Nike + CFL 2015 (Winnipeg 7/6)

mbannon92

NIKE REVEALS CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE UNIFORMS FOR THE 2015 SEASON

June 23, 2015 – The Canadian Football League boasts a rich, tradition-laden history with roots over 100 years old, when the inaugural Grey Cup was presented in 1909. However, the CFL is also a forward-thinking league, as shown by its many unique and innovative rules and fast-paced style of play.

With this dichotomy in mind, Nike has looked deep into the history and tradition of each team and drawn inspiration from both past and present. As the 2015 CFL season kicks off, Nike is unveiling each team’s new Mach Speed uniforms.

The Mach Speed football uniform features an all-new chassis including the latest in lightweight fabric innovation built for maximum speed, ventilation and comfort. The uniform includes three distinct woven mesh fabrics for optimal thermoregulation. Each panel on the jersey and pants matches specifically to the pads underneath in order to promote maximum airflow.

In addition to primary home and away uniforms, each team will also have two “Pride” uniforms to be worn during CFL Heritage Month in October. These Pride uniforms take inspiration from each franchise’s history and identity but with a modern twist, creating a unique, 21st century look for each team.

BC Lions

Calgary Stampeders

Edmonton Eskimos

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Montreal Alouettes

Ottawa RedBlacks

Saskatchewan Roughriders

Toronto Argonauts

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Nike is the official sideline and on-field provider for the Canadian Football League. Fans will be able to purchase jerseys, official sideline gear and other apparel at Nike.com, as well as at Nike Stores and other key Nike retailers.*

* Not actually, as this is a concept. Please don’t go to Nike demanding CFL gear.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BC Lions

The Lions take the field in 2015 in clean, simple uniforms, similar to what they've sported the last several years. The simple helmet and pants striping and matching collars offer a refined look, while the removal of the primary logo from the shoulders brings the focus to the classic white helmet. BC's pride uniforms honor the Grey Cup-winning 1964 club, with an orange paw and braisher stripes on a black helmet and orange sleeve caps. The intimidating all-black home look will surely strike fear in the eyes of opponents when the take the field at BC Place.

iNFWKDZ.png?1

BU0uuSn.png?1

Calgary Stampeders

The Stampeders new look in 2015 pays homage to the franchise's western roots. Thick, clean stripes on the sleeve caps and pants reflect the franchise's no-frills attitude, and the numbers feature modern angles that evoke the spirit of the west. Calgary's Pride uniforms honor the 1948 Stampeders, who won the franchise's first Grey Cup. Alternating red and white stripes on the shoulders reflect the look of the 40s, while the horse on the helmet lets you know the Stampeders are coming.

7NofGiM.png?1

Dl2wVKS.png?1

The Stamps are fantastic... Better than what they have now.. Like how u incorporated the sig Jersey font

Cannot wait for my Eskimos

On a side note the league are getting a new supplier next year and the rumour is Adidas are getting the contract.. Be interesting to see you take that challenge on to sir

Excellent work, curious to see what you're going to do with my Boatmen. Also, sort of a knit picky thing, I would put the nike logos on the sleeves as opposed to the chest.

In this fictional situation Nike bought the right to the left chest area, replacing one of the sponsor patches for each team. While the NFL was adamant about keeping Nike off the chest, I feel like the CFL wouldn't mind.

Also, regarding the sponsors, I got rid of the terrible rectangular patches and handled them more like soccer teams do. Makes for a cleaner look.

The Stamps are fantastic... Better than what they have now.. Like how u incorporated the sig Jersey font

Cannot wait for my Eskimos

On a side note the league are getting a new supplier next year and the rumour is Adidas are getting the contract.. Be interesting to see you take that challenge on to sir

Yeah, I really liked that font on the Stampeders, so I went with something similar. And that's understandable that they're going to Adidas since Reebok has been phased out of team sports in recent years.

This is a fantastic start! Keep up the great work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Edmonton Eskimos

The Edmonton Eskimos new uniforms bring together past and present into a consistent, simplified look. The removal of black from logos and uniforms allows the green and gold to shine through, while the team’s classic striping pattern appears on the sleeve caps and socks over a field of green, unobstructed by logos. Gold helmets and pants with consistent striping are featured on both the home and road uniforms, creating a unified look week to week, and the new number font matches the Eskimos’ wordmark. The Pride uniforms harken back to the Eskimos of the 60s, with contrasting color shoulders featuring an “E” on each sleeve.

kO92xDo.png?1

ERkq7NK.png?1

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

The classic look the Hamilton Tiger-Cats recently brought back remains in 2015, but with several improvements. The leaping tiger logo has been removed from the sleeves, leaving more room for the team’s classic 7-stripe pattern, while a custom number font has been implemented to complement the wordmark. The Ti-Cats Pride set is inspired by the team’s uniforms from the 60s through the 80s, featuring a yellow helmet and contrasting shoulders, but tiger stripes on the helmet, sleeve caps, and pants offer a modern look that captures the fight of the Tiger-Cats.

UiIhALb.png?1

youApZ3.png?1

Great start! I didn't realize these were real teams. The only thing I don't like are how different the alternates are from the originals (except the BC Lions). Would love to have that template as well.

My Eskies look fantastic. Love the return to yellow helmets and pants on the roads, and the elimination of black. I've always been fond of the slightly dated dropshadow on the numbers, but the new font is nice. Well done!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Eskimos are outstanding!

Like the road jersey this is how it should be now.. Not with the green shoulders...

Font is good... Lost the drop shadow so ..that's cool..

The pride unis are awesome

I've emailed all these to our equipment manager.. There solid

Hammy is good...,like the yellow lid on the pride Jersey.. Not sure if I like the tiger sleeves yet thou..

Phenomenal work sir

Montreal Alouettes

The Alouettes new uniforms are inspired by the teams of the 70s but decidedly modern and befitting of the 21st century. The blue home jerseys with red sleeves return as the primary look, but are complemented by tapered shoulder stripes. Matching stripes on the helmet and pants give Montreal some much needed consistency in their look. The white away uniforms match the look of the home, but with a blue pants option to keep things fresh. The Pride uniforms share the Alouettes’ red and white scheme of the 60s, with the primary logos’ three streaks featured on the helmet, jersey and socks offering a modern take on Montreal’s classic look.

sHcvGAh.png?1

hpy7mqH.png?1

Archived