JoePa Getting His Own Beer

pianoknight

Read this story on a Husker site I frequent.

"...Jay Paterno, who coached as an assistant at his father's side for 17 years, has joined forces with Upper St. Clair lawyer Mark Dudash, a 14-year veteran of the brewing industry, to start the Paterno Legacy Series of beer. The brew, a premium American lager available in 12-ounce cans, is set to roll off the production lines at Latrobe's City Brewing Co. in cases and 12-packs in time for tailgating season."

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?74629-Late-Penn-State-coach-Joe-Paterno-is-getting-his-own-beer

http://triblive.com/news/editorspicks/8592175-74/paterno-beer-dudash#axzz3dXrsp8gb

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

"Not to be consumed by persons under 21 years of age... *wink*"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll preview the beer in a style similar to Beer Advocate's reviews.

Appearance: Pours OK; looks like dehydrates player's gold urine.

Smell: Not very hoppy but there is a hint of dirt, grass, and used jock straps. It also smells of desperation from a son who cannot find employment in his profession due to him being a substandard football coach who kept his job because of his father and now must license the family name for him to make a living.

Taste: Not surprisingly bitter, like a fanbase and family who are in denial. There is an aftertaste of the loss of a child's innocence.

Mouthfeel: No comment due to Sandusky double entendre

Overall: Nothing really good in this product, but some will find it worth the price.

F in most of the USA.

B- in certain areas of Pennsylvania and Nittany Nation.

It makes a great shower beer.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Nicely done.

----

I actually found this beer to have a definite and pronounced impact of flavor, but after the temperature of the glass rose the flavor went totally vacant. However 2 years later, the beer's flavor was restored to my palate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Mike McQueary denies ever drinking this beer.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey, I think we might be onto something with college coach-branded beers.

Woody Hayes Double IPA: It'll punch you in the throat!

Bear Bryant Crimson Ale: Refreshing in the summer heat!

Nick Saban's Pale Lager: You'll kick back with 6!

Urban Meyer IPA: Anything goes!

Bobby Bowden Bock: Don't get cheated out of flavor!

Lou Holtz's High Gravity: You'll get schlosched!

Tom Osborne's American Light Lager: An easy-drinking option! You'll run for more!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Mike Gundy's "I'm a Man" IPA, aged 40 years.

twitter

Nicely done.

----

I actually found this beer to have a definite and pronounced impact of flavor, but after the temperature of the glass rose the flavor went totally vacant. However 2 years later, the beer's flavor was restored to my palate.

I was due for a good one. Now as long as we make sure that beer never gives profits to the Muscular Dystrophy Association, we should be alright.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived