2015 Rugby World Cup

kiwi_canadian

It's a few months away and we already have teams releasing their kit. I was at United Cycle here in Edmonton yesterday and I saw the new Canada shirt for the tournament. I didn't take a picture but I can tell you it is all red with a white collar. The Rugby Canda logo is on the left, the RWC logo on the right and the UNder Armour logo in the center. One thing that I really like on it is the rubber kind of material that seems to be all the rage and on Canada's it is designed as small maple leaves going across the front of the jersey. On the sleeves, the same small maple leaves are arranged in a way to create a larger maple leaf on each arm. I personally like the jersey and I am really hoping they pair it with white shorts and red socks. I'm not a big fan of black being included in Canada's kits lately and I'm really hoping that the alternate jersey is the same simple design.

Anyways, enough of Canada. Other teams have released their jerseys already. Here are some:

Australia:

Australia%252520RWC%2525202015%252520Hom

South Africa:

South%252520Africa%2525202015%252520Rugb

United States:

USA%2525202015%252520rugby%252520world%2

Samoa "Home":

Samoa%252520rwc%2525202015%252520home%25

Fiji "Home":

Fiji%252520RWC%2525202015%252520Home%252

Romania "Home":

Romania%252520rwc%2525202015%252520home%

Other contries have yet to release their kits but here are the dates of when they will be released:

New Zealand --> Adidas --> End of July

England --> Canterbury --> July 17

France --> Adidas --> End of July

Ireland --> Canterbury --> First week of August

Italy --> Adidas --> End of July

Argentina --> Nike --> August

Wales --> Under Armour --> no date confirmed

Scotland --> Macron --> July 3

Samoa --> BLK --> home kit released, no date on away

Fiji --> BLK --> home kit released, no date on away

Tonga --> BLK --> no date confirmed

Japan --> Canterbury --> First week of August

Georgia --> Under Armour --> no date confirmed

Canada --> Under Armour --> home kit "released" no date on away (seen in store)

Uraguay --> KooGa --> no date confirmed

Romania --> BLK --> home kit released, no date on away

Nabibia --> Brutal --> no date confirmed

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking that USA home shirt. US Soccer should follow a similar design for the next aways.

The Australia and South Africa jerseys look to be the replicas. I believe there are other extras on the game day jerseys, similar to what was described for Canada.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm really digging the South Africa sets. It's really hard to beat that particular green and gold together.

I fully expect the All-Blacks to look just about perfect as always. In my mind, there's no better looking team in all of Rugby than them. England's had a few kits that've come close, but New Zealand always takes the cake for me.

I feel like USA's are just okay, I'm not particularly thrilled by them. I do like the general idea, though. Maybe if they simplified it to just red thin stripes on the navy rather than red-white-red-white-red, it'd look a little cleaner and better. Even red-white would look good.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I'm liking that USA home shirt. US Soccer should follow a similar design for the next aways.

The Australia and South Africa jerseys look to be the replicas. I believe there are other extras on the game day jerseys, similar to what was described for Canada.

These are the real ones:

south-africa-springboks-2015-rugby-world

These are pretty nice, but I liked the old set better.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Definitely i don't like the ASICS work, worst Wallabies and Springbok uniform in years. The A logo is so invasive! bigger than de country shield and c-mon the SA Rugby logo have to be in chest, i don't know, may be top of the RWC patch

The Fiji jersey is pretty nice.

With ASICS being the jersey supplier for the Wallabies now, we will not see the classic look that Canterbury was known for. However, ASICS provided the Wallabies with a good looking jersey for this past year:

Wallabies%20Jersey%20Asics_zpsuly0pyit.j

There is NOTHING wrong with this. Can't stand the one they will be wearing for the World Cup. Looks like a bloody tennis shirt.

No matter how far or how wide I roam, I still call Australia home.

Chicago Cubs - Chicago Bulls - West Coast Eagles - San Jose State Spartans

Archived