hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: Atlantic Division Uniforms, Stingers New Look Unveiled

and so, Alberta became a wasteland devoid of well-designed hocked uniforms. (the concepts still look great though, props)

As a traditionalist I much prefer the old Pioneers logo as I liked it being one of those logos that never changed

14 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Winnepeg is the biggest upgrade yet! Also 4 Black jerseys in the same division, sheesh, bfbs is actually suffocating at this point.

Yeah the abundance of black in the North is pretty draining. Maybe in the future Calgary or Edmonton can shy away from it.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:09 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

I definitely prefer the new Pioneers logo. Much more of a “pioneer” vibe with the coonskin. Definitely a good idea to upgrade that to the primary. All the minor changes look good! 

On 8/7/2018 at 11:34 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Winnepeg is the biggest upgrade yet! Also 4 Black jerseys in the same division, sheesh, bfbs is actually suffocating at this point.

23 hours ago, Cardinal said:

As a traditionalist I much prefer the old Pioneers logo as I liked it being one of those logos that never changed

The Pioneers will probably keep the new "P" for just about a decade or so. After that I can see a return to a modernized version of the original logo. I may adjust the shade of the brown on the Pioneers jerseys too, as it is very dark and seems to be getting confused with black.

21 hours ago, RightGuard said:

Yeah the abundance of black in the North is pretty draining. Maybe in the future Calgary or Edmonton can shy away from it.

Calgary will eventually be returning to orange as their primary colour, possibly as soon as 2010, while Edmonton will probably return to blue eventually. Once the retro trend hits full swing by the end of the 2000s, you'll start to see black disappear.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Central Division is up next and will be the first division to feature a full rebrand. I should have it up by the end of the day.

Bulls Unveil New Logo, Central Division Uniforms Revealed

The Denver Bulls unveiled their new logos on July 15, 2005. The new logo is a nod to the classic Bull's logo, featuring a buffalo head once again, while the red and green color scheme returns with black added as an accent. Overall, the logos and uniforms are a very modern version of the basic look the Bulls had during the 1970s and '80s. While many fans liked the refreshed look, others mocked it, referring to the robotic looking primary logo as the "Robull". "I guess the new uniforms are alright" said one fan, "but what was so wrong with the classic ones from the '80s?"  Team owner Jason Kirkpatrick was confident about the new look, yet understood some fans' desire to go retro. "We had some tough years in the 1990s and so when I took over the team I decided I wanted to take our appearance in a new direction, while still paying tribute to the past." said Kirkpatrick. "I love the old '80s look too, that's what I grew up with. Maybe one day it will return in some capacity."

RYlJo94.png

The Bulls new uniforms were unveiled alongside the rest of the Central Division uniforms as Duke Sports continued to roll out their league-wide redesign. While Chicago remained unchanged, St. Louis and Dallas made minor changes to the design of their jerseys, while Kansas City introduced striping on their uniforms reminiscent of their original uniforms from 1989.

PGWHfwz.jpg

Oh Denver, it was so good until the black. Oh well, just glad the return of the classic colors are here at last. Everything else looks good. I like that KC added the “Twisters” back to the uniform. And StL looks good.

I actually, in a strange way, love the Bulls logo.

Posted (edited)

I just noticed the Twisters sweaters have brought the wordmark back. Pretty clever. And did the Wizards get rid of their shoulder logo?

Edited by RightGuard
Add question

The colors are an upgrade but the logo is a thumbs down from me, Atleast it seems somewhat realistic. I do love the new central division look. Especially KC! Can’t wait to see the rest.

Im very mixed on the Bulls new look. For one, I love the red and green and the wordmark but on the other hand that logo is...eh. And IMO the primary dosn't have enough green, maybe make the horns green? All and all good job on the Central!

Denver is woah... definitely prefer the retro, but I think it fits the time period very well... but that logo... yikes...

RoBull ain't saving Denver from last place in the Central (and the whole league IMO).

Also, that secondary would make me think the team should be called the firebulls.

18 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

The colors are an upgrade but the logo is a thumbs down from me, Atleast it seems somewhat realistic. I do love the new central division look. Especially KC! Can’t wait to see the rest.

That KC look is really good. I want that to be permanent like how the MLB Rockies haven't changed since day 1. Really lopming forward to Houston

The secondary makes me think dumpster fire, even though it’s round. But I’m not sure that isn’t what you were going for.

3 hours ago, Veras said:

The secondary makes me think dumpster fire, even though it’s round. But I’m not sure that isn’t what you were going for.

Well the Bulls have been a dumpster fire lately...

I'm gonna stick around and enjoy the ride for as long as the "RoboBull" lasts...as several have said, it's the PHL version of the "Buffaslug" (everybody loves the return to the classic color scheme, but most can't stand the new logo...so the classic one will eventually come back.)

On 8/9/2018 at 2:49 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

Oh Denver, it was so good until the black. Oh well, just glad the return of the classic colors are here at last. Everything else looks good. I like that KC added the “Twisters” back to the uniform. And StL looks good.

I actually, in a strange way, love the Bulls logo.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, BellaSpurs said:

19 hours ago, Cardinal said:

Im very mixed on the Bulls new look. For one, I love the red and green and the wordmark but on the other hand that logo is...eh. And IMO the primary dosn't have enough green, maybe make the horns green? All and all good job on the Central!

7 hours ago, MBurmy said:

I'm gonna stick around and enjoy the ride for as long as the "RoboBull" lasts...as several have said, it's the PHL version of the "Buffaslug" (everybody loves the return to the classic color scheme, but most can't stand the new logo...so the classic one will eventually come back.)

The Bulls new logo is meant to be a parody of not only the buffaslug, but other bad logos of the era where the obvious choice was right in front of the team and they still ignored it and came up with something the fans really didn't like. I actually don't mind the primary that much personally, but I will confirm that the Bulls will return to an updated version of the classic buffalo head by decade's end.

17 hours ago, TargetToad said:

RoBull ain't saving Denver from last place in the Central (and the whole league IMO).

Also, that secondary would make me think the team should be called the firebulls.

16 hours ago, Veras said:

I forgot to explain, the secondary is meant to be a branding iron. The execution probably could've been better though. I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with something better.

17 hours ago, TargetToad said:

That KC look is really good. I want that to be permanent like how the MLB Rockies haven't changed since day 1. Really lopming forward to Houston

Glad you like it! The good news is I don't currently have any plans for the Twisters to ever change their logo.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:45 PM, RightGuard said:

I just noticed the Twisters sweaters have brought the wordmark back. Pretty clever. And did the Wizards get rid of their shoulder logo?

I forgot to include that in the story when the Pacific jerseys were unveiled. The Wizards discarded the pentagram star logo as it proved to be offensive to several religious groups. There may be another secondary logo in the future and there is a strong possibility that the dynasty era jersey will return as an alternate in the near future as well.

Generals Unveil New Logo, South Division Uniforms Unveiled

The Washington Generals became the second team to undergo a full rebrand in a busy summer for PHL uniforms. The Generals revisit their past with the new logo, which is an update on the original logo used from 1974 to 1996, featuring a star contained within a circle, similar to a military decal. The popular secondary logo also returns, featuring a five-star general's badge with tributes to DC imagery including the Pentagon, the White House, and the Washington Monument contained inside and forming a "W". One of the key differences in the new look is the colors. The team colors are now simply olive green and white. Gold is removed from the palette for the first time as is black. GM Dawson Robb was the man primarily behind the redesign, and his staff began working with Duke on the new look as early as 2003. "I wanted our look to reflect the great years this franchise had when it first came to DC, while also advancing it as we continue into the 21st Century" said Robb. "I think we've achieved that here. We've taken some beloved old logos and modernized them. I'm excited about this look." The fans were clearly excited about it too, as hats and t-shirts featuring the new logo sold out in minutes.

IqBc2v4.png

About a week after the Generals unveiled their new logo, their new uniforms were unveiled along with the rest of the South Division. The Generals jerseys have a traditional, timeless feel, while the other much-anticipated uniform, that of the newly relocated Houston Roughnecks, has a much more modern look, featuring oil drops on both sleeves and a 3D effect on the numbers. To the disappointment of some, the Miami Stingrays stuck with black as their home jersey color, but promise of a new third jersey in 2006-07 immediately led to speculation of a teal comeback. Carolina's new jerseys retained the basic design from before but now featured a pirate flag design on the sleeves with the numbers moved to the shoulders. Atlanta, only entering their fifth year of existence, simply carried their previous design to the new template.

UdjLQFM.jpg

Man these new jerseys have been killer. I know I've been harping on the BFBS trend, but I can't fault it considering that in a few years we'll be getting a ton of throwback designs. Even Denver's new logo I kinda like in a so bad it's good way.