Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

I just wanted to start a thread for discussion about Atlanta's upcoming rebrand -- as we've got one for the Bucks, Raptors, 76ers, and Clippers, but don't seem to have one for the Hawks. Most of the discussion has been in the general NBA changes thread.

It looks like we'll be getting the new look on Wednesday.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/big-week-of-change-for-hawks-with-uniforms-owners-/nmjBX/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_hawks_sfp

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%204.52.3

We've already seen these:

Atlanta-Hawks-Logo-Leak.jpg

Atlanta-Hawks-New-Logo-Leaked-2015-16.jp

http://news.sportslogos.net/2015/05/30/atlanta-hawks-new-logo-leaked/

No idea how credible this is so take it FWIW:

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-22%20at%205.09.3

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the idea of volt, but it doesn't look horrible with red. I don't like that ATL wordmark, or the secondary mark, but all the other logos are awesome. I really hope to see that prism/chevron pattern on the jerseys, I think something new like that could be a good look for them.

I don't really care for the alternate logo but I'm sure we'll hardly ever see it so that's ok. It all comes down to the volt color. It depends how green it is. If it's more highlighter, that won't bother me too much. But if it's visibly green, I'll hate it. I am definitely ready for them to drop the navy blue. Never felt right. I grew up in the era where they were always red, black and yellow. This will at least be fairly similar to that.

It's not very smart to go with a throwback-inspired roundel logo and then turn around and go with a modern Red/Black/Volt look for the jerseys. Still, I'm excited to see what the Hawks come up with. Going to Navy was a mistake.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I like what I've seen so far from this rebranding. Great primary logo, good colors, and solid workmarks. I don't mind the secondary but I can see how people would prefer something added or just different altogether.

Very interested to see how they work in the volt/yellow/green color into the uniforms.

What's fascinating, to this point, is that the official primary and alternate logos have been presented in the color red, with white negative space only, to this point -- yet we're expecting a uniform set that includes black and "volt" as colors.

This means, inevitably, that the Hawks will have primary marks that clash with their on-court look. Though, the only official rendering we've seen with the volt color so far is the Christmas jersey leak.

I just don't see how application of the Hawks new marks will work unless they standardize a "uniform" version that's tri-colored, or whatever. I'm emotionally prepared for this to get pretty bad. I almost would have been happier with the team sticking to red and white.

What's fascinating, to this point, is that the official primary and alternate logos have been presented in the color red, with white negative space only, to this point -- yet we're expecting a uniform set that includes black and "volt" as colors.

This means, inevitably, that the Hawks will have primary marks that clash with their on-court look. Though, the only official rendering we've seen with the volt color so far is the Christmas jersey leak.

I just don't see how application of the Hawks new marks will work unless they standardize a "uniform" version that's tri-colored, or whatever. I'm emotionally prepared for this to get pretty bad. I almost would have been happier with the team sticking to red and white.

I'm sure they have a Pac-Man logo in volt, they just don't want to reveal that yet. Once the uniforms come out, I'm sure the team site, marketing and all that will make full use of the colors. The Primary logo however looks just fine the way it is. I think it's better that way because if we just throw the volt and black in there, it'll just look... weird. They want the weird to be on the uniforms and court, not the logo. Also they could easily just switch to red/white uniforms 5-6 years later if they want to and maintain the logo.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived