McElroy19's AHL Rebrand (28/30) Updated 7/31 Need Help!

McElroy19

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I missed Yesterday guys I've been working weird hours and it threw of my groove, so I have two today! The Milwaukee Admirals and one of my favorites the Grand Rapids Griffins

l20v7Wk.jpg

---

CGHPNBq.jpg

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Wow! That Admirals logo is sweet. A huge upgrade over their current logo.

That Grand Rapids logo is also a nice upgrade. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the logo you used on your entry for the Griffins jersey design contest?

Wow! That Admirals logo is sweet. A huge upgrade over their current logo.

That Grand Rapids logo is also a nice upgrade. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the logo you used on your entry for the Griffins jersey design contest?

Yes it is, I am still a big fan of it so I decided to carry it over to this series.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms

Today we have a hard one for me, I love this teams current Logos and I don't think there is any need to change or improve them so I just did something different. For my Hershey Bears logo I tried to go for a classic '20's-30's style animated bear just to tie int othe history of the club.

wa4krpM.jpg

Milwaukee: Beautiful, ties in perfectly to the Brewers

Grand Rapids: Almost perfect, but the legs look too thick, giving it an almost "khaki pants" look

Hershey: The eyes are really throwing me, but I'm not sure what can be done to fix them

I actually really like Iowa, just it feels like the Iowa wordmark was just thrown on to be there. Maybe just go with out one, and try to incorporate an "I" into the design to make it unique to Iowa, but just the "W" could be a cool alternate logo for Minnesota.

For Hersey if you want to make the Bears eyes look better I'd but the notch on the same side of the eyes either both notches would be facing right or both facing left. Maybe putting some maroon into the design like some of their logos have now could make it better.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

That Admirals one is a beaut. I like the color scheme they have now (though they're gonna be changing it soon), but if they ever wanted to change their scheme to match the Predators, I'd want it to be something like us. Huge upgrade over the skeleton logo. The ship logo with the current colors would be awesome.

Since I haven't really given my thoughts on any of the logos, I'll do it all in this post.

Albany - I really like the idea and execution of the logo. Nothing to complain about and I enjoy the fact that you used red green.

Bakersfield - I'm not sure if I commented before on the logo, but it's a nice rendition of a condor. Condors are not necessarily the most visually appealing animals, but this logo really hides that fact. I'm not sure how I feel about the grey, but I don't feel that it's a detriment to the logo.

Bridgeport - I like it. Maybe the top area of the head is a tad narrow, but it's nothing major. I disagree with the need of a pupil, you can tell it's an eye.

Binghamton - Great as Binghamton, but it would be even more amazing as Ottawa due to the subtle O. Great update on the circular Senator logo and I'd love to see this come to fruition. Nothing to nit-pick.

Charlotte - One of my favorites, but I feel that the C should be thicker and finish higher in the circle.

Hartford - The wolf seems a little too feline to me, but other than that it looks great.

Chicago - I agree with the others, the jaw seems very misshaped. It's nice omit that.
Lake Erie - Love the idea with the E. I wish you would have went with the Blue Jackets colors, but it makes more sense to keep those colors. Huge improvement in their current logo.
Lehigh Valley - Love this as well. I wish you would have found a way to introduce purple into the color, but it looks beautiful nonetheless.
Milwaukee - My favorite. I love the new color scheme. It also makes more sense than a rave skull.
Grand Rapids - Should have made it into the AHL.
Hershey - Probably my least favorite. The bear just seems too old-style cartoonish and the Hershey script arch seems off.
Iowa - I like the idea, but it just feels like there's too much negative space where the IOWA is. Also, the tree that makes the W is not distinctive enough, making it still look like a V too me.
Great work so far. I'm very impressed with everything. Can't wait for the rest of the series!

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Thanks for all the feedback guys I'm going back and doing revisions, that I may post all at once at the end. Just as a heads up some of the teams that switched AHL-NHL affiliation may still be with the old teams colors because I had already finished at that point.

All of these are fantastic

If I had to choose my least favorites,

Hershey. As you said their current one is fantastic. The eyes look off on yours.

Iowa. The letter W looks like V (could fix it by making the two top parts of the w shorter) and the white highlight of the mountain is off.

Overall besides those two, great success.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Archived