Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked they were legally able to call it volt, considering Nike owns it. Same as maize for Michigan. Adidas calls it 'sun'.

To clarify: are you saying that Nike owns "maize", or Michigan owns "maize"? I assume you mean the latter.

I actually kid of like them.

I'm not in favor of the mix and matching, but I actually like the re-brand.

1. Red

2. White

3. Black

You know, last night when the pics leaked the black granite one was my favorite and the red was my least favorite. Now, after seeing them on the players it's flipped, because the shorts and jersey on the granite don't match and the jersey looks like a quilted coat/Mavs trash bag unis. I still hate the A on the red alt though.

Another thing is numbers shouldn't be volt on the white, it should match the wordmark. Volt doesn't look good against white.

All in all. This is probably a middle of the pack uniform. It's a few tweaks from being a nice modern update. It's not worse than the Clippers (doubt anything can be), and might be better than the Raptors if all they're really doing is watering down what they already have for no reason. Whereas the new Sixers and Bucks might be in the Top 10.

I feel like the mix and matching will add a very interesting aspect to these uniforms and the NBA. A good mixed uniform is always fun (not sure how these will work though). But I'm interested in this for sure.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived