New Fictional Basketball League, USPBL (Tucson Saguaros new logo and uniforms added.)

QThaGAWD

Albuquerque Osos

Tucson Rays

El Paso Peppers

Omaha Bison

Austin Lone Stars

Las Vegas Aces

Daytona Beach Tsunamis or Hurricanes

Not sure on Norfolk, Birmingham, Louisville, or Little Rock. It seems as if your goal was to put the team locations in places no NBA teams currently reside in, good approach. I look forward to this series!

Also, great league logo.

how about i help you with this Virgina(Norfolk) Has a rich naval history Arkansas(Little Rock) is home to the worlds only diamond mind accessable to the public the other three i also have no ideas on how to approach a name for them eaither

and yes im looking forward to this aswell it wouldnt be possible without you guy's suggestions thats for sure. i do feel i need to say that this will not be rushed its gonna take awhile to get this done but i hope everyone enjoys it.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is awesome! I love the league logos that you made. I have a few team name suggestions:

Albuquerque Desert Dogs

Tucson Desert Hawks (I realize that's similar to Albequerque) or the Tucson Ghosts

El Paso Southerners

Austin Cowboys

Boise Pioneers or Boise Journeymen

2rhu4wn.png5zip.png28meq29.gif

I'll be taking suggestions for nicknames for the next day or so. Keep them flowing in and I'll post the finals after that or i can give you 3 choices for each cities and you vote on your favorite in a poll, but thats up for you all to decided. just let me know :) again thanks for your participation!

This is awesome! I love the league logos that you made. I have a few team name suggestions:

Albuquerque Desert Dogs

Tucson Desert Hawks (I realize that's similar to Albequerque) or the Tucson Ghosts

El Paso Southerners

Austin Cowboys

Boise Pioneers or Boise Journeymen

I like them thanks you for your feedback :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Albuquerque Wolves

Norfolk Rivermen/Captains

Boise Thunderbirds

Tucson Fire

El Paso Stars

Omaha Stampede

Austin Bandits

Birmingham Vipers

Las Vegas Aces

Louisville Riders

Little Rock Diamonds

Dayton Beach Admirals

These are great! but can you give me some backstory on why you chose a few of theses names id love to know :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

How about...

Little Rock Destroyers/Warships

or

Arkansas Minors/Gems/Ice ?

I like both Destroyers and Gems. The reason for Destroyers is because USS Little Rock has been a battleship in the Navy and they are making another soon.

How about...

Little Rock Destroyers/Warships

or

Arkansas Minors/Gems/Ice ?

I like both Destroyers and Gems. The reason for Destroyers is because USS Little Rock has been a battleship in the Navy and they are making another soon.

i agree and i didnt know there was going to be another one

Tucson should be the desert dogs because they are basically in a Desert

i get the desert part but why the dogs? is it because it sounds cool?

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Sure!

Albuquerque- there are a lot of wolves/coyotes there and I liked the ring of "Albuquerque Wolves" ha ha.

Norfolk- they have a big naval history and Virginia itself is on the coast

Boise- not really sure, I just liked the name Thunderbirds.

Tucson- it's super hot there and fire is hot.

El Paso- Texas is the lone star state

Omaha- back in the 1800s in the Midwest there was a lot of stampedes of cattle, etc.

Austin- lots of bandits and vandals in the Midwest back in the 1800s

Birmingham- Alabama has a lot of snakes/vipers

Las Vegas- All the gambling in Las Vegas and ace as in an ace in cards.

Louisville- the Kentucky derby and I liked the way riders sounded

Little Rock- Arkansas is the diamond state and they have a diamond mine there

Daytona- they are on the coast and admirals is a really cool name. Haha

Well thank you! I'm glad you liked them, I hope I explained the names well.

Albuquerque Wolves

Boise Thunderbirds

Tucson Fire

El Paso Stars

Omaha Stampede

Austin Bandits

Birmingham Vipers

Las Vegas Aces

Louisville Riders

Little Rock Diamonds

Dayton Beach Admirals

These are great! but can you give me some backstory on why you chose a few of theses names id love to know :)

Sure!

Albuquerque- there are a lot of wolves/coyotes there and I liked the ring of "Albuquerque Wolves" ha ha.

Norfolk- they have a big naval history and Virginia itself is on the coast

Boise- not really sure, I just liked the name Thunderbirds.

Tucson- it's super hot there and fire is hot.

El Paso- Texas is the lone star state

Omaha- back in the 1800s in the Midwest there was a lot of stampedes of cattle, etc.

Austin- lots of bandits and vandals in the Midwest back in the 1800s

Birmingham- Alabama has a lot of snakes/vipers

Las Vegas- All the gambling in Las Vegas and ace as in an ace in cards.

Louisville- the Kentucky derby and I liked the way riders sounded

Little Rock- Arkansas is the diamond state and they have a diamond mine there

Daytona- they are on the coast and admirals is a really cool name. Haha

Well thank you! I'm glad you liked them, I hope I explained the names well.

Albuquerque Wolves

Boise Thunderbirds

Tucson Fire

El Paso Stars

Omaha Stampede

Austin Bandits

Birmingham Vipers

Las Vegas Aces

Louisville Riders

Little Rock Diamonds

Dayton Beach Admirals

Yes, you explained them perfectly. i just wanted to make sure you didnt just throw names in different places because i want these to be out of the box but still true to the city or state but that being said "Aces" is too obvious of a choice imo.

Sooner or later you're gonna need to post a concept instead of discuss the names

Well i have to decide on the names before i can start a concept

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Sooner or later you're gonna need to post a concept instead of discuss the names

That's why you decide on names before you even post the thread. A thread without a concept only wastes space on the first page and pushes things off the first page.

u3J7jjd.png

That's why you decide on names before you even post the thread. A thread without a concept only wastes space on the first page and pushes things off the first pThe

The point of this thread was to get people who frequent the forum to do something together and youre the only one who came to troll. So far everyone seems to be enjoying it, did your topic get pushed off the first page by me? sorry. :peace:

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

How about the Las Vegas Night? There are so many possibilities with that name...

Oh and PaperThin, I'm not at all trying to be rude here, but I think choosing names IS a concept. A concept is an idea, not just a logo or a uniform, so this thread right now IS a concept. We're thinking of ideas for the designs.

How about the Las Vegas Night? There are so many possibilities with that name...

Oh and PaperThin, I'm not at all trying to be rude here, but I think choosing names IS a concept. A concept is an idea, not just a logo or a uniform, so this thread right now IS a concept. We're thinking of ideas for the designs.

i like the LV Night name im making the poll now and will be posting it later today. also thanks for explaining what a concept is to him.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

What I'm saying is if there is no actual concept (logo/uniforms) and only bickering about team names, most of the time there is no concept posted, if not the concept is rushed. I want to see a concept and help you improve, but if it all it is is just a team name discussion it's a tad bit annoying.

u3J7jjd.png

If you all could go to the link below and vote on the ones you like, i can start work on the next phase of this which is color scheme and logos

there are only ten choices because the site wouldn't let me add more without a fee so i'll be choosing the names for Little Rock and Daytona Beach from your suggestion.

thank you all for your participation.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZS682QG

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Archived