Teams Most Needing a Rebrand

tnagraffix

This can go on all sports, but right now in the NBA I have to say the Rockets, Jazz, and Thunder are the teams most in need. In the NFL the Bucs and the Jags need to scratch the Nike treatment, and in baseball the only team that really catches me are the Rockies. But the worst team in all "4 major sports" IMO is the Aneheim Ducks.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list could go on for a while personally, but in each sport I'll keep it to the ones I feel are most urgent. And by "rebrand", I'm thinking "scrap it all and start anew", not just tweak here and there.

NBA

- Clippers

- Nuggets

- Mavericks

NFL

- Chargers (keep the bolts, but that's it really)

- Jaguars

MLB

- Rays

- Diamondbacks

NHL

- Ducks

- Capitals

MLS

- No one needs a "rebrand", in my mind. A few need some small changes, but I personally like the look of the league all across the board.

All in all, I feel most teams in both the NFL and MLB are just a few tweaks away from getting it right. Those are really the only teams in both leagues I feel need to start all over. There's a couple others in the other sports, but perhaps not as urgently as those mentioned in my mind.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

most teams really just need some logo work or some uniform updates, maybe a color tweak. the teams i'll list below i think need a reworking of many identity elements with new stategic goals in mind. that is what a "re-brand" should be, not just a new logo. some could even stand a name change.

Washington football team

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Golden State Warrioirs

Dallas Mavericks

Toronto Raptors (probably)

OKC Thunder

Detroit Pistons

Atlanta Hawks

LA Clippers

Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Rays

Arizona Diamondbacks

Miami Marlins

SD PAdres

Washington Nationals

Anahiem Ducks

CArolina Hurricanes

Florida Panthers

Pittsburgh penguins

TB Lightning

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

This can go on all sports, but right now in the NBA I have to say the Rockets, Jazz, and Thunder are the worst by far.

Jazz just needs to go back to one of these two beauties:

mountain-ak.jpg

x610-12-307x416.jpg

I see some people are talking about the Caps. I know their not bringing back the gold but I think it's odd that they introduce a Winter Classic uniform that's TOTALLY different from their current set, and the don't capitalize on it at all. They're even bringing back their old red jersey.

ALSO add to the list:

Dolphins

Buccaneers

I'd say 49ers but they really only need to drop their black jersey and get a red facemask IMO, so not really a dire need.

I feel like there is another thread for this, but I'll just go with it.

NFL

Baltimore Ravens

Tennessee Titans

Atlanta Falcons

Carolina Panthers

Arizona Cardinals

MLB

Cleveland Indians

Seattle Mariners

Colorado Rockies

San Diego Padres

NBA

Orlando Magic

Dallas Mavericks

Houston Rockets

Utah Jazz

Sacramento Kings

NHL

Pittsburgh Penguins

Washington Capitals

Carolina Hurricanes

Calgary Flames

Colorado Avalanche

I'm not including the ones that recently underwent changes.

most teams really just need some logo work or some uniform updates, maybe a color tweak. the teams i'll list below i think need a reworking of many identity elements with new stategic goals in mind. that is what a "re-brand" should be, not just a new logo. some could even stand a name change.

Tampa Bay Rays

Arizona Diamondbacks

Miami Marlins

SD PAdres

Washington Nationals

The Nats need to rework their identity? I agree with the others here, however. Also, you forgot the Indians.

I personally feel like the Nationals nailed it the first time (the inaugural roadies are still one of my favorite individual baseball uniforms ever). It hasn't been a total train wreck since, but it's certainly been a significant downgrade since. I feel personally though that they're one of those teams that are only a few changes, rather than a total rebrand, away from getting it right.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

NBA:

LA Clippers (because their rebrand was a complete FAIL)

ATL Hawks (just need to get rid of the bright yellow AKA: Volt Green)

DAL Mavericks

NY Knicks

WAS Wizards

SAC Kings

NFL:

WAS Redskins (if it wasn't for all this racist name talk, it wouldn't be on here)

CLE Browns

NHL:

WIN Jets (needs more red)

CLB Blue Jackets

COL Avalanche

VAN Canucks

WAS Capitols

MLB:

COL Rockies (getting to 90's for me)

CLE Indians

CHI White Sox

MIA Marlins

MLS:

NE Revolution

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Tampa Bay Rays

Arizona Diamondbacks

Miami Marlins

SD PAdres

Washington Nationals

The Nats need to rework their identity? I agree with the others here, however. Also, you forgot the Indians.

super boring identity and the logo still reminds me of Walgreens. i thought i would get over that by now, but its still all i see.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'd say the Arizona Diamondbacks and the San Diego Padres. They once had iconic color/colour schemes, but they've abandoned them and it's difficult to determine what they're respective identities are today.

Can't believe I forgot the Diamondbacks. They're #1 in baseball in terms of need for a rebrand

90758391980.gif

Archived