Los Angeles Clippers Rebrand

STL_ArchMadness

Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. New primary & secondary logos. I kept both blue, and baby blue in the color scheme. I really like the way that came out on the word mark. New unis too, but right now I can't decide which shorts design I like the best so of course C&C is appreciated on the logos, but I would really love some on the shorts as well. The new nautical flags spell out the word "win", I didn't like L.A.C.

Thanks!

qz166p.png

dcpztd.png

35krj9v.png

15zplpj.png

2hpo93n.png

21aec82.png

mkdkec.png

2e513ip.png

Hmm...that rope looks familiar!

wow...I'm not even sure if I looked at your thread or not, but mine is very similar to it. I might have gotten some subliminal encouragement because the ball in the background looks similar too. I've been working on the anchor for months now though. I'm sorry about that, but it wasn't intentional, I wasn't trying to mimic yours at all.

Those home shorts are absolutely awesome! I would suggest giving the away and both alternates the same striping pattern, as they currently contain a little too much white and lack contrast. Excellent start, though, I'm a big fan of incorporating two shades of blue!

That's right. First it was Ian Bakar who used the rope effect on his rebranded Clippers marks weeks ago on CCSL, then it was you and now it's @STL_ArchMadness. What I'm trying to say is: It's hard, or in some cases rather impossible to prove who was first having an idea to put it into practice or who was just trying to mimic a previously uploaded concept on CCSL or any other website.

But I think in this case it's absolutely implausible that @STL_ArchMadness intended to upload a Clippers rebrand concept "stealing" your or Ian Bakar's rope effect just days after you've uploaded your concept on the same website without expecting other forum users criticizing him for mimicking other people's concepts. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

About the concept:

I like the fact that you used baby-blue in your concept. I wish the rope was a little thicker having fewer braids with a generally thicker outline. I think it's a little too fine, too subtle.

Primary mark: I'm not a fan of the primary mark because the shapes don't harmonize with each other. On the one hand you got round, soft shapes (basketball, the basketball seams, team script and rope) but on the other hand there are these edgy, angular, white sail shapes of the old Clippers logo. In my view these shapes look more like a placeholder for something to come, but not like a final result – although I know what they're supposed to be.

Secondary mark: My favorite part of your concept. The anchor looks great and the basketball on top of it is nicely rendered.

Uniforms: They look very good. I'm just not sure if I like the nautical flag color(s) because one of them is black and yellow and you don't find these two colors in the Clippers color scheme. Apart from that, it's a really nice and balanced set of unis. I especially like the anchor on the side of the shorts. Just wonder how it would look if the rope got the same or similar rope effect instead of a simple curved line.

By the way: The anchor (Alternate No. 2) is not of the same shade of royal blue like the Clippers wordmark.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

wow...I'm not even sure if I looked at your thread or not, but mine is very similar to it. I might have gotten some subliminal encouragement because the ball in the background looks similar too. I've been working on the anchor for months now though. I'm sorry about that, but it wasn't intentional, I wasn't trying to mimic yours at all.

I didn't mean any offense, just joking. Great concept!

This is my favorite one yet. Glad you kept the wordmarks as those were a big part of who the old team was. I did freak out when I saw the done by name at first but excellent work.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Phenominal work. Not criticism, but my thoughts would be more baby blue to set the Clppers apart from other teams in the league. I would use Bbaby blue, and red for the colors.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

• 1 year later...
  • Atomic locked this topic

Archived