hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: New Alternate Uniforms Unveiled

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hawkfan89 said:

 

 

Oakland has their new core in place, Justin Ramsey and Ilya Zhinovjev are the centerpieces but they just need some time to mature while the team builds around them. I see the Nuggets contending again by the end of the decade. And I don't think you're alone in your dislike for Boston. Like the real-life Bruins, I've always kind of designed the Bulldogs to be that team you either love or hate. 

 

 

I can do that. I'll send it to your inbox when it's done.

 

 

I am almost ready to make the official post for Houston. Still trying to get the colour scheme right but I'm almost there. The name and logo will be unveiled first, the jerseys will be unveiled when the new uniforms for the rest of the league are unveiled.

 

So this will probably be another long off-season unfortunately, mainly because of the new uniforms. They are all done except for a few final touches, but they will also need to be plugged into the playoff template, which takes a while to do. What I plan on doing is showing the new uniforms first, followed by the off-season post. 

You probably already said this, but are there any teams going for a complete overhaul besides the sound? Excited to see the new uniforms! Also congrats to the chops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Future said:

Is Houston a exspanion team 

No they aren't, the New Orleans Sound is relocating there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, BellaSpurs said:

You probably already said this, but are there any teams going for a complete overhaul besides the sound? Excited to see the new uniforms! Also congrats to the chops.

 

Most teams will keep the basic idea of their look intact, with some making changes to the jersey designs. Washington, Pittsburgh, and Denver will be rebranding completely with new logos, uniforms, and new colour scemes for Washington and Denver. Cleveland is also getting a new, more modern logo and updated jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hawkfan89 said:

 

Most teams will keep the basic idea of their look intact, with some making changes to the jersey designs. Washington, Pittsburgh, and Denver will be rebranding completely with new logos, uniforms, and new colour scemes for Washington and Denver. Cleveland is also getting a new, more modern logo and updated jerseys.

 

Nice to hear!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 9:40 PM, hawkfan89 said:

 

Most teams will keep the basic idea of their look intact, with some making changes to the jersey designs. Washington, Pittsburgh, and Denver will be rebranding completely with new logos, uniforms, and new colour scemes for Washington and Denver. Cleveland is also getting a new, more modern logo and updated jerseys.

Yes! Red and green making a comeback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denver and Dallas's logos look a lot alike, to be honest with you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, texashockeyfan said:

Denver and Dallas's logos look a lot alike, to be honest with you 

Ya know I was just thinking that! I just got on to see if there were any updates this morning. I always knew the identities had some similarities but the bull over gold backround really look alike. Denver is returning to their roots though with the red and green. Also excited to see what you do with the Generals. They haven’t done much in a few years so maybe a switch to Red/Blue? I hope not! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take away the star on Dallas’ logo and they do look alike.  As for the Houston team, bring on the Texas rivalry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2018 at 11:42 PM, Cardinal said:

Yes! Red and green making a comeback!

5 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Ya know I was just thinking that! I just got on to see if there were any updates this morning. I always knew the identities had some similarities but the bull over gold backround really look alike. Denver is returning to their roots though with the red and green. Also excited to see what you do with the Generals. They haven’t done much in a few years so maybe a switch to Red/Blue? I hope not! 

15 hours ago, texashockeyfan said:

Denver and Dallas's logos look a lot alike, to be honest with you 

 

Denver's "new" colour scheme is certainly inspired by the classic uniforms, but those are still a couple of years away. I would describe the Bulls' new unis as similar to the current capitals, very modern, not really the same as the originals at all, but you can see where the inspiration came from. The plan for Denver though is to eventually return to the classic look. I do also think that the colours will help distinguish them from Dallas a bit.

 

Also the Generals will still feature green as their primary colour, but it will be a bit different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited to see the new jersey template. Though now that it's brought to my mind, how many teams will be abandoning black from their color scheme altogether?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may have been awhile since I've posted, but first of all, congratulations to the Choppers for winning the Lewis Cup, especially for Brad McNair after having to suffer through playing in New Orleans! Speaking of which, I understand that the Sound are moving to Houston, but are there any other storylines heading into the 2005 offseason (Aside from the new uniforms)? I'm also not sure if you have gone over this already, but how do you determine the draft lottery results? Looking forward to seeing the nickname and logo for Houston!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RightGuard said:

So excited to see the new jersey template. Though now that it's brought to my mind, how many teams will be abandoning black from their color scheme altogether?

 

Only one team is actually dropping black, at least that I can think of right now. One team is adding it and a couple of others are making it more prominent. You will see black start to die down closer to 2010 and into the next decade when throwback uniforms become popular.

 

17 hours ago, BengalSteve said:

It may have been awhile since I've posted, but first of all, congratulations to the Choppers for winning the Lewis Cup, especially for Brad McNair after having to suffer through playing in New Orleans! Speaking of which, I understand that the Sound are moving to Houston, but are there any other storylines heading into the 2005 offseason (Aside from the new uniforms)? I'm also not sure if you have gone over this already, but how do you determine the draft lottery results? Looking forward to seeing the nickname and logo for Houston!

 

Lottery results are determined on random.org. I list the bottom team from each division, adding weight to each team as I go down to the bottom team. I then randomize the list to determine the order for the first six picks.

 

As for the off-season, there are a couple of stories already in the works. Despite the Sound relocation, Katrina will still get a mention, and there will be a few other stories that I'll keep a surprise for now;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound Relocate to Houston

 

Shortly after the 2005 Lewis Cup Finals, the news the hockey world had been waiting for finally became official. The New Orleans Sound would relocate for the second time in franchise history, this time to Houston. Billionaire Bernie Cratt had bought the franchise a year earlier with the intention of moving it to Texas. When asked about realignment, commissioner Darryl Byrd said the alignment would stay the same at least for 2005-06, keeping Houston in the east.

Because Cratt had intended to move the team all along, the new name and logo were already prepared. The team would be known as the Houston Roughnecks. The primary logo features a silver oil derrick with an oil drop in the background in the Texas state colors of Red, White, and Blue. Uniforms were not unveiled but Cratt did confirm that the home uniform would be red.

"Nobody works harder than my 'roughnecks'. The name is a tribute to them" said Cratt, who had made his fortune in oil. "Our team will also be proud to wear the colors of our state and our country.

The jerseys will be unveiled at a later date, when the rest of the league officially makes the switch to Duke's new FitLite unform system.

 

                                                       fmCB4P2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome! I love the new colors and name. Very excited for the uniforms!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome, the font fits and the colors mix well. Super clever idea with the hockey sticks! Can’t wait to see the uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston's got the Roughnecks,

The newest hockey team!

We take the puck from goal to goal,

Like no one's ever seen!

 

We're on the ice and in the zone,

Never letting up,

And when you say the Roughnecks,

You're talkin' Lewis Cup

Cause we're the

Houston Roughnecks,

Houston Roughnecks,

Houston Roughnecks Number One!

 

Yes, we're the

Houston Roughnecks,

Houston Roughnecks,

Houston Roughnecks Number One!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now