hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: Nine Teams Unveil Third Jerseys

Ah yes, continuing the time-honored Atlanta hockey tradition of having "ATLANTA" in some weird place on the jersey. I think this is the strongest batch so far; Houston and Washington look great.

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna miss the 90s Generals look. Was always my favorite

Edited by TargetToad
Made the mwssage fit onto one line

Gonna be honest, I expected an oil-based team to go way overboard with the pipe lines.

22 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:
On 8/10/2018 at 2:28 PM, Veras said:

The secondary makes me think dumpster fire, even though it’s round. But I’m not sure that isn’t what you were going for.

I forgot to explain, the secondary is meant to be a branding iron. The execution probably could've been better though. I'll play around with it and see if I can come up with something better.

Oh, I wasn't criticizing the logo, I love it as part of the set.  It's clearly a branding iron, and the execution is perfect in a set containing the RoboBull.  If Denver's lack of success continues - and I now hope that it does for this specific reason - I want the dumpster fire logo to be part of that.

Also, the Generals look great.  I'm particularly impressed that you managed to fit that much symbolism into the secondary.  Why isn't there a green on white version of that logo, though?

Houston’s uniforms look great! The oil drops look great. Love both uniforms. They fit the time well with the piping yet still look good. The south div is the best one yet, particularly because of Miami, but Carolina and Houston look great too. 

Its pretty spectacular that you pulled off Washington. I love the green and white. I hope they keep that the rest of the series. Great logos and uniforms! 

Love the new look for Washington! Though my only gripe is I wish yellow can make a comeback at some point. 

9 hours ago, Cardinal said:

Love the new look for Washington! Though my only gripe is I wish yellow can make a comeback at some point. 

Maybe as an alternatr

Good: throwback night

Bad: NFL-mustard color rush

On 8/11/2018 at 1:41 PM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Ah yes, continuing the time-honored Atlanta hockey tradition of having "ATLANTA" in some weird place on the jersey. I think this is the strongest batch so far; Houston and Washington look great.

You know, the more I look at the "ATLANTA" script, the more I actually really hate it. I think I'll end up getting rid of that.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, TargetToad said:

I'm gonna miss the 90s Generals look. Was always my favorite

I'll miss it too, the eagle logo is actually one of my favorite logos from this entire series, it just got a little too dated to continue at this point (man I miss the 90s, here and in real life!). What makes it easier for me is that I also really loved the Generals classic look so updating that does take a bit of the sting out of losing the eagle. You never know, the eagle may return someday in some form.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:16 AM, Cardsblues02 said:

Houston’s uniforms look great! The oil drops look great. Love both uniforms. They fit the time well with the piping yet still look good. The south div is the best one yet, particularly because of Miami, but Carolina and Houston look great too. 

Its pretty spectacular that you pulled off Washington. I love the green and white. I hope they keep that the rest of the series. Great logos and uniforms! 

I'm glad you like Houston, I wasn't sure how they would be recieved but it seems positive so far. As for Washington, I'm pretty confident right now that they will stick with this look until present day at least for the home/road jerseys. I realized as I was working on them that the Generals have actually never had an alternate jersey before. They did have a desert-coloured camo uniform in the works but it was never used. I think you will see this team introduce some kind of third jersey in the near future.

On 8/11/2018 at 1:39 PM, RightGuard said:

Man these new jerseys have been killer. I know I've been harping on the BFBS trend, but I can't fault it considering that in a few years we'll be getting a ton of throwback designs. Even Denver's new logo I kinda like in a so bad it's good way.

The good news concerning the black is that of the ten remaining teams, there is only one black home jersey left. Though black alternates will of course still be popular, you will start to see black disappear from primary jerseys very soon.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:22 AM, Cardinal said:

I have Washington on my shortlist to host a Holiday Classic game very soon, you can bet you'll see the original olive/yellow jersey for that game. Beyond that, I have a few ideas for an alternate jersey for them but I'm not sure if they'll go full-on retro. I am planning to allow up to four jerseys per team by present-day to allow teams to have both modern and retro alternates. At that point I'm sure you'll see the classic Generals unis make a comeback.

15 hours ago, TargetToad said:

Maybe as an alternatr

Good: throwback night

Bad: NFL-mustard color rush

Don't give me ideas :P

On 8/11/2018 at 11:03 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

Gonna be honest, I expected an oil-based team to go way overboard with the pipe lines.

I initially went a little crazy with the piping actually. In fact, almost every team had it at some point except for the old-time classic teams like Chicago and Detroit. I ended up toning it down quite a bit. I also didn't want to end up redesigning most of the teams again within five seasons and wanted some designs that would last.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:57 AM, Veras said:

Oh, I wasn't criticizing the logo, I love it as part of the set.  It's clearly a branding iron, and the execution is perfect in a set containing the RoboBull.  If Denver's lack of success continues - and I now hope that it does for this specific reason - I want the dumpster fire logo to be part of that.

Also, the Generals look great.  I'm particularly impressed that you managed to fit that much symbolism into the secondary.  Why isn't there a green on white version of that logo, though?

It's all good, I actually sort of created the Bulls overall look to get everyone even more excited about the return to the classic look. 

I did not create a green version of the logo just because the right now the only application is on the pants. If I ever use secondary logos anywhere else I'll probably add a green version.

I've been pretty busy preparing for an upcoming test (first exam of any kind in a decade, should be fun). I hope to get the Atlantic Division up by either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Stingers' New Look, Atlantic Uniforms Unveiled

Much like the Denver Bulls, the Pittsburgh Stingers' 90s look became associated with, at best, mediocre hockey. In the midst of a rebuild in 2005, the Stingers decided to take full advantage of the Duke switchover, introducing a brand new set of logos and uniforms. The new primary logo features an insect - in profile view for the first time - in full-on attack mode. The secondary features the head of the insect while another alternate logo - inspired by the 25th anniversary logo from 1994 - features a honeycomb design. Gone is the cartoonish look from 1994-2005, replaced by an all-around sleek, modern look.

XDbRwMW.png

Besides the major changes in Pittsburgh, changes to the Atlantic Division uniforms were minimal, with most teams not wanting to mess with classic looks. There had been speculation that Boston would return to a black jersey at home, a rumor that proved untrue, though the team confirmed that the black sweater would return as an alternate in 2006-07.

GFQ3Nsb.jpg

Those Stingers logos look so good I can see the OHL Sarina Sting wanting them.

Like pittsburghs update but just curious what the numbers on the black jersey would look like if the number was in yellow and the drop shadow was in white. As is its a bit difficult to see the number.

Pittsburgh looks good. Edgy enough (drop shadow numbers) to look 90s, slick enough to last to current day. (Although i prefer the secondary to the primary)

So I made a very small change to Pittsburgh, I removed the drop shadow from the numbers. Like Cardinal pointed out they were a little hard to make out and the look is a little dated for the 2000s. I also changed the player on the black jersey to Roman Novatny, as I believe he will be more of an impact player for the team than Ryan Osborne.

Oh well; ill miss the drop shadows.

Also, i just realized that wings & body of the stinger form an "S". like how the "3" is formed hereX3_slash.jpg

9 hours ago, hawkfan89 said:

So I made a very small change to Pittsburgh, I removed the drop shadow from the numbers. Like Cardinal pointed out they were a little hard to make out and the look is a little dated for the 2000s. I also changed the player on the black jersey to Roman Novatny, as I believe he will be more of an impact player for the team than Ryan Osborne.

Hopefully that means the Civics will drop that shadow soon too...

21 hours ago, TargetToad said:

Also, i just realized that wings & body of the stinger form an "S". like how the "3" is formed hereX3_slash.jpg

Always thought it was a Z for Zero. The more you know. 

Anyway, I agree that I like the S shape the hornet logo is in. Very nice touch.

On 8/16/2018 at 3:59 PM, TargetToad said:

On 8/17/2018 at 1:35 PM, Red Comet said:

Always thought it was a Z for Zero. The more you know. 

Anyway, I agree that I like the S shape the hornet logo is in. Very nice touch.

The "S" shape was actually not intentional, at least for me, but I'll pretend the team subtly made it that way. Good catch!

On 8/17/2018 at 1:04 AM, MBurmy said:

Hopefully that means the Civics will drop that shadow soon too...

The Civics will probably be one of the teams to go retro by the start of the 2010s, likely returning to something resembling the "Skippy Era" uniforms from the 1950s and '60s, which will not include the drop shadow numbers.

Been a while since I've been here, but wow! My hometown Choppers finally won it all the year I was born! :woot:

On 8/18/2018 at 11:47 PM, RealSkillsAbraham said:

Been a while since I've been here, but wow! My hometown Choppers finally won it all the year I was born! :woot:

They won the year I was born too!