the admiral

NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

20 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

if Karmanos was so intent on moving the Whalercanes to North Carolina in 1997 then he should've went to Charlotte instead of Raleigh.

Agreed. Actual cities are always preferable to overblown suburbs.

52 minutes ago, mcj882000 said:

if Karmanos was so intent on moving the Whalercanes to North Carolina

Well, that's just it: the only thing he was intent on was leaving Hartford, and the NHL did nothing to stand in his way, such that he broke his lease with the state before he even knew where where he was going. His first choice was Auburn Hills, which the league did stop, and he poked around some other cities, but settled on Raleigh because he had to go somewhere and it seemed like a good enough idea. It wasn't, of course; the two years in Greensboro were so bad for the organization and the perception of the league that I'm surprised they ever recovered at all. But we mustn't lose sight of what really matters: Jeremy Jacobs getting the New England cable market back to himself.

Charlotte would have sucked too.

In 2010 or 2011 when the Blue Jackets were at the height of Not Winning I wrote some long ass fan fiction alternate history about the Whalers moving to Columbus instead of Raleigh. 

Today in Guys, Bill Foley May Have Some Problems, we examine his vision for what will allegedly be tonight's pregame ceremony. Also, there's a Knights blog that earnestly and frequently refers to Foley as "The Creator," so maybe this guy's found his audience.

IMG_20171013_210143.jpg

57 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Today in Guys, Bill Foley May Have Some Problems, we examine his vision for what will allegedly be tonight's pregame ceremony. Also, there's a Knights blog that earnestly and frequently refers to Foley as "The Creator," so maybe this guy's found his audience.

IMG_20171013_210143.jpg

Just as Sir Thomas Malory envisioned.

5 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

IMG_20171013_210143.jpg

6 hours ago, LMU said:

Looks incredibly off, to me. Even if it is a better mascot than that of my alma mater, good old Gila Hank.

2017-10-14 04.49.26.jpg

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

God, it's like a nightmare lovechild of the NHL and Medieval Times. Especially that castle setpiece.

2 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Good to see that the guy who did the Mighty Ducks' opening show is still around...

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

"The Golden Knights Get Creative" is halfway to an Always Sunny title card gag

Bill Foley comes out of nowhere in your kitchen going "WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE IDEA? Mine is being creative!"

Some real screwed up stuff happens after the sword gets pulled out and then he agrees to never be creative again

"Okay so here's the plan, you struggle to pull the sword out, then I come over and I pull it out no problem, and she's like wow, you're so strong, and then she's so impressed she has to bang me."

"THEN YOU CUT HER HEAD OFF."
"We discussed this already, Frank, we're not decapitating anyone."

"Wait, why do you get to pull the sword out? You're supposed to be the brains of the operation, I'm the muscle, so I should pull the sword out and bang her."
"Well, actually, that's where you're wrong, while I am, as you put it, the brains of the operation, I also double as muscle."

"You can't double as muscle! That ruins the entire group dynamic."

"WHY DON'T YOU BOTH KILL THE WHORE."
"Again, not a whore, not killing her."

15 hours ago, LMU said:

megaman17.gif

9 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Good to see that the guy who did the Mighty Ducks' opening show is still around...

"A new era in sports entertainment!"

Who knew that Lumière was played by Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Jr.?