hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 2004-05 Regular Season

6 minutes ago, Veras said:

The Civics did 9/11.  Why else would they all have left the city on that day!?!?

#Loose(Line)Change

The Concordes know, shut it down.

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

The Concordes know, shut it down.

Serious question, though.  The Corcordes won't be changing their name over that, will they?  I mean, they were commercial airliners, but not the same kind, so the connection is a little tenuous, right?

3 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:
The optimistic Civics would also be opening their new training facility in Jersey City at the start of training camp on September 11th. “We’ve had that date circled on our calendar all summer” said head coach Bruce Irvine. “We can’t wait to get started.” 

*Tugs at collar* Uh ok...

4 minutes ago, Veras said:

Serious question, though.  The Corcordes won't be changing their name over that, will they?  I mean, they were commercial airliners, but not the same kind, so the connection is a little tenuous, right?

If this didn't do it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_4590

Then 9/11 certainly won't. I mean, the New York Jets didn't change their name because of 9/11.

3 minutes ago, Veras said:

Probably not. In a few more years the Concorde would stop regular flights, which makes one wonder whether or not the nickname will be seen more as a legacy thing. I'm honestly thinking the most visible change regarding the New York teams would be the Civics retiring their alternates.

13 hours ago, Darknes said:

I feel honored that my character got selected to become a head coach and of my favorite team no less! 

Honestly it never even occurred to me that it was your favorite team, now I'm really glad I made the decision to put him on Boston.

10 hours ago, Ipapterotes said:

Um hawkfan, could you show the spreadsheets that you use to sim a PHL season?

Yes, I'll post a screenshot of the spreadsheet for the 2001-02 regular season once it's simulated. It might not make a lot of sense but I'll try to explain it the best I can.

10 hours ago, Veras said:

10 hours ago, Red Comet said:

If this didn't do it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_4590

Then 9/11 certainly won't. I mean, the New York Jets didn't change their name because of 9/11.

10 hours ago, RightGuard said:

Probably not. In a few more years the Concorde would stop regular flights, which makes one wonder whether or not the nickname will be seen more as a legacy thing. I'm honestly thinking the most visible change regarding the New York teams would be the Civics retiring their alternates.

I don't think the Concordes will ever change the name, though I might work the controversy over it into the storyline. As for the Civics, the third jersey will be modified right after the attacks. The updated jersey will be shown with the 2001-02 uniforms.

I expect the Civics to go full on patriotic over this. The U.S. Flag EVERYWHERE.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:26 AM, Dan O'Mac said:

I expect the Civics to go full on patriotic over this. The U.S. Flag EVERYWHERE.

I expect nothing less.

I would love to see some U.S. flag based uniforms for the civics, it fits in perfectly for the color scheme.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:26 PM, Dan O'Mac said:

There will be a league-wide patch based off the 9/11 ribbon, similar to what was worn in the NBA.

By the way the team info section on the blog has now been brought up to date. It had been a long time since I paid attention to championships and retired numbers. Everything should be there including both expansion clubs and the Spirits, Wizards, and Choppers' new arenas.

why am i always the one who has to revive this topic.

You’re not, hawkfan is. He’ll post when he can, a project like this takes an extraordinary amount of time and this  thread isn’t the only thing in his life.

Speaking of that...........

and i'm not saying like actual "get back to work" revive, just a "Keep it from being locked due to inactivity" revive. i can wait. just need to keep it active.

9 minutes ago, HereComesThax said:

and i'm not saying like actual "get back to work" revive, just a "Keep it from being locked due to inactivity" revive. i can wait. just need to keep it active.

We all appreciate the enthusiasm but sometimes these concept threads, on the Sports Fanfiction and the regular main concept board, stall due to people's lives, creative block, etc. This thread's been going on for almost 3 years now and has amassed a large following, so it won't get locked because no one posted for like a week. I don't know if you are on other boards with policies that require threads to be uber-active, but here if a thread is quiet for a while, it's not that big of a deal. Just let the thread air itself out, and hawkfan will be back when he's ready with more content. If you have a question or critique of something, that's great, but bumping to bump is frowned upon. 

(Same thing with the AFA thread, no need to bump)

It's not going to get locked after a week. Let's just keep things in perspective.

Hey guys, sorry about my absence but it has been a very busy few days. 2001-02 is simulated and the artwork is finished, I just have half a write-up left to do before I post. I don't want to give anything away but this was a pretty crazy season with a few big surprises.

1 hour ago, HereComesThax said:

I believe it says in the guidelines that if a thread is inactive for too long the mods will lock it but will then unlock it if the author wishes to continue with more work. Like the others said though, I think it would need to be inactive for quite a while. As much as I love this project, it will always take a back seat to work, family, even real-life hockey (I still play regularly). That being said, I am still committed to seeing it through to present-day no matter how long it takes. It just might slow down a little and there might be times when I have to step away for a bit. I do appreciate the enthusiasm from everybody who has followed this project and I want to make sure I'm taking the time to produce quality work for you guys and for myself. 

2001-02 should be up sometime tomorrow. Thanks everybody!

Take your time hawk! We all have busy lives so we understand. And if they don't, then they have bigger problems to sort out than their favorite forum being inactive for a hot second! I've actually started reading this from the beginning again, just to freshen up because I've forgotten some things. This thread has come a long way and you should be proud of the progress you've made! I appreciate your hard work so that for a brief moment, I can forget about my work, life and schedule and read something entertaining! Just a side note, do you have a history of each teams logos, jerseys on another site? The art from the beginning of the blog is all gone on this forum. 

8 hours ago, officerpain138 said:

Take your time hawk! We all have busy lives so we understand. And if they don't, then they have bigger problems to sort out than their favorite forum being inactive for a hot second! I've actually started reading this from the beginning again, just to freshen up because I've forgotten some things. This thread has come a long way and you should be proud of the progress you've made! I appreciate your hard work so that for a brief moment, I can forget about my work, life and schedule and read something entertaining! Just a side note, do you have a history of each teams logos, jerseys on another site? The art from the beginning of the blog is all gone on this forum. 

Thanks man! to answer your question, I used to use photobucket to post images but not only did they begin charging, they removed all the photos from forums etc until people paid to have them there. I am now using Imgur but haven't uploaded everything yet. I do plan to slowly go through the thread and replace the photos as well at some point.

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE IM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE!