the admiral

NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The man has a point.

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Glad the Army's legal team finished the massive bender they were on in time to file an extension. The Creator has offered nonstop evidence that he is ripping off West Point.

Hey, let's see how Gary Bettman's attempts to wield influence over a foreign election are going:

cgy.jpg

Aw, shoot. Well, you'll get 'em next time, little guy!

I was wondering what "the Braceford disaster" was, thought maybe a river flooded again in a neighborhood called Braceford and it was being used against him. I cannot read. Anyway what a bunch of schmucks.

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

La Flammes de Québec when? :upside:

But wouldn't this hurt Bettman and Company's precious East/West balance???

3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

La Flammes de Québec when? :upside:

#KeepIt7

The Isles are still plugging away at getting that Belmont Park arena, which I guess would be privately financed, so hey, good for them.

Let me throw this out there: is it possible the Barclays Center development was a stupid idea and never should have been embarked upon? The Brooklynettes seem to be a monumental bust now that the whole Jay-Z AW BWACK EBWYTING bloom is off the rose. It's damn near killing the Islanders. Aesthetically speaking, it's hideous. I don't think Forest City Ratner came remotely close to building affordable housing around it as they promised. The real estate has been bought by a Russian petrogangster just in time for anti-Russian sentiment in America to reach dizzying heights not seen since the 1960s.

Maybe the Belmont Park arena is what should have happened all along, with the Nets and Islanders sharing an arena there, or the Islanders moving to Belmont and the Nets staying in Newark. But Barclays + Belmont + renovated downsized Nassau is a foolish waste. Whatever.

Lou Lamiorello accidentally explains why the NHL will never have widespread popularity:

IMG_20171019_124729.jpg

The glowing puck might be making a return soon.

Bettman mentioned this with some pride on Monday as he was inducted into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame, which counts Edward R. Murrow, Lucille Ball and Pat Sajak among its honorees.

"While it was the subject of much discussion, and some derision, in 1996, the technology of Fox Sports' glowing puck was the precursor of the first-down line that has become standard practice for any football broadcast, and any number of innovations," he said. "Actually, we are working on a dramatically updated version of that technology, and we have plans to roll out updated player and puck tracking. We are literally going back to the future."

I've thought for a while that the glow puck technology could be used to just make the puck blacker and more visible. The execution was very cheesy and 90s, but the idea was solid.

It should be used on replays but never live action. 

6 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Lou Lamiorello accidentally explains why the NHL will never have widespread popularity:

The frustrating thing about this is the kernel of truth that hockey, more than other sports, does require players to suppress a certain amount of "individuality" for a greater good. But that really just means most players can't go into business for themselves and ignore wide-open teammates. You can have teamwork and esprit de corps without turning everyone into androids.

10 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

I've thought for a while that the glow puck technology could be used to just make the puck blacker and more visible. The execution was very cheesy and 90s, but the idea was solid.

Well HDTV's and television innovations have kinda eliminated the need for a constant glowing puck.

What this will really help with is when there's madness in the crease and there's some question whether the puck crossed the line or not.

Yeah, it would do a lot for goal-line and offside calls.

Oh, and a hearty LOL at Gary Bettman, the guy whose league has bungled one television contract after another when he wasn't taking the league off television altogether with lockouts, being inducted into a broadcasting hall of fame.