hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: Atlantic Division Uniforms, Stingers New Look Unveiled

17 hours ago, AndesMts27 said:

Yes Bulldogs!! What a series!! I guess I'll need an updated signature with the new championship on it now haha!! GO BULLDOGS!!

Here ya go! ;

Boston2.png.05410f70a8037919ba3b83c093ee1822.png

So I have an update regarding some of the new looks for '93-94. Originally, Calgary, Pittsburgh, and Long Island were supposed to have new looks for this season. Unfortunately, I'm really struggling to get the Stingers and Concordes to look the way I want. In both cases the logos are pretty much done, It's the jersey designs I'm having a hard time with, as well as the new colours for Long Island. What I've decided to do is push those two teams back to '94-95 for the new designs. Calgary will go ahead with their new look along with Quebec and New York. There will also be anniversary logos for seven teams unveiled this off-season as well as names and wordmarks for our expansion teams, so it will be a busy off-season in terms of new artwork.

The anticipation is killing me for the Concordes!!!

Great to see the Bulldogs put another spike in their collar! That's a good-looking banner :D Keep up the good work hawkfan!

Glad to see there's gonna be an off-season chock full of new looks. Going to a tangent, I was determining color values and I was having difficulties getting Kansas City's blue down for a while. I have its RGB value as (0, 126, 255), which was the most consistent one I was able to procure. Am I right or am I wrong?

Three Teams Unveil New Looks

With new trends in clothing and culture in general continuing to take over with young people in the 1990s, the summer of 1993 proved to be a busy one for the PHL, as teams were determined to keep their brands up to date. 

The Calgary Wranglers made some fairly significant updates, though the basic concept of their main logo stayed the same. The logo still features a sheriff's star with a stylized letter "C" in the center, but the mark has been modernized with a strand of barbed wire wrapped around it, while the colours have been changed from black and orange to black, copper, and silver. The team will continue to wear white at home, but will now wear a primarily black sweater one the road.

CGYlogos.thumb.png.aa04c81da790d0c431aecd6e5e460683.png

CGYunis.thumb.png.29653d762116c894d9f7013def0f29fb.png

1993 was a very exciting time for the New York Civics, as Broadway House, the largest entertainment facility in the world, was slated to open in October, with the Civics home-opener serving as the opening act. Wanting to look their best for a new era in the city and the team's history, the Civics unveiled new uniforms and an updated logo. The colour scheme remains basically the same except with black added as a new trim colour. The logo continues team tradition with the initials "NYC" superimposed over a star, but with a much more modern look.

NYlogos.thumb.png.1514229ae2074d81c285ed14a91b8d0d.png

NYunis.thumb.png.2290ada43fcc8fe921df5aa0f986c6e9.png

Finally, the Quebec Nationale revealed perhaps one of the oddest-looking logos - and jerseys - in PHL history. While the colour scheme of blue, black, and white remains fully intact, the primary logo has been updated to more of a "3D" look. However, it was the alternate logo that had everyone talking. A fleur de lis made to look like a goalie. Fans immediately nicknamed it the "Fleur-goal-lis". The uniforms both feature angled striping patterns reaching all the way up one side under the arm.

QUElogos.thumb.png.007a2bd85292dccf45c55d26da19c0f6.png

QUEunis.thumb.png.1d281723e917d73e49de897080443de3.png

In other branding news, several teams unveiled anniversary logos in 1993. The 1993-94 season would mark 25 years since the merger and so five of the six clubs would wear commemorative patches to celebrate. The exception was Vancouver, as the team owners considered the Bighorns to be the same franchise that had played briefly in the 1940s. In addition to the five former GHL franchises, Seattle would celebrate 20 years in the league, while Washington would celebrate 20 years since relocating to DC from Hamilton.

anniversaries.thumb.png.9e33f35082ecb8c8bac89b546f401555.png

On 5/27/2017 at 10:34 PM, New York's Greatest said:

Told you

We are pretty good at this predicting thing.

Awesome new looks (And PLEASE tell me that the fleur-de-goal-lis is gonna be front-and-center on a third jersey when you introduce them...I would SERIOUSLY buy any merch with that on it IRL)

2 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Awesome new looks (And PLEASE tell me that the fleur-de-goal-lis is gonna be front-and-center on a third jersey when you introduce them...I would SERIOUSLY buy any merch with that on it IRL)

Thanks! and don't worry, I already have an alt planned with that logo on it;)

Beautiful updates. Calgary's probably my favorite of the bunch overall, but Québec's alternate logo and jerseys are so wild I can't help but love them.

I would definitely buy a Civics jersey if they existed, great updates for all the teams. I wouldn't see Quebec's design lasting long, possibly reverting back to their old look by the end of the 90s or early 2000s, as they are some wild uniforms.

Civics look like the 90s Rangers if they had completely adopted the Statue of Liberty logo (quite fond of this look for the Civics) The Nationale have a mix of the Nordiques and the Gorton's Fisherman Islanders logo. Calgary just has an Oilers vibe could look for though my least favorite is Quebec

All those new looks make you a certified beautician bud!

I've wondered for a while, but never got around to asking - does the NYC in the Civics' logo stand for New York City, or New York Civics? I've always assumed City, but the way @New York's Greatest said it by saying "it's like how the 90s Rangers would look if they adopted Lady Liberty full-time" I started to think that it was Civics instead. Huh. 

RE: The new looks - Wrangers are beautiful, NYC is a big downgrade (not a fan of the black), and Montreal is 90s-tastic. Nice touch where the angled stripe on the shirt matches the angled gold strip on the logo. Hopefully we see a gold third for Montreal when those roll around, with the goal-de-lis front and center?

Edited by Magic Dynasty
accidentally put rangers instead of wranglers - I guess NYR was on my mind

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I've wondered for a while, but never got around to asking - does the NYC in the Civics' logo stand for New York City, or New York Civics? I've always assumed City, but the way @New York's Greatest said it by saying "it's like how the 90s Rangers would look if they adopted Lady Liberty full-time" I started to think that it was Civics instead. Huh. 

RE: The new looks - Rangers are beautiful, NYC is a big downgrade (not a fan of the black), and Montreal is 90s-tastic. Nice touch where the angled stripe on the shirt matches the angled gold strip on the logo. Hopefully we see a gold third for Montreal when those roll around, with the goal-de-lis front and center?

Arguably NYC stands for both though most likely it's New York Civics and is a happy/intentional coincidence. Also I do agree black isn't the best option for them I think silver fits better myself...though that is technically the exact same thing as what the Rangers did IRL in the 90s 

NYC stands for both New York Civics and New York City, though it primarily stands for Civics. As for the uniforms, The black in the Civics' identity won't last, the team will update to a more classic look likely around the late 2000s or the early 2010s. For Quebec, There will be a third jersey coming eventually with the new alternate logo on it. Quebec will also return to a more classic look probably in about ten years, likely something similar to what they wore during the dynasty years in the '60s.

Thank you for your feedback everyone! Hopefully I'll have the off-season post up soon.

I like the updates. Now you just need to update the image in your signature.

2 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I like the updates. Now you just need to update the image in your signature.

Thanks! I'll probably change the sig once the expansion teams are added next season