NYSL- New York Soccer League (Staten Island) 7/8

jaker52

Before I Begin...

In this case, forget all you know about US Soccer as MLS, USL, and NASL don't exist. US Soccer is made up of regional leagues but is very popular. Also, credit to RAYSOX for part of the idea and the template and CONRAD for many of the fonts I'll be using.

In 2014 New York City is at the crossroads of 3 top level regional leagues: the New England Soccer League, Atlantic Coast Football Division, and the New York state Football Association. The city has 5 major teams, split between these leagues. The Jersey City Liberty (ACFD) and Manhattan Empire SC (NESL) are nearly unbeatable, leaving many fans wondering what would happen if they played each other. At the end of 2014, the two seceded from their respective leagues to form NYSL. At the same time, The NYSFA folded due to all their upstate NY teams leaving to join the wildly Popular Great Lakes Football League. The NYC area sides from the former league (Brooklyn Brigade, Queens City, and River Hudson) decide to join NYSL for its inaugural season, putting the league to 5 teams. They then brought up 2 Lower level sides, Staten Island FC and Bronx FC. The league then founded New Amsterdam FC in lower Manhattan and sold the new club to European owners. This left the league at 8 teams and ready to start Business. Seeing financial promise in the league, rich owners from the UAE bought Bronx FC and poured massive funds into the team, helping it make the jump.

NYSL_LEAGUE_LOGO.jpg

Manhattan Empire SC

One of the founding members of the league (and most successful), When the Empire joined the league, they needed very little to perfect their team. In NESL, they were nearly unbeatable with plenty of funds from simply the size of the club. They used some of these to buy Zlatan Ibrahimovic from PSG before the start of the season (or perhaps Zlatan sold PSG and bought the Empire because nobody sells or buys Zlatan). They carried over their traditional badge and colors as well as their riverside stadium which holds 37,000. They wear an all white home kit most years and a blue away kit.

NYSL_MANHATTAN_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_MANHATTAN_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jersey City Liberty

This Team has one of the most successful histories leading into the foundation of the league. The team made one offseason signing, buying Columbian Defender Eder Alvarez Balanta From the Argentine club River. He Plays for the Columbian national team and is seen as one of the world's best prospects. The team also started a partnership with Borussia Dortmund allowing them to loan some pretty great players.The traditional badge has seen many updates, but has always been A torch made by the club's initials, which is in solid black on their red home shirt.

NYSL_LIBERTY_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_LIBERTY_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I would love to see a Long Island showdown (Basically Teams in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, and Suffolk County...If this could happen this New Yorker would be over the moon!) Either way I love this concept. Also I absolutely ADOOORRRREEEE the JCL (LCJ on the logo) Torch handle! It matches New Jersey perfectly also I am wondering how the Flame would look if it was made to look like the intials 'FC' or 'SC' (Football Club and Soccer Club) instead of the NYU style torch flame.

I would love to see a Long Island showdown (Basically Teams in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, and Suffolk County...If this could happen this New Yorker would be over the moon!) Either way I love this concept. Also I absolutely ADOOORRRREEEE the JCL (LCJ on the logo) Torch handle! It matches New Jersey perfectly also I am wondering how the Flame would look if it was made to look like the intials 'FC' or 'SC' (Football Club and Soccer Club) instead of the NYU style torch flame.

Brooklyn and Queens are happening and Nassau County and Suffolk county could happen after I do the first 8.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

I think the shorts stripe on the home for Jersey City should be black like the sleeve cuffs, the way you have it match on the away. Also I feel the numbers should be lowered a tad on both teams and possibly enlarged. Not sure on the enlarged part, I would have to see a double digit number version first

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Brooklyn and Queens are happening and Nassau County and Suffolk county could happen after I do the first 8.

Awesome! Can't wait!

River Hudson SC

This was the first team in New york. They were a big success in the 60's and 70's but due to their owners divorce in 1996, the team lost money and players. They were scraping the bottom in the 2000's. The teams fortunes have been slowly improving since 2009. The team most recently had their first top half finish in the NYSFA since 1998. They are based out of Yonkers just outside of the Bronx, where Bronx FC is their main rival in the Mainland derby since they are the 2 of only three NYSL teams that play on the US Mainland. They have rebuilt their club off domestic talent and a strong youth system. They seem to have the pieces in place for some great runs in the future. They have a very traditional badge inspired by the city and its river and horse racing culture. They have a very traditional blue home shirt as well.

NYSL_RIVER_LOGO.jpg

NYSL_RIVER_KITS.jpg

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

River Hudson looks great. The second jersey is very similar to Bayern's home kits from this past season so I might try another kind of vertical striping. As for the crest, I have only one change in mind really because it looks good already. I would enlarge the waves to the size of what either Southampton or Southend United have in their crests since right now I don't think it would be able to be applied in smaller sizes.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Archived