hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 1995 Uniform Updates

2,368 posts in this topic

I could see Toronto having a wordmark/logo where Toronto is shaped like an indycar (or some other race car). The first T would be the rear wing and the 1st and final O are the wheels.

After reading some of the feedback, I've made a few tweaks to two of the logos. For Toronto's primary, I've changed the center circle to more of a triangular shape and I've shrunk the R a little bit to try to fix the "inner tube" look. For LA, I adjusted the map of California to make it look more like a map and less like, well...

Toronto3.png.a6355ea3d029726d5830be804432c8ab.pngLA.png.065e0e9aa53ca133a2de732090dcb6f4.png

5 people like this

Yeah, those are both huge upgrades.  Well done.

I love the Wizards wordmark.  It's very Disney, though.  Is there a reason for that, or am I imagining things?

13 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Done. Yeah, It's real disturbing and because I've been desensitized to a lot of it, I forget that a lot of people haven't. Sorry about that.

Ha, I was actually joking.  I mean, yes, reading the description was slightly uncomfortable, but I thought it was an apt, and funny, comparison.

4 hours ago, Veras said:

Yeah, those are both huge upgrades.  Well done.

I love the Wizards wordmark.  It's very Disney, though.  Is there a reason for that, or am I imagining things?

Ha, I was actually joking.  I mean, yes, reading the description was slightly uncomfortable, but I thought it was an apt, and funny, comparison.

It wasn't intentional but I can see it too now that you mention it. The jerseys sort of have a similar vibe. I think it's the stars.

I never got to comment on the logos, but man I'm so glad Los Angeles and Toronto updated their looks. I'm pretty sure most of the GHL teams hadn't updated their logos until the 90s came along (with a few exceptions). Also, marked improvements on those updates. It's kinda weird that there's a California team yet the Wizards have a secondary featuring the state itself. Holding out for Detroit and St. Louis to upgrade.

My first response to the new uniforms "Oh the sheer 90sness of it all! so cheesy yet so awesome at the same time!" I'm loving LA and Toronto's new looks, The Racers were due for a new look. Though I'm not quite sold on Edmonton's new look. But overall, terrific job.