the admiral

NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

37 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

So 90+ minutes from Chicago and little chance of ride share drivers. At least Buffalo/Orchard Park was a suburb and Ann Arbor was much closer to  more commerce.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/111817aaa.html

As long as the Bruins aren't the home team, it doesn't sound that strange for a one-time event.

Not only is it an easy shot east on I-90, but there's commuter rail right out of downtown Chicago to South Bend with dedicated shuttle bus service to and from Notre Dame Stadium.

Speaking of which, redo one of these posters for hockey and take my damn money.

fanciful-notre-dame-football-poster-and-

I love that poster style. I wish Metra would do stuff like that for their lines but their aesthetic never left 1994 desktop publishing.

Penguins vs Flyers in a Pennsylvania football stadium....

We did this literally LAST SEASON. Don't even bother making new jerseys. 

4 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I was honestly hoping for another opponent. The Rangers, Islanders, and Devils all would have been good. Instead we are left with the Flyers/Penguins rivalry that has been milked to near death.

5 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

My thought is that they're doing on in Philly because the first one that ended up in Pittsburgh was intended to be a neutral site in State College.  I guess this give them a home and home series to be fair.

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

My thought is that they're doing on in Philly because the first one that ended up in Pittsburgh was intended to be a neutral site in State College.  I guess this give them a home and home series to be fair.

As a Penguin fan I'm happy they're not playing in State College, the town and Penn State were barely punished for the Sandusky cover up and the residents and fan base attitude towards the whole scandal is disgusting.

I hate Penn State as much as anyone, but the Flyers and Penguins could use their facility for a one-off without it constituting an endorsement of child rape.

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I hate Penn State as much as anyone, but the Flyers and Penguins could use their facility for a one-off without it constituting an endorsement of child rape.

And at a certain point you have to move past what those in the past did. The school president, AD and head coach who were all involved in covering for Sandusky are no longer in their positions. In fact, their current AD is Timothy Curley's successor's successor. Same for President Spanier. They're on their second school president following Spanier. Their current president was a former professor at Penn State but there's no indication whatsoever that there was any connection between him and Sandusky's crime. Their current athletic director had no connection to the university up until she took the position in 2014. There's no point in attacking innocent people when those responsible for covering for Sandusky have been named, shamed and, in the case of Spanier and Curley, charged and convicted.