"The Warriors Return" – Golden State Warriors Rebrand | Revised prim. and sec. logos 6/24/15

Go Red Sox!

Warriors%20intro%20I_zpsrhdighq7.png

This is my Golden State Warriors rebrand. Since the team will move back to San Francisco for the 2018-19 season, I decided to add a third color: International Orange – the official color of the Golden Gate Bridge. I also thought about changing the team's name, but after reading through various forums on the internet, a majority of San Francisco locals, Californians or average sports maniacs would prefer keeping the name Golden State instead of San Francisco. Many people argued that Golden State Warriors would sound better and more fluidly. Many people also have been used to the name Golden State, while others argued that "we already have the San Francisco 49ers and the San Francisco Giants", so they wouldn't need a third sports team using the city's name. Royal blue is richer and darker than the current color and golden-yellow is a little more golden, more reddish.

The centerpiece of the logo package is the rendition of a proud Native American warrior used in the primary mark, but also as a partial logo. Around his neck is a basketball-shaped charm and he is wearing a headband with a "W" on it. I chose a roundel, because firstly I love roundels and secondly the NBA loves them too. I also modernized the famous and quite popular "THE CITY" logo from 1969. This secondary mark contains a more detailed rendition of the Golden Gate Bridge. The 1988 primary mark, the basketball with the Californian state next to it, is also updated serving as another alternate logo. However, the "Warriors" flag logo is new. It's the team's name partly surrounded by a multi-colored "W" pattern ("W" for Warriors).

Basketball uniforms will follow in the next days or weeks, as well as a court design.

C&C is appreciated. Thanks for visiting my thread!

Warriors%20intro_zps7sdqoqc0.png

Warriors%20colors_zpswohl804q.png

Warriors%20logos_zpseywlqd9g.png

Warriors%20primary%20logo_zpsnmt5efm1.pn

Primary logo

Warriors%20secondary%20logo_zpswzpgntbo.

Secondary logo

Warriors%20alternate%20logo_zpsp0xtyij4.

Alternate logo

Warriors%20alternate%20logo%202_zpseijq3

Alternate logo

Warriors%20partial%20logo_zpsd72d5bcr.pn

Partial logo

Warriors%20wordmark_zpsea2h2bvt.png

Wordmark (regular and condensed)

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the greatest rebrand I've ever seen. The colors are perfect, and the WARRIORS actually have a warrior in their logo with yours. I like their design now, but I was alway so irritated by the lack of a warrior logo. They're the Golden State Warriors, not the Golden State Bridges! But anyways, 20/10. Amazing job. No complaints. I love the font as well. Are u doing jerseys too?

SB%2001%2003%2004%2015_zpsuc4ldp3t.pngNBA%20All_zpsgzk5pipt.pngSC%2029%2039%2041%2070%2072%2011_zpspiuwWS%2003%2012%2015%2016%2018%2004%2007%20

This rebrand is absolutely fantastic. The rendering of the head is beautiful, and I love the hidden W in the headdress. The state logo and the city logo are great. On the primary logo I don't think that the lines between golden state and warriors are necessary, and I don't know the applications where the Warriors logo could be used. Really great work ( even though I would prefer them to be San Francisco)

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Excellent rebrand, Go...

The colours, font, logos are all bang-on.

Really nice work here.

I guess you have to be careful with the PC thing, but it's done in such a positive manner, that I can't see there being a problem.

I don't know...maybe the bridge could be a little less detailed?...a little bolder, so the details aren't lost in a smaller format?

But I'm being super-nit-picky, because this is fantastic!!

Looking forward to the unis.

I almost feel bad mentioning this it's that nitpicky, but the headdress is bothering me. Specifcally, the yellow showing through the feathers. I see they are meant to be notches in the feathers, but because they are scattered within the headdress, they seem accidental. I would either color in those specks of "trapped" yellow with blue, or let the yellow show through even more.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I almost feel bad mentioning this it's that nitpicky, but the headdress is bothering me. Specifcally, the yellow showing through the feathers. I see they are meant to be notches in the feathers, but because they are scattered within the headdress, they seem accidental. I would either color in those specks of "trapped" yellow with blue, or let the yellow show through even more.

now that i look i agree too

The chief looks fantastic. His face looks (for lack of a better word) badass. Wow! Excellent stuff as always from you. The "partial logo" is definitely my favorite.

I'm not completely sold on the red-orange but I think it works. One of your reasons for having it though was that it was the color of the Golden Gate Bridge. However, on your secondary logo (the only logo that doesn't have the orange) the bridge is still yellow? I was thinking you might try making the bridge's highlights and shadows orange and yellow instead of yellow and blue.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

These concepts are absolutely gorgeous. However, I can't help but feel they would look better without the orange. It just makes the colour scheme look too garish to me. The orange is dark enough to appear red, three primary colours are very difficult to get to work together properly, and I think it throws off the balance of the blue and gold. I think the blue and gold work perfectly together as is.

Anyway, the logos/font/etc are all stunning. I can't wait to see the uniforms.

Unbelievable! Most of it looks great, i would still prefer the bridge circle logo or the california & basketball logo to be the primary, as either has been the primary for most of their history. The indian would suit nicely as a secondary or alternate logo though. Awesome presentation as well, neat, clean, and modern.

fiowXOD.png

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

I just love that orange put,which is my favorite.

I love how you put the Native American as the new logo,recalling their days in Philly.

The City logo is one of my favorites,and you updated that to perfection,so did the late 80's logo.

I just hope that the unis will incorpiate the cable car design too.

This is certainly the greatest concept in my entire life.

Perfection x infinity

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

Guest darkpiranha

Really nice.

My only concern (if this were a real rebrand) is what sort of Native American is that supposed to be? The only way this would ever be allowed is if it was paying homage to a tribe that is specific to the Bay Area, and only if they were intricately involved in the development. Right now, the Native American of the logo is of the generic "Indian" we (I'm a white guy) stereotypically expect and accept a Native American to be. Sure, the name of the team itself is the uber-generic "Warriors", but I'd maybe take the opportunity to tie it into the Bay Area Native American heritage (if any) more directly.

Archived