hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: Atlantic Division Uniforms, Stingers New Look Unveiled

Love the Concordes signature! Thanks for making it!

No problem guys! Just finishing up New Orleans, hoping to have them ready by tomorrow. In the meantime, here are the new All-Star jerseys for the upcoming season;

All-Stars.thumb.png.e7ec61ec140089cd08dcdf324c9f8b36.png

1 hour ago, hawkfan89 said:

No problem guys! Just finishing up New Orleans, hoping to have them ready by tomorrow. In the meantime, here are the new All-Star jerseys for the upcoming season;

All-Stars.thumb.png.e7ec61ec140089cd08dcdf324c9f8b36.png

Since mullet-man Crowley is represented here, it's fair to ask: is he on track for a hall of fame career or does he need to add a ring to his resume?

Also, interesting how the representatives were the #1 and #2 pick in the '86 draft. Kind of makes you wonder how the #3 pick turned out...

14 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Since mullet-man Crowley is represented here, it's fair to ask: is he on track for a hall of fame career or does he need to add a ring to his resume?

Also, interesting how the representatives were the #1 and #2 pick in the '86 draft. Kind of makes you wonder how the #3 pick turned out...

The number three pick was New York Civics captain Aaron Duplacy, who is also a perennial all-star. The 1986 draft, as predicted, is definitely one of the strongest drafts in league history, probably second only to the 1968 draft. Several current franchise players were pick in '86.

New Orleans Sound Unveil Identity

At the conclusion of the 1995 Lewis Cup playoffs, the newly relocated New Orleans Sound finally unveiled their much-anticipated logo and uniforms. The primary logo is a trumpet featuring the team name in the team colors of gold, purple, and green. The secondary logo features a stylized treble clef on a music staff, while the tertiary logo, which will be used on the shoulders of the uniforms, simply features the treble clef on its own. The home jersey is white trimmed in purple, gold, and green, while the road jersey is purple, trimmed in gold and green. Both jerseys feature a waist stripe stylized to look like a music staff. "Overall, I'm happy with the look" said owner Sam Bendt. "The delay in the move gave us a lot more time than we had anticipated to come up with the right identity and we're happy with how it turned out."

NOlogos.thumb.png.42338ed96f19303152b8ca4f63e14588.png

NOunis.thumb.png.01516da2322259be1e6056e41b868ba1.png

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!  I want that logo to stay for the ENTIRE timeline...I think the Sounds will be my next favorite team (after the Chops, Cosmos and Northern Lights)

22 minutes ago, hawkfan89 said:

At the conclusion of the 1995 Lewis Cup playoffs, the newly relocated New Orleans Sound finally unveiled their much-anticipated logo and uniforms. The primary logo is a trumpet featuring the team name in the team colors of gold, purple, and green. The secondary logo features a stylized treble clef on a music staff, while the tertiary logo, which will be used on the shoulders of the uniforms, simply features the treble clef on its own. The home jersey is white trimmed in purple, gold, and green, while the road jersey is purple, trimmed in gold and green. Both jerseys feature a waist stripe stylized to look like a music staff. "Overall, I'm happy with the look" said owner Sam Bendt. "The delay in the move gave us a lot more time than we had anticipated to come up with the right identity and we're happy with how it turned out."

this just screams 90's.. can't wait till the 90's are over and we get back to normal jersyes.   :):):)  

IMG_7146.JPG.d7ef1b9f752163e3e2e01cfb6c5b1f17.JPG

The logos are incredible. I've got to say that you've really come a long way in the quality of the logos recently.

The uniforms are very 90's, in a "kill it with fire" kind of way. I look forward to the day that those are gone, though I acknowledge that they'll be a fun throwback. 

I don't know why but the Sound kind of reminds me of the Coyotes, both in history and in uniform. They both moved from smaller Canadian markets both impacted by the falling price of the Canadian dollar to a non-hockey market. Both have the unique bottom stripe, with the music staff and the kachina stripe. All in all, The uniforms look great for the 90s and we all hope they get vastly redesigned after the 90s are over.

Mmmm, that New Orleans logo looks great. Makes me glad that there's a (fictional) sports team correctly paying homage to the best genre of music. Still, I wonder if the Sound will stay in the Northeast Division for the time being.

1 hour ago, MBurmy said:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!  I want that logo to stay for the ENTIRE timeline...I think the Sounds will be my next favorite team (after the Chops, Cosmos and Northern Lights)

Thanks! It still remains to be seen how long the Sound will last in New Orleans. If they do last until now I can picture them trying some kind of "fauxback" look in the 2010s, like the lightning or hurricanes, but I think this logo will last for a while anyway.

1 hour ago, MSO94 said:

this just screams 90's.. can't wait till the 90's are over and we get back to normal jersyes.   :):):)  

I think you'll enjoy the present-day uniforms when they come. I'm hoping the 2010s will be the best decade for jerseys. The 2000s unfortunately will be a not-so-great decade for uniforms. dark and muted colors, and of course everyone's favorite, piping.  By the end of the 00s though you'll start to see some retro unis and things will start to look a little better.

1 hour ago, Veras said:

The logos are incredible. I've got to say that you've really come a long way in the quality of the logos recently.

The uniforms are very 90's, in a "kill it with fire" kind of way. I look forward to the day that those are gone, though I acknowledge that they'll be a fun throwback. 

Thanks! It means a lot to know my work is improving. I agree with the "kill it with fire" sentiment haha. Sometimes the most fun uniforms to design are the ugly ones (one of my other favorites was the original orange "tracksuit" uniforms that the Concordes wore). Like I said above I think the uniforms for all the teams will look a lot better as we get closer to present-day.

1 hour ago, Mercy_King said:

I don't know why but the Sound kind of reminds me of the Coyotes, both in history and in uniform. They both moved from smaller Canadian markets both impacted by the falling price of the Canadian dollar to a non-hockey market. Both have the unique bottom stripe, with the music staff and the kachina stripe. All in all, The uniforms look great for the 90s and we all hope they get vastly redesigned after the 90s are over.

The Coyotes were part of the inspiration for this team, as well as the Hurricanes with the storm flags lining the bottom. The logo was very loosely inspired by the old St. Louis Blues shoulder patch, which also featured a trumpet.

34 minutes ago, RightGuard said:

Mmmm, that New Orleans logo looks great. Makes me glad that there's a (fictional) sports team correctly paying homage to the best genre of music. Still, I wonder if the Sound will stay in the Northeast Division for the time being.

As awkward as it sounds, I think the team will stay in the Northeast just until the Ottawa situation is figured out. If the Beavers relocate, there could be a fairly significant realignment so the league would probably rather wait and see what happens there.

There's still more crazy uniforms coming up, LA and Edmonton are making big changes. Toronto's new unis are pretty tame, just a much-needed update. I hope to have those up early in the week.

596c061a1ed71_yesperfect.png.ec7054f23d6a71e1a2c80330d1eb6e1a.png

Also, question... which '90s logos/uniforms do you think will last the longest into the new millennium?

6 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:

Cool Uniforms and Logos

I can see where you got the inspiration for this uniform. I can only imagine that any alternate they'd have would be even more over the top. 

WTF Blues.jpg

The colors remind me slightly of the Mighty Ducks jerseys. Minus the gold. They're a solid look! Can't wait for LA and Edmonton!

16 hours ago, CentralCentaur said:

I just say no to the white pants on the all star jerseys. When the Kings did that with the stadium series jerseys it was horrendous.

Horrendous is not even a harsh enough word.

The Cajun would've been good one but I'm in love with look of the Sound