BC Lions Rebrand: A new direction.

mcrosby

Looks more like a gibbon. But I like the idea to focus on sea lions in place of mountain lions.

I don't know how u get gibbon from that.

I like the design, I do agree u could maybe do more to make look like a sea lion, and maybe angle it down, the angle of the lion is conflicting with the angle of the letters.

I really like to see where this goes

The right-facing orange shape looks gibbon-ish if you interpret it as left-facing. Could you have the black section be a lion lion outline and have the orange section double as the inner portion of the lion lion AND a left-facing sea lion (or vice versa)?

Would the addition of the smallest amount of some lighter shade of blue/aqua help to tie in the aquatic theme of a sea lion?

Also, the "B" looks very Baltimore Ravensy.

While interpreting "Lions" as sea lions makes some sense in the Pacific Northwest, this team was explicitly named for "The Lions," twin mountain peaks visible from Vancouver (also referred to in naming the Lions Gate Bridge). They are the snow-capped peaks on the left side of this image. So, mountain lions is a very strongly entrenched interpretation for this team.

All that said, I like your concept, which could still be adapted with only slight changes to be a mountain lion (cougar).

queen-e-view-e1429252202981.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I like the out of box thinking but it looks a bit like Oregon State Beavers.

Totally summed it up. Also not very clear what it is.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Looks more like a gibbon. But I like the idea to focus on sea lions in place of mountain lions.

I'm getting a baboon-with-whiskers vibe from this, but gibbon/baboon, either way the features need a little fine tuning to make it unmistakably a sea lion. The top right corner of the C gets kind of lost in the jaw as well. But despite all this, it looks good style-wise. I like the motion and energy it has, compared to the actual BC Lions logo which is very stagnant.

• 1 year later...

Archived