NBA switching to Nike in 2017

gosioux76

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This from ESPN's business man, Darren Rovell:

@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Nike and NBA to announce new 8-year deal to become official uniform of NBA. Will start in 2017-18. Adidas is out.

6uXNWAo.png

Rovell also adds:

@darrenrovell

Unlike Reebok & adidas, Nike logo will appear on NBA uniforms when new uniform deal starts in 2017-18.

No word yet on jersey advertisements, but it wouldn't shock me if they somehow factor into the mix by the time Nike takes over. It feels like it's just a matter of time before the NBA goes that route.

6uXNWAo.png

Glad to see this. No more three stripes all over the warmup and sideline gear after next season.

Instead all the warmup and sideline gear will feature team wordmarks in exclusively Futura Condensed Extra Black. Yay?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I wonder which teams will get a Nike refresh when they come...or maybe even who's going to hold out on a rebrand now until Nike comes? For some reason I could see Minnesota getting a good one then. Denver could sure use one. I love Portland as they are, but wouldn't be surprised if they shake things up a bit with that opportunity.

I know it's probably too early for that kind of speculation, but I could really see this deal effecting new designs and rebrands in the next couple of years. Not that I'm saying we won't see any until then, but hey, if I'm a team owner and can hang on a couple of years if it means seeing what Nike has to offer, it might be worth holding off until then.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I posted this in the other tread, but Nike's news release says it will be the first brand to have its logo on NBA jerseys.

Already stated in post #3 of this thread.

Chill. Mods will surely combine the two threads.

6uXNWAo.png

This can only lead us to one important detail:

191852.jpg

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

The biggest Adidas disappointment for me was what they could not do with Memphis.

But now Nike will make some performance gear with something analogous to sweat boxes. They'll look more like quilts than anything else and we'll all laud them as superior to Adidas.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I posted this in the other tread, but Nike's news release says it will be the first brand to have its logo on NBA jerseys.

Already stated in post #3 of this thread.

Chill. Mods will surely combine the two threads.

Done and done.

Archived