the admiral

NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

12 minutes ago, Marcos Flamengo said:

Foley: Mr. President, honestly, your excellence have misunderstand.

General Mark Milley: I think that's you have misunderstand.

VGK legal representation: Look how far we got?.

pI3m8TT.png

31 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Foley: I want it to be the Black Knights. Because Army!

London Knights: We may or may not take issue with a pro team named the Knights, but if you ask us nicely -

Foley: What's that? We can't be just the Knights? Oh well! I guess we'll have to name ourselves the Golden Knights instead!

London Knights: Wait, we haven't even -

Foley: GOLDEN KNIGHTS!

On 1/10/2018 at 9:32 PM, chrysleraspen08 said:

Not unless they get approval from London on the name, since they hold the trademark in Canada. I'm betting they'll just use the Sand Knights trademark that they already have from a while back.

The London Knights have no power here. The Lethbridge Hurricanes existed almost 10 years before the Carolina Hurricanes did.

4 minutes ago, ElwoodCuse said:

The London Knights have no power here. The Lethbridge Hurricanes existed almost 10 years before the Carolina Hurricanes did.

The only person actually claiming the London Knights are an obstacle is Bill Foley. They’re a convenient scapegoat for him so he can dodge questions about why he doesn’t just name his team the Knights. 

41m ago

Report: Seattle NHL group registers 13 names

https://www.tsn.ca/report-seattle-nhl-group-registers-13-names-1.972946

Cougars, Eagles, Emeralds, Evergreens, Firebirds, Kraken, Rainiers, Renegades, Sea Lions, Seals, Sockeyes, Totems and Whales

Yes- Emeralds, Sea Lions, Sockeyes, Totems

Kraken is cool, but I despise singular names. Renegades, Firebirds, Cougars, Eagles are just generic filler names.

Whales, no. Seals, no. Evergreens, no. Rainiers, no. 

Evergreens is splendid, bite your tongue.

In Grow-the-Game news, the musical guest for the All-Star Game is a dude who performs in front of a Confederate flag.

Yea, personal political ideologies aside, Kid Rock isn't the best choice given the current social climate. 

6 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Yea, personal political ideologies aside, Kid Rock isn't the best choice given the current social climate. 

Kid Rock isn't the best choice in ANY social climate. But, nobody watches the All-Star Game for the musical entertainment. Nobody really watches the all-star game period, do they?

Just now, Delayed Penalty said:

Kid Rock isn't the best choice in ANY social climate. But, nobody watches the All-Star Game for the musical entertainment. Nobody really watches the all-star game period, do they?

True. Was it last year that Snoop Dogg was DJing and playing songs with ample "bitches and hoes"? 

14 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Kid Rock isn't good for any climate. How hard would it have been to just grab some mediocre indie band like Metric? Is Metric even around still?

But to be fair, it's the NHL, it's the All-Star Game, mouthy Hockey Twitter people would be a bottle rocket up their ass no matter what they did. FWAAHHHHHHH AN AGREEABLE ENOUGH ROCK BAND THIS IS WHY YOU'LL NEVER BE MY SWEET BABY NBA

NBCSN has been playing "Shine On Me" by Dan Auerbach for their ASG promos, which is such a fun little throwback of a song.

A guy "from Detroit" who actually grew up in a mansion in the outer rings and has gone from faux-rap to embracing alt-right tinged country over the past two decades is almost too perfect for the NHL, when you take a moment to think about it.

7 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

41m ago

Report: Seattle NHL group registers 13 names

https://www.tsn.ca/report-seattle-nhl-group-registers-13-names-1.972946

Cougars, Eagles, Emeralds, Evergreens, Firebirds, Kraken, Rainiers, Renegades, Sea Lions, Seals, Sockeyes, Totems and Whales

Yes- Emeralds, Sea Lions, Sockeyes, Totems

Kraken is cool, but I despise singular names. Renegades, Firebirds, Cougars, Eagles are just generic filler names.

Whales, no. Seals, no. Evergreens, no. Rainiers, no. 

Why Sea Lions but not Seals? Aren't they basically the same thing?