hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 1995 Off-Season

2,380 posts in this topic

St. Louis wins, I guess.

Spoiler

WHAT? ST. LOUIS WINS? I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I'M GOING TO :censored:ING-

Oops. sorry about that...

Looks like the Spirits dynasty is nearing its end. Good 5 in less than a decade is too much.

Don't worry everyone, St. Louis is as good as done now. There's a mass retirement coming up and even Appleby may be nearing the end. Also, once the salary cap comes along (much earlier than it did in the NHL) you'll see a lot more parity in the league. A team like the Spirits simply won't be able to stay together by the end of this decade.

1 person likes this

David Appleby breaks the PHL scoring record and wins his fifth Lewis Cup in the same season... talk about a fairy-tale year for him. 👏🏻 Are the Bulldogs looking like a favorite to reach the Lewis Cup Finals next season?

18 hours ago, SnipeandCelly24 said:

David Appleby breaks the PHL scoring record and wins his fifth Lewis Cup in the same season... talk about a fairy-tale year for him. 👏🏻 Are the Bulldogs looking like a favorite to reach the Lewis Cup Finals next season?

The Bulldogs are one of the biggest contenders entering the 1991-92 season. Even in '91, they were expected to make a serious run but just came up short. Speaking of the Bulldogs...

Bulldogs Unveil New Look

http://phlnetwork.blogspot.ca/

The Boston Bulldogs will open the 1991-92 season with an updated look. The classic color scheme of Black, Red, and White will remain, as will the same basic dog face found on all the previous uniforms in the team's history, but with a few changes. The Dog's face has been updated to look more aggressive and intimidating. Changes have also been made to the striping design on the uniforms. The secondary "pawprint" logo has also been updated, but will still appear only on the right shoulder of the jerseys, as per team tradition. "We felt we could use an update, this new look is sleek and intimidating and I think it reflects our hockey club very well" said GM Bob Canton.

Bostonlogos.thumb.png.37d3982e96075ae64da767333f670921.png

Bostonunis.thumb.png.dfecfcce03039a06503d6f4781b42623.png

Though Boston is the only team making changes in 1991, it has been reported that two teams will make major changes to their identities in the summer of 1992.

4 people like this

I like it, logo is better and the unis look great.

When did the right-side paw shoulder patch originate?

Two teams making major changes for '92, eh? I'm gonna guess...Nuggets and Claymores.

Also, good work with Boston!

4 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Two teams making major changes for '92, eh? I'm gonna guess...Nuggets and Claymores.

Also, good work with Boston!

I agree on the Nuggets but I think the other change will come out of left field..maybe the Stingers?

Please make it the nuggets! I really need a boost due to the sharks awful performance against the Oilers in real life and the nuggets horrible excuse for hockey in this thread... and they just need it so bad

Liking the numbers, the logo is solid. I predict that the Claymores and possibly the Spirits will change their looks in '92.

No team needs a logo update more than the Nuggets. When you look at hawkfan89's signature, that logo just looks out of place.

10 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

No team needs a logo update more than the Nuggets. When you look at hawkfan89's signature, that logo just looks out of place.

Not to mention, those colors need a drastic overhaul to boot.

Nuggets for sure need an update. Wouldn't mind if they updated their colors too. A navy and gold would look nice. But that's just my opinion.

Since there's a lot of speculation I can confirm that the Nuggets will be one of the teams rebranding in 1992, and when I say rebrand, I mean a whole new logo and a completely new colour scheme. To be honest, the Nuggets identity has always been my least favorite so personally I'm excited about this one.

17 hours ago, RightGuard said:

When did the right-side paw shoulder patch originate?

The real story is that when I created new uniforms for the Bulldogs for 1967, I actually just forgot to copy the logo to the left side. I went to correct it and then decided I actually like the way it looked. I also felt like it was a cool quirk that a team like Boston with their history and character might have. I never really came up with an actual fictional reason for it though, its just something the team has always had and there's some mystery to it.

1 person likes this

Ooh, a new color scheme, can't wait for the nuggets next year

I think the other team to be making major changes is the Toronto Racers. As much as I would love to see the Spirit update their look, I think the Racers look the most dated of all the teams.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, eick74 said:

I think the other team to be making major changes is the Toronto Racers. As much as I would love to see the Spirit update their look, I think the Racers look the most dated of all the teams.

That's my pick too...their upgrade I think will mirror the Bruins' upgrade in the early 90s.

While we're talking about rebrands, I suggest the Wizards do a minor one and drop the roundel part of their logo, leaving just the wizard head. It'd definitely clean it up a bit.