a very specific name, a literal logo representation might be a little off putting. Eyes are very tricky to encapsulate in a logo, in the sense that they output emotion. Go too aggressive customer/people might be scared off, on the other hand, if you have a more feminine eye, you miss out on the male demographic. Go too cartoony and customers won't take it seriously, while if you go too (for lack of a better word) plain, people will find the business lacking heart. Perhaps taking a regional icon and incorporating it into the design might help.

But sit down with the owner and asking him some questions about what he wants the logo to accomplish. Remember, it's not your logo, you're just artist behind it. Ultimately, it's what they want, not what you want, however, if their ideas are ridiculous, feel free to help persuade them from it.

No they aren't. Obviously the eye in this particular logo needs a complete re-do but I don't see how you can miss out on an entire demographic for how it's rendered. An eye is an eye

Since this is a very specific name, a literal logo representation might be a little off putting. Eyes are very tricky to encapsulate in a logo, in the sense that they output emotion. Go too aggressive customer/people might be scared off, on the other hand, if you have a more feminine eye, you miss out on the male demographic. Go too cartoony and customers won't take it seriously, while if you go too (for lack of a better word) plain, people will find the business lacking heart. Perhaps taking a regional icon and incorporating it into the design might help.

But sit down with the owner and asking him some questions about what he wants the logo to accomplish. Remember, it's not your logo, you're just artist behind it. Ultimately, it's what they want, not what you want, however, if their ideas are ridiculous, feel free to help persuade them from it.

No they aren't. Obviously the eye in this particular logo needs a complete re-do but I don't see how you can miss out on an entire demographic for how it's rendered. An eye is an eye

Did you read what was said after the bold part? I agree with him. Surely there are ways to make it work well, it'll just take plenty of attempts.

Speaking of eyes, the first logo I think of is Time Warner Cable. I'm sure most people don't even realize that the logo combines the shape of an eye and an ear. So if you can try to make it sort of subtle and implied, the eye will work just fine.

time-warner-logo.jpg

bufg.png

While eyes are difficult to portray effectively without strong gender-stereotyping, it is possible to make a convincing logo using one:

3F01544-450x590.jpg

Yes, this is technically a poster, but the simple geometry of the eye is what I'm getting at.

The best idea I have is a single eye looking upward, watching the lift in action. (Provided nothing shows up in a Google Image and trademark search.)

Sure, it's not as literal as having the two eyes as is outlined in the name, but even numbers will almost always water down the visual solution, as the viewer tends to break each into its own compartment. (The one eye next to the stack of eyes in your first concept qualifies as two elements.)

Hope that's helpful. Good luck!

All the feedback is great guys! Really appreciate it!

While eyes are difficult to portray effectively without strong gender-stereotyping, it is possible to make a convincing logo using one:

3F01544-450x590.jpg

Yes, this is technically a poster, but the simple geometry of the eye is what I'm getting at.

The best idea I have is a single eye looking upward, watching the lift in action. (Provided nothing shows up in a Google Image and trademark search.)

Sure, it's not as literal as having the two eyes as is outlined in the name, but even numbers will almost always water down the visual solution, as the viewer tends to break each into its own compartment. (The one eye next to the stack of eyes in your first concept qualifies as two elements.)

Hope that's helpful. Good luck!

All the feedback is great guys! I Really appreciate it! Im meeting up with the owner tomorrow and ill be sharing some of the input i got on here. Hopefully this way we can come up with logo that can convey what the company is all about and make the owner happy at the same time.

Archived