Sydney Kings Rebrand - Concept

P34

These are absolutely beautiful! I wish the whole NBL could go down this path instead of being garish and plastered with sponsors.

I'd love to see you do a few more NBL teams, but maybe bring back the Melbourne Tigers instead of the disastrous Melbourne United branding.

Jeez the NBL has no idea how to brand itself. Basketball is so popular in Australia but the NBL has absolutely no idea on how to capitalise on it. They'd be better off going the way that Soccer did and starting fresh with brand new franchises.

Everything is great, but the logo looked at first like a soccer crest. Also, just using the primary lion can only go so far. I would like to see a crown or something as a secondary.

tinysig.jpg

The color scheme works great for a team called the Kings, and you made this set really work. Not too complex, but complex enough that it looks wonderful.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Loving the logo - a long overdue upgrade. Ever since the Kings went bankrupt and the West Sydney Razorbacks became the Sysdny Spirit basketball in Sydney has been a shambles; in need of a major facelift and boost of energy.

Keep it up

Sneaky opera house ear is sneaky.

I like the old colour scheme of purple and yellow better than the gold. Maybe use gold as a highlight preference.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Appreciate the C+C all. I might just go ahead and do the remaining NBL teams. I've done Sydney, Adelaide, Wollongong and Brisbane (though technically they're not in the comp).

Sneaky opera house ear is sneaky.

I like the old colour scheme of purple and yellow better than the gold. Maybe use gold as a highlight preference.

It was just the right amount of sneaky. I was trying to work it in and around until I realised the ear was the right spot. Glad you noticed!

I always like your presentation. On the logo, it's very well done. The line making the mouth seems a little too pencil thin, and the way the mane protrudes out of the shield throws of the overall shape of the logo, but that could just be me since I like symmetry. I think you could still show that there is a mane even if it is confined within the shield. The logo is clean and bold enough that it could work as both the primary (with the KINGS letters) and the partial/secondary without the KINGS letters.

For a concept, this is a terrific start. A little polish, and you'll have something possibly worthy of a CCSLC concept of the year.

You have the right mix of location elements to mascot in your logo. Using the mane as a part of the crest is a terrific move that, frankly, I'm surprised hasn't been done more often. That said, as has been mentioned before, your line consistency needs some work. Finding a happy medium between the 2, and you have one hell of a logo.

as for the jerseys, I'm inclined to agree with what has already been stated. They're a little dark, & a little boring for such a dynamic mark. if I were you, I would spend some time researching regal patterns that you could subtly incorporate into your design.

For a concept, this is a terrific start. A little polish, and you'll have something possibly worthy of a CCSLC concept of the year.

You have the right mix of location elements to mascot in your logo. Using the mane as a part of the crest is a terrific move that, frankly, I'm surprised hasn't been done more often. That said, as has been mentioned before, your line consistency needs some work. Finding a happy medium between the 2, and you have one hell of a logo.

as for the jerseys, I'm inclined to agree with what has already been stated. They're a little dark, & a little boring for such a dynamic mark. if I were you, I would spend some time researching regal patterns that you could subtly incorporate into your design.

Saying it's even remotely worth of CCSLC consideration is a wonderful compliment, so thank you. You've made great points. My original Sydney Kings redesign that I did years ago featured a regal pattern on the back that I think would also work really well here. If these were concepts that were coming to actual fruition then I'd certainly go that extra step. My line consistency is one of the areas I certainly need work in, or just more time. I work at a frantic pace at my office desk when my focus should really be elsewhere!

P34_Sydney-Kings_Road_475px_zps628b0f46.

El Scorcho, my Boomers, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane kits/logo can be found at my Behance page, or my website but I'll paste them below too:

Bullets-Logos-2_zpsdffaaa89.jpg

P34-Brisbane-Bullets-Main-475px_zps02ccf

P34-Adelaide-36ers-Logo_zps1ab87b8d.png

P34_36ers_Main_475px_zps1bdd4fce.png

The Adelaide one was done years ago. I've also done the Wildcats but the logo is hot garbage, so I'll be redoing that one.

https://www.behance.net/projectthirtyfour

http://projectthirtyfour.wix.com/project34

The NBL really, really need to pay attention to this sort of thing.

I'd probably buy a 36ers jersey if it looked like that. Gorgeous!

As I said earlier, the NBL is one of the worst visually branded leagues I can think of. It's just awful. Basketball is quite popular in Australia, but nobody cares about the NBL because they have no idea how to market themselves. This sort of thing would be a great start. These just blow anything ever worn in the NBL out of the water

P34 would you be able to do a Cairn concept at all?

I remember your Bullets set from a few years back, it's still looks as good today.

El Scorcho is right the NBL needs to seriously look at these.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

As I said earlier, the NBL is one of the worst visually branded leagues I can think of. It's just awful. Basketball is quite popular in Australia, but nobody cares about the NBL because they have no idea how to market themselves. This sort of thing would be a great start. These just blow anything ever worn in the NBL out of the water

I can safely say that I was approached by an NBL team to do their jerseys prior to last season. I said yes, they threw an idea at me which was basically a recolour of an existing concept already on the internet. I said that's okay as a start, but that idea has already been done and we can do something unique with it. I didn't hear from them after that.

The team went ahead with the jerseys they requested. Like exactly the same.

There's more I can get into but shouldn't.

I can safely say that I was approached by an NBL team to do their jerseys prior to last season. I said yes, they threw an idea at me which was basically a recolour of an existing concept already on the internet. I said that's okay as a start, but that idea has already been done and we can do something unique with it. I didn't hear from them after that.

There are ways you could.

Basically the NBL is trying to mirror the NBA but can't due to money

You heard about the other Basketball League they're trying to bring in?

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I've just been scanning my emails now. I've remembered it incorrectly. I accepted, then backed out of the design job because working with the team and the new supplier felt like a conflict of interest with my current employer. I then offered to be a consultant of sorts on the design process, they and the new supplier agreed. The team showed me the design they wanted (the previously mentioned design) which I said could stand to be improved...and THEN I never heard from them again.

What other league? Is this the champions league? I just skimmed an article about it. Will it just be the same teams?

Archived