2015 Rugby World Cup

kiwi_canadian

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the shorts will be interchangeable. In the Pan-Am Games, it was mostly Red shirt, white shorts, or white shirt, red shorts. I actually quite like it. Not over-designed, just classy.

.....had a chance to be there for the Pan-Am games, here's the ladies wearing that interchangeable look you speak of.

11698444_10153376199473614_3880364810670

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Argentina looking sharp. One of the few Nike teams left I think?

argrwc15homefront-e1436973273880.jpg

I believe this is their only national team. They do have Saracens coming off the Premiership title and a huge future star in Itoje. I don't know if he has a personal sponsorship deal with any company, but seems to be marketable. Nike has Brisbane in the NRL.

Is New Zealand sticking with the silver numerals on the black jerseys? They were awfully illegible against South Africa. And what's the rule for color-vs-color?

Color vs color is not as big an issue as there are no forward passes and in Rugby League the majority of the action is more compact than in soccer or American football. There are instances where the clash kits have to be used.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In Rugby World Cup matches when there is a clash there is a coin toss. Each team must have both a home kit and a clash kit and the winner of the coin toss decides which kit they want to play in. They don't always choose to play in their home kit.

For example, in the 2011 World Cup Final, France won the toss against New Zealand but elected to play in their white clash as a gesture towards NZ for being welcoming hosts - meaning that NZ could play in their traditional all black strips in front of their own fans.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

There was a case like that in the 2007 Rugby World Cup when France played New Zealand in the quarter finals. France elected to wear their home strip which was a darker blue, almost black jersey and the All Blacks protested. They had to play in their grey clash kit and lost. I remember there was a big curfuful over it in New Zealand when I was living there.

There was a case like that in the 2007 Rugby World Cup when France played New Zealand in the quarter finals. France elected to wear their home strip which was a darker blue, almost black jersey and the All Blacks protested. They had to play in their grey clash kit and lost. I remember there was a big curfuful over it in New Zealand when I was living there.

Yeah, they are sort of inconsistent as to how similar team strips need to be before they choose to play in away jerseys. In the Quarter Final game you are referring to France actually wore their home jersey and away socks and shorts. it was a strange looking game and because both teams wore mismatching strips, it was ironically hard to tell them apart. Screenshot below:

thierry-dusatoir_2007776c.jpg

Conversely, the Springboks wear a very dark jersey that almost always looks very close to black at a distance when playing the All Blacks and the two have never worn change strips to memory. Only the white shorts make it obvious...

Springboks-vs-All-Blacks1.jpgAll-Blacks-Julian-Savea-is-tackled-by-Mo

• 2 weeks later...

Wales world cup kit (plus sponsor and minus the RWC logo) with 4 gold bars on the arms marking the 4 occasions that Wales have gloriously managed to make it out of the pools stages of a World Cup without being beaten by a tiny Pacific Island nation.

JS69703792.jpgWRU-home-kit-5-players.jpgCL55N_GWgAA_V9K-1.jpg

Archived