hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: Nine Teams Unveil Third Jerseys

Recommended Posts

Nine Teams Unveil Third Jerseys

 

The PHL took a year off from alternate uniforms while switching over to the Duke FitLite uniform system in 2005-06. In 2006-07, alternates returned in a big way, with nine teams introducing new sweaters in the summer of 2006.
 

RJIVqeh.png

 

Boston, St. Louis, and Oakland's new uniforms are similar to what was worn before the switch. Kansas City's new duds are similar to the previous alternates, but with a new logo. Carolina will wear red for the first time, with a pirate flag stretched across the front, while Edmonton's new jersey is unlike any ever seen in the league, featuring a neon/purple pattern up the left arm with a new logo on the front. Atlanta and Washington will wear alternates for the first time ever, with Atlanta wearing a copper colored jersey with the wordmark "Atlanta" stretched over a red forked tongue, while the Generals will wear camo uniforms. Seattle is the only team to unveil a retro jersey, bringing back their popular Holiday Classic design based on the uniform worn from 1974-1998.

 

More teams are expected to unveil alternate uniforms for the 2007-08 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some classy looks (BOS, STL, SEA) and some...interesting looks (WAS, ATL). Overall some nice designs. 

 

Hope there is more progress made in Houston. I think playoffs within the next 3 years is a fair goal. With such a nice group of young players I hope the Roughnecks bring playoff hockey to H-Town soon! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see the Twisters' and Northern Lights' third jersey logos eventually become the primary ones...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a love/hate relationship with that Edmonton look. I love it for the time period, and it's fun. But on the hate side, it's not something that will age well (as expected, I'm sure), and I don't want to see Nazarenko in that uniform when they look back on his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely see the influence of the Thrashers' motocross alts on that Copperheads jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my, that Edmonton logo is incredible. I actually really like the color scheme, so hopefully they switch to less "out-there" uniforms with that E logo and the same color scheme. I also hope Boston goes back to black primaries in the next few years - it's still strange to see them in red.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 3:40 PM, Raymie said:

That KC sweater is definitely this world's equivalent to the Florida Panthers "double blue"...

 

Yep, let the roundel trend begin!

 

On 11/8/2018 at 4:13 PM, TheHealthiestScratch said:

I wish the nuggets would go back to their original colors, or at least switch out that ugly mustard gold color. It gives me a Predators vibe from their early days.

 

I think the Nuggets will eventually return to the original colours, though probably not the original logo.

 

On 11/8/2018 at 10:58 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

Some classy looks (BOS, STL, SEA) and some...interesting looks (WAS, ATL). Overall some nice designs. 

 

Hope there is more progress made in Houston. I think playoffs within the next 3 years is a fair goal. With such a nice group of young players I hope the Roughnecks bring playoff hockey to H-Town soon! 

 

The Roughnecks should start improving as early as next season. Kaleek and Ewin are both improving and they'll have another high pick this year.

 

On 11/8/2018 at 10:38 PM, TargetToad said:

KC looks like a new. Primary,  logo to go with a new, rebuilding, era of twisters hockey.

 

Also, Edmonton looks so cool. 

On 11/9/2018 at 2:32 AM, MBurmy said:

I could see the Twisters' and Northern Lights' third jersey logos eventually become the primary ones...

23 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Oh my, that Edmonton logo is incredible. I actually really like the color scheme, so hopefully they switch to less "out-there" uniforms with that E logo and the same color scheme. I also hope Boston goes back to black primaries in the next few years - it's still strange to see them in red.

 

I think at best the Twisters' new logo will end up on the should of the home/away. The Northern Lights alternate logo is also unlikely to become the primary as they will likely eventually switch to some kind of modern version of the original logo. As for Boston, a switch back to black homes is definitely happening in the next couple of years.

 

On 11/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, Dan O'Mac said:

I have a love/hate relationship with that Edmonton look. I love it for the time period, and it's fun. But on the hate side, it's not something that will age well (as expected, I'm sure), and I don't want to see Nazarenko in that uniform when they look back on his career.

 

The current Edmonton home/away uniforms will probably be the ones best associated with Nazarenko's career, though they probably will wear the alternates as well for at least the rest of the decade. In a way it's too bad as I think the '90s uniforms were better, it's sort of similar to Crosby playing his best years in the black and beige rbk pens jerseys.

 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:26 AM, Jimmy Lethal said:

Definitely see the influence of the Thrashers' motocross alts on that Copperheads jersey.

 

I can see it too, the biggest influence for the wordmark was actually the Arizona Diamondbacks uniform. I was originally going to put the number on the front but I wanted to avoid too much similarity to the Thrashers. I think the tongue is cooler anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now