World University Games: KU versus the world

TheRicSlick

KU, in preparation for the World University Games in South Korea has played it's first exhibition game against Canada. KU-SA beat the Canadians 91-83.

In case your wondering, KU is the representative of the USA is the tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

So are they playing front line starters there or are they going UEFA tour de America soccer roster style? I tried searching myself how a school gets to participate itself at a summer int'l event.

What are other NCAA bb players doing right now? The ones from every single other school in America.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

So are they playing front line starters there or are they going UEFA tour de America soccer roster style? I tried searching myself how a school gets to participate itself at a summer int'l event.

What are other NCAA bb players doing right now? The ones from every single other school in America.

Kansas was selected last year by the U.S. International University Sports Federation, the delegation who selects the athletes who participate.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/06/17/kansas-becomes-team-usa-for-world-university-games/10696621/

UNI did it for them in 2007 and finished ninth.

Just to recap, KU went 2-0 against the Canadians in exhibition play. They beat Turkey 66-57 in the opener, then beat the Brazilians 82-71, they are now 3-0 in group play after a blowout 106-41 win against Chile.

Archived