hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 2005 Off-Season

Also, how's Dallas doing financially? They've been mediocre at best so far and if the Metros have taught us anything it's that Dallas isn't interested in mediocre hockey.

21 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:

I think realignment will come right after the Grey Wolves and Twisters unveil their new uniforms, just before the off-season post. This way I can use Seattle's new logo in the graphic. There will be more on expansion in the off-season news including an updated list of cities.

Seattle is definitely overdue for a new uniform set and has been for at least a decade. Kansas City getting an update though? This has gotta be good. 

1 hour ago, Scout586 said:

Also, how's Dallas doing financially? They've been mediocre at best so far and if the Metros have taught us anything it's that Dallas isn't interested in mediocre hockey.

Yes, if Dallas doesn't move up in the standings soon, they could be at risk.

1 hour ago, Scout586 said:

Dallas is not doing great financially, but the difference is their current owner, Clint Love, is one of the wealthiest men in the United States so he can basically keep the team afloat on his own. Whether or not he'll always want to is the big question. Right now he is committed to making it work in Dallas but they'll need to make a push for the playoffs very soon.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Seattle is definitely overdue for a new uniform set and has been for at least a decade. Kansas City getting an update though? This has gotta be good. 

I'm fairly happy with Seattle's new look. The colours will be mostly the same with black added. Besides the colours though it will be a completely different look. KC is only making slight changes to the logo and getting updated jerseys in part to mark their 10th anniversary. Colours will remain the same except for a larger emphasis on blue. The basic look won't be all that different though.

Maybe Dallas will be this world's version of Atlanta.

GO JACKS!!!!

Between @Veras's AFA and your PHL, I've had a good few weeks of reading on these boards. 

Really like what you've got going on here @hawkfan89. Love the 90s jerseys especially. Was sad that Nova Scotia moved but I'm sure the PHL will see another Canadian team one day. 

I particularly like Washington's current look. Kind of reminds me of the Battalion but a much better uniform for sure!

On 10/2/2017 at 9:08 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

Wow...the Wolves are going BFBS I see. Too bad, their current look has quietly been one of the best logos in the PHL for a long time now. 

The Wolves are another team that will more than likely go back to the classic look eventually, probably around the early 2010s.

21 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Between @Veras's AFA and your PHL, I've had a good few weeks of reading on these boards. 

Really like what you've got going on here @hawkfan89. Love the 90s jerseys especially. Was sad that Nova Scotia moved but I'm sure the PHL will see another Canadian team one day. 

I particularly like Washington's current look. Kind of reminds me of the Battalion but a much better uniform for sure!

Thanks man! the 90s have been one of my favorite decades to design uniforms for. I'm glad you're enjoying the series!

Grey Wolves, Twisters Unveil New Uniforms

Since taking over as General Manager of the Seattle Grey Wolves in 1991, Bobby Vail  had always wanted to update the team's look. The opportunity finally came in 1998 as Seattle unveiled a new logo and new uniforms for the first time in franchise history. The new logo features a snarling wolf while the uniforms retain the Grey and Green color scheme with Black added. "The new look is definitely more aggressive and intimidating, I think it suits the group we have very well" said Vail.

SEAlogos.thumb.png.6c8ca7c781666cd1d96e1b911795c40b.png

SEAunis.thumb.png.f48e71037a0ebc15510fdbf50f158b90.png

Kansas City also updated their uniforms as part of their tenth anniversary celebration. The logo remains similar to the original with the colors rearranged and the text removed. The uniforms have been updated to feature a unique striping pattern on each shoulder meant to resemble a tornado. 

KClogos.thumb.png.a26f06ad1666d4ec4b811c4066e486e7.png

KCunis.thumb.png.cde489a4df8d3aac257bb07dd1514e86.png

The Twisters also unveiled a tenth anniversary logo, which will be worn on the front corner of the jersey. The Miami Stingrays also unveiled their tenth anniversary logo, which will also be worn on the front corner of the uniform.

KC10.thumb.png.3f65edabfcf5dbfee50ca78c5ffe1e86.pngMia10.thumb.png.60aa9925567dd2c7f75404508d580321.png

Finally, three more teams unveiled third jerseys for the 1998-99. The Toronto Racers, Dallas Desperadoes, and Edmonton Northern Lights all added alternate uniforms. Meanwhile, the California Nuggets retired their black road uniforms, making their popular teal alternates the new road jerseys.

98alts.thumb.png.f76fba87b845f62708b2dbb524acd98b.png

Dallas' third jersey looks very Thrashers-esque.  A sign of things to come, maybe?

4 minutes ago, Moser316 said:

Dallas' third jersey looks very Thrashers-esque.  A sign of things to come, maybe?

Haha that was a last-minute addition after all the talk of them being this league's Thrashers. We'll see what happens, these next two or three seasons will be critical for this team.

Seattle's new jerseys make me want to follow them more, definitely one of the best, though I prefer the secondary over the primary logo. I can definitely see Dallas becoming the Thrashers, which would be more hilarious if they move and Houston gets expansion and does extremely well. When will the next expansion take place?

1 minute ago, CodeG said:

Seattle's new jerseys make me want to follow them more, definitely one of the best, though I prefer the secondary over the primary logo. I can definitely see Dallas becoming the Thrashers, which would be more hilarious if they move and Houston gets expansion and does extremely well. When will the next expansion take place?

2001-02 is the target season for the two new teams to start. The bids will be announced this off-season, the expansion committee will take place in the summer of 1999, the cities will likely be announced just prior to the 1999-00 season. That will give the winning cities two years to come up with names and logos. Also, realignment will happen this off-season. I've already settled on the new divisions, I just need to finish the graphic.

I just thought of something, since Ottawa is without a team and is by all means a major hockey market. What if the Toronto Racers moved their minor league team to Ottawa and named them the Ottawa Cavemen? As a reference to the 1981 playoffs.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:48 PM, Scout586 said:

I just thought of something, since Ottawa is without a team and is by all means a major hockey market. What if the Toronto Racers moved their minor league team to Ottawa and named them the Ottawa Cavemen? As a reference to the 1981 playoffs.

I completely forgot about the caveman thing. Dang it now I miss the Beavers!

13 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

That Seattle set is awesome! I was expecting something much different, this looks great. Definitely makes me want to follow them more.

1 hour ago, wentvoltage123 said:

Seattle adding black makes their  unis look a hundred times better.

Thanks guys! I think the black works well for now. I can see them keeping at least some black permanently even when they eventually return to a more classic look.

LOVE 'em...ALL of 'em!

In fact, I would not be at all surprised to see the Racers' navy alternate become their new primary in the future...

11 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:

I completely forgot about the caveman thing. Dang it now I miss the Beavers!

If/When Ottawa gets another team, I'd love to see an alternate with a beaver dressed like a caveman wielding a hockey stick like a club.