fouhy12's 2015 NFL Re-Design (32/32 - 49ers and Titans)

fouhy12

The thing with the Ravens is the fact that the name was inspired by Edger Allen Poe's The Raven. So by design the uniforms are meant to be dark, so lightening the uniforms takes away from the aggressive, threatening feel of the uniforms and team. Happy 4th in advance :unclesam::flagusa:

78i78o78.png

banner.pngvirginia-tech-state-silhouette-decal-9.png10574358_10153800658784905_4912776899242569995_n.jpg

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, sorry for not responding for a while. I've had an extremely busy week that took a turn for the worse today. A girl who just graduated from my high school and who was in the class ahead of me was tragically hit and killed by a car last night at a fireworks show. I don't know when I will be able to update this again, as this was a tragic loss in our community and I will have to take some time to mourn. I promise that I will return to posting as soon as possible, and I apologize for the delay.

Thanks for giving me some time, it means a lot! Time to get this thing back on track now.

I read through the comments about the Ravens concept, and I definitely see some spots where I can improve the design. I knew it wasn't perfect when I made it so it's good to get input about how it can be made better. To catch up on posting concepts, I'll be posting two teams tonight, and both wear red and blue. Let's start with the blue.

Buffalo Bills (12/32)

Things I kept:

• The logo. The Bills logo is absolutely timeless, IMO. Not going anywhere.
  • Colors. Both the royal blue and red were kept as the primary colors.

Things I changed:

• Helmet. I went back to the red helmet, a look that I've always loved and is unique to the Bills. For those that like the white helmet, however, I have a white alternate helmet.
  • Removal of navy. The Bills only need royal and red. There was no reason for navy to be there in the first place, and I removed it.
  • Sleeve striping: I simplified the sleeve striping to a single stripe that I think looks better on the "athletic cut" of jerseys that is worn now.

DnD1gXm.pngqxKpROr.jpgUyI8gei.jpgQtYcP3C.jpgRqN0a58.jpg

Note: The alternate helmet is only to be worn twice per year.

Now, it's time for the red. However, it isn't a team that wears red now.

Houston Texans (13/32)

Things I kept:

• Logo. I like the logo they have now and I think it fits their identity.
  • Colors. Red and blue are Texas colors, so I wasn't going to change them.

Things I changed:

• Primary color: I switched from blue to red because I think the red looks sharper, and the AFC South is very blue-dominated.
  • Helmet. I went with the white shell which I fell better fits with the red jersey.
  • Striping. With no real history to base the stripes off of, I created a new pattern that is unique to the Texans and is a fairly modern design.

LlMRms0.png1nzMSsH.jpggouVumH.jpgJbu4Imf.jpg

The white shell with the red mask without any stripes seems so youth-league looking IMO. I would go with either a navy mask and implement those stripes or just stick with the navy shell they have now. Bills look great!

Very good thread. Some nice redesign suggestions. My favorite so far has to be the Atlanta Falcons, love bringing back the red; ditto for the Bills. Interesting to see the Colts with blue helmets, and I actually like the Patriots with white helmets. Least favorite -- Denver, the orange helmets look like the '60s AFL version. Looking forward to seeing the Eagles.

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

I like the Red helmet for the Bills. But I feel like the Texans should have a blue helmet and they need some stripes on that helmet, no matter if it's a white or blue shell. Both these uniform sets are solid. I especially like how the Texans blue jersey looks with that striping.

The white shell with the red mask without any stripes seems so youth-league looking IMO. I would go with either a navy mask and implement those stripes or just stick with the navy shell they have now. Bills look great!

I like the Red helmet for the Bills. But I feel like the Texans should have a blue helmet and they need some stripes on that helmet, no matter if it's a white or blue shell. Both these uniform sets are solid. I especially like how the Texans blue jersey looks with that striping.

I'll play around with striping on the helmet and the possibility of a blue helmet to see how they will look.

Very good thread. Some nice redesign suggestions. My favorite so far has to be the Atlanta Falcons, love bringing back the red; ditto for the Bills. Interesting to see the Colts with blue helmets, and I actually like the Patriots with white helmets. Least favorite -- Denver, the orange helmets look like the '60s AFL version. Looking forward to seeing the Eagles.

Thanks for looking through the thread! The Falcons were one of my favorite ones, especially once I put in the winged jersey design.

For the next team, I'll post one of the three remaining teams from the NFC East: Eagles, Giants, or Cowboys. Next commenter gets to choose which one!

Philadelphia Eagles (14/32)

Things I kept:

• Midnight Green. IMO, it is a really unique color that works for the Eagles and is unique to them. On the new matte Nike jerseys, the color looks really nice and stands out.
  • Logo. The eagles have a classic logo that I feel didn't need to be changed.
  • Winged helmet. Another design element unique to the Eagles. There was no way that I would touch that.

Things I changed:

• Colors. The main issue the Eagles have right now is that there are too many colors. I simplified it down from midnight green, black, silver, and white to just midnight green, gray, and white.
  • Emphasize the gray. I wanted to bring back the old days of Eagle football by bringing back gray pants. I also added a gray jersey to go along with the set.

dJWDti1.jpg4ogP5Er.jpgSM474ZQ.jpgkph7JLi.jpgQalfoqx.jpg

Note: Green pants are an option for all three jerseys, but I only posted them with one jersey for simplicity's sake.

Hmm. This is the first concept I've seen that makes midnight green work for the Eagles.

The Eagles should use this :notworthy:

Thanks guys!

Great concept! I also love that you chose JMatt as the player.

The biggest reason why I chose him was because I made this right when the Eagles were making all of their moves, and I wanted to pick a player that I knew would still be on the team!

I'm still not 100% sure I like the gray numbers on the home jersey, so I'd like some input on that.

I think I'll post the Bengals next, unless anyone has any objections.

Archived