Question on Rams' throwbacks...

Slater

That pants stripe always killed me. There's no white ANYWHERE ELSE in the uniform other than that.

I think it looks fine at least in that picture with the amount of white accessories like undershirts, tape, elbow pads, and neck rolls. Players wore a whole lot of armor in the 80s. Also, their last names are white

I think the rams' horn design on those older outfits looked way better than their current throwbacks. The horns were wider, but I guess the current "no sleeves" trend makes that somewhat impractical.

The bigger issue for me with the stripes was that they were just out-of-place on that uniform, regardless of color. Solid gold pants would have worked better. The Titans have the same issue today.

Or instead of creating the no stripe look and possibly making the team look a little amateurish, you use the filler tool and get rid of the white on that home uniform. That improves this look, IMO.

pardon the quick and messy photo edit

j_everett_061011_top_zpsjva6wslv.jpg

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

I love the idea of blue and yellow, only. I would not be opposed to losing the horns on the sleeves. While I realize that uniforms are not a literal translation of the mascot they represent, Rams don't have horns on their shoulders.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Regarding the Rams' old Royal Blue and Yellow outfits, was "Yellow" the official name or was there another designation for it?

j_everett_061011_top_zps135d95e5.jpg

Actually, yes, there is another designation for it. It is called BRING THIS BACK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bigger issue for me with the stripes was that they were just out-of-place on that uniform, regardless of color. Solid gold pants would have worked better. The Titans have the same issue today.

I disagree, especially about the Titans, who just need to put the stripes from their white pants on the helmets. The solution for those Rams jerseys was to make the numbers white. There was enough yellow on the shoulders. Plus, stripeless pants are amateurish and those Rams pants looked great on their own.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Were the Rams the last NFL team to use heat-pressed jersey numbers?

No. The Bills used them through the end of their Super Bowl set in 2001. And of course, the Buccaneers used heat-pressed numbers for authenticity's sake on their creamsicle throwbacks the last few years.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived