hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 1994-95 Uniform Updates

2,227 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Yea, for a team I feel would be the most progressive in the league with design and jerseys, they really haven't shown any movement forward recently. Also, I really enjoy the Nuggets update! No matter what anyone's thoughts are on it, they'd still have to admit it's 10x better than the first.

The original plan for the Wizards was to change the uniforms about ten years in, but the dynasty killed that idea. However, the team will overhaul their look in the next few seasons.

21 hours ago, RightGuard said:

For each PHL team, what would you say are their 2 primary colors? I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet of the current league and am having problems with teams that have more than 3 colors.

I actually also use a two-colour system for every team on my team sections in excel. Here's the schemes I use:

VAN - Maroon, Orange

CGY - Orange, Black

CAL - Black, Teal

EDM - Blue, Neon Green

LA - Purple, Orange

SEA - Grey, Green

CHI - Green, White

STL - Blue, Red

DEN - Navy, Gold

MIN - Blue, Green

MIL - Black, Orange

WPG - Brown, Red

KC - Black, Blue

TOR - Navy, Light Blue

OTT - Red, Black

NS - Green, Red

QUE - Blue, Black

MTL - Maroon, Red

DET - Blue, Yellow

WSH - Army Green, Yellow

BOS - Black, Red

PHI - Red, Blue

NYC - Navy, Red

PIT - Black, Yellow

LI - Orange, Blue

MIA - Teal, Pink

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, New York's Greatest said:

Noooo Metros was such a good name! 

Also Hopefully Wheeler ends up really helping the Concordes

43 minutes ago, PackMan said:

I think it will be interesting to see the Gens improve. As for Dallas, I do agree that the Metros was a good name. They'll probably don a Metros throwback in the 2010s, but who knows...

I liked the name Metros as well but it just didn't make sense within the story to bring it back this time. The Metros were not a very successful franchise in Dallas and the new ownership would probably like to distance themselves from the old name. Besides, I just can't see a name like that being used in the mid-90s. However, since it was very popular, I can pretty much guarantee that there will be a Metros alternate in the future.

2 people like this

It looks like there's a pretty strong sentiment to bring back the Erie Penguins name...but weren't they based in Erie, Pennsylvania?

If so, then we could pay homage, but with a slight modification...how's about the Lake Erie Penguins?

1 person likes this

Name ideas:

Cleveland Penguins (I was about to post Lake Erie Penguins)

Dallas Desperados

9 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

It looks like there's a pretty strong sentiment to bring back the Erie Penguins name...but weren't they based in Erie, Pennsylvania?

If so, then we could pay homage, but with a slight modification...how's about the Lake Erie Penguins?

Yes, they were based in Erie, Pennsylvania. To be honest, I'm not sure if I want to use the Penguins name either simply because I don't like using the same names as NHL teams even though I did in the past (with the Kings as well) though maybe a retro uniform similar to the old penguins jersey could emerge later on. I'll probably post some guidelines for naming the team soon, there really won't be that many rules though since this won't be a vote like the expansion committees. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:

I actually also use a two-colour system for every team on my team sections in excel. Here's the schemes I use:

VAN - Maroon, Orange

CGY - Orange, Black

CAL - Black, Teal

EDM - Blue, Neon Green

LA - Purple, Orange

SEA - Grey, Green

CHI - Green, White

STL - Blue, Red

DEN - Navy, Gold

MIN - Blue, Green

MIL - Black, Orange

WPG - Brown, Red

KC - Black, Blue

TOR - Navy, Light Blue

OTT - Red, Black

NS - Green, Red

QUE - Blue, Black

MTL - Maroon, Red

DET - Blue, Yellow

WSH - Army Green, Yellow

BOS - Black, Red

PHI - Red, Blue

NYC - Navy, Red

PIT - Black, Yellow

LI - Orange, Blue

MIA - Teal, Pink

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, man. Do you think you could provide two-color updates whenever a team gets a new look (not for every one, though)? Also, in regards to Cleveland and Dallas getting expansions, how will that affect the divisional alignment?

I'm gonna go with Outlaws for Dallas, and for Cleveland... I have no idea. It's always a city I've had trouble coming up with team names for (not as much as Chicago, but still).

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

I'm gonna go with Outlaws for Dallas, and for Cleveland... I have no idea. It's always a city I've had trouble coming up with team names for (not as much as Chicago, but still).

Hey, I've already got the Dallas Outlaws in the ABL. (And they just played their first season, too)

I missed an entire season, the future looks very dim for the Claymores in NS, oh well, guess I just gotta hope and see if they'll be like the Jets in real life. For expansion names, why not do a Name the Team Vote, like how NHL teams started to do it in the 90s? If not my votes are the Dallas Desperados, give it a southern feel, kinda like how the Coyotes did. For Cleveland, first thing I think of is Centurians but that's to similar to the Senators, so maybe with Cleveland Lake Monsters (sounds 90s-ish) or Cleveland Comets, Cannons, or Cougars

1 person likes this

I'll throw my support behind the Cannons for Cleveland. Kinda has the same Civil War vibe as the Blue Jackets.

1 person likes this

My naming opinions (Italicized name are my personal favorites):

Cleveland: Cleveland Fury, Cleveland Blades, Cleveland Fire, Cleveland Union/Ohio Union,Cleveland 68th/68s/Sixty-Eights, Ohio 68th/68s/Sixty-Eights[Reference to the 68th Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry] (Yay Civil War References!) Ohio Apollos, Ohio/Cleveland Rockets, Cleveland/Ohio Cosmos, Ohio Space (because 90's), Cleveland/Ohio Flight, Ohio/Cleveland Astros (Reference to the MANY Astronauts who have come from Ohio including those on the Apollo Missions), and the Cleveland At Least We're Not Detroits

Dallas: Dallas Texans (I know its lazy but I really like the name), Dallas Rage (Yay more 90's!), Texas/Dallas Armadillos/Dillos, Dallas Desparados/ Texas Outlaws, Dallas Freedom, Texas Independents (Since Texans have a strong yearning of and for Independence), Dallas Capitals (I know hawkfan doesn't want to use actual names from the NHL but this really works well), and the Texas Kids/ Texas Bills (Reference to Buffalo Bill and Billy the Kid specifically but an overarching reference to the Wild West), Dallas/Texas Wild (See previous to explanations)

OK, you sold me...upon realizing how great it sounds, I'm now rooting for the Cleveland Cosmos!

31 minutes ago, New York's Greatest said:

My naming opinions (Italicized name are my personal favorites):

Cleveland: Cleveland Fury, Cleveland Blades, Cleveland Fire, Cleveland Union/Ohio Union,Cleveland 68th/68s/Sixty-Eights, Ohio 68th/68s/Sixty-Eights[Reference to the 68th Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry] (Yay Civil War References!) Ohio Apollos, Ohio/Cleveland Rockets, Cleveland/Ohio Cosmos, Ohio Space (because 90's), Cleveland/Ohio Flight, Ohio/Cleveland Astros (Reference to the MANY Astronauts who have come from Ohio including those on the Apollo Missions), and the Cleveland At Least We're Not Detroits

Dallas: Dallas Texans (I know its lazy but I really like the name), Dallas Rage (Yay more 90's!), Texas/Dallas Armadillos/Dillos, Dallas Desparados/ Texas Outlaws, Dallas Freedom, Texas Independents (Since Texans have a strong yearning of and for Independence), Dallas Capitals (I know hawkfan doesn't want to use actual names from the NHL but this really works well), and the Texas Kids/ Texas Bills (Reference to Buffalo Bill and Billy the Kid specifically but an overarching reference to the Wild West), Dallas/Texas Wild (See previous to explanations)

Many great names but wondering about Dallas Capitals considering Austin is the state capital and Dallas never served as the capital of Texas.

Cleveland Cosmos and Dallas Freedom sound the best to me.

56 minutes ago, eick74 said:

Many great names but wondering about Dallas Capitals considering Austin is the state capital and Dallas never served as the capital of Texas.

Cleveland Cosmos and Dallas Freedom sound the best to me.

Oh shiii..... thank you I forgot Dallas wasn't the Capital. 

Yeah the Cosmos really fit for that and as for the Freedom it that perfect blend of Texas and the 1990's 

Probably my second favorite Dallas/Texas name are the Dillos though.

3 hours ago, New York's Greatest said:

Oh how I wish this could happen.

I'm still hoping for a music related name for Cleveland; the Waves (new wave music), the Thrashers (thrash metal), the Sound, the Jam, or the Metalheads.

I like Dallas Freedom & the Dallas Barons. Dallas Outlaws is pretty good too. Maybe they could be the Dallas Vultures? I feel like every league needs a bird team.

Cleveland Oilers because John D. Rockefeller first founded Standard Oil in Cleveland. If you don't want to do that because of the Oilers being the name of a current NHL team, you can do Cleveland Rockets.

Dallas Fours as one of the nicknames of the city is "The Four."

Woot woot. Can't wait for Dallas. Hope it isn't a cliche "Western cowboy" name. Super pumped regardless.